Hacking USB not recieving enough power when launching out of region title in rednand

epicboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the title says, I'm trying to launch a EUR color splash on a USA console. In sysnand it gives the error of out of region. In rednand and sigpatched sysnand it gives me an error saying usb not receiving enough power even though every single other installed title doesn't give this issue.

Does anyone have any idea as to what can be done to solve this issue?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just as the title says, I'm trying to launch a EUR color splash on a USA console. In sysnand it gives the error of out of region. In rednand and sigpatched sysnand it gives me an error saying usb not receiving enough power even though every single other installed title doesn't give this issue.

Does anyone have any idea as to what can be done to solve this issue?
Even though rednand is region free certain out of region games will still not work just as they wouldn't work in Loadiine. For colour splash you need to modify the cos.xml file to get the euro version to work on an American wiiu. So it would be easier just to download the American version or if you are set on playing the euro version you need the cos.xml file from the American version or you need to edit the euro cos.xml to be the same as the American cos.xml

Last edited by AmandaRose,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using a USB y cable or external power supply for your drive? Doesn't sound like power is really the issue, but that would help make sure.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried using a USB y cable or external power supply for your drive? Doesn't sound like power is really the issue, but that would help make sure.
2 points about that

1) all his other games work fine so not a power issue

2) the error he is getting is well known and been discussed many times on this site by people who are running the colour splashout of region and the solution is like I said to modify the cos.xml

Reactions: epicboy

epicboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though rednand is region free certain out of region games will still not work just as they wouldn't work in Loadiine. For colour splash you need to modify the cos.xml file to get the euro version to work on an American wiiu. So it would be easier just to download the American version or if you are set on playing the euro version you need the cos.xml file from the American version or you need to edit the euro cos.xml to be the same as the American cos.xml
Thank you for your answer. That does make sense about the modification of the cos.xml for that specific game. It seems like color splash simply hates my wii u and either does not start up or always freezes at random points during gameplay which gets very frustrating.

In any case, thank you for your time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night