Hacking USB Loader GX2 and WUP installer GX2 doesn't recognize FAT32 HDD

Kermosil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm having a problem, USB Loader GX2 and WUP Installer GX2 doesn't recognize my external HDD in FAT32 format but Wii does (it says compatible HDD is plugged in when I turn power on)

WUP installer GX2 recognizes the HDD if it's formatted to WBFS but not when it's formatted to FAT32.

How is it possible that Wii recognizes the HDD but software don't? Is it just the brand of the HDD that is the problem? My HDD folder structure is

• G:\games\game name [gameid]\game.iso
  • G:\wbfs\game name [game id]\game.wbfs
USB Loader GX settings show only one partition WBFS (0.02GB) although when starting it up it seems to recognize the HDD (doesn't say it's missing or searching for HDD). I have connected the HDD to port 0

My hardware:
  • Wii 32GB version firmware: 5.5.2E
  • Lacie 1TB external powered HDD (formatted first with FAT32 format (guiformat.exe) and then with Bootice according to instructions in definite vWii hacking guide)
  • Kingston 32GB SD card class 10 (SDHC UHS-I, Class 1 (U1) formatted with guiformat.exe to FAT32

My software;
  • Homebrew channel 1.4 for vWii and Wii U
  • USB Loader GX 3.0 r1268 20171215132345
  • Haxchi v2.5u2 on the Wii U side
  • vWii (WUPHAX)
  • cIOS installer mod 2.2
  • IOS236 installer MOD v8 special vWii edition
  • cIOS 249(on base 56), 250(on base 57) and 251(on base 58) (using d2xv10-beta52-vWii.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
vWii use FAT32 or WBFS (deprecated)
WiiU use WiiU HDD (not FAT32! not WBFS!)

You can't use WUP installer with FAT32.
Wup installer can't install to WBFS, thought the Wiiu "sees" the device because you deleted the FAT32 partition, but it's not compatible if it's not formatted to WiiU format.

you need 2 different HDDs, you can't use the same device for WiiU and vWii at the same time.
format one HDD to wiiu, exclusively for WiiU games (wiiu, wii, gamecube)* without using an USB Loader.
format a second HDD to FAT32, exclusively for vWii (wii, gamecube) using an USB Loader.

* like you see, you don't need a FAT32 HDD for wii and gamecube, there is a method to convert Wii or gamecube games to WiiU format and install/launch them on WiiU mode.

Last edited by Cyan,

Kermosil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification I thought Wii U formats the HDD to WBFS. Also my main problem was that USB loader GX2 didn't recognize my 1TB Lacie HDD but it recognizes Toshiba 3TB and Lacie 160GB

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification I thought Wii U formats the HDD to WBFS. Also my main problem was that USB loader GX2 didn't recognize my 1TB Lacie HDD but it recognizes Toshiba 3TB and Lacie 160GB
It doesnt use WBFS. Its a new proprietary Wii U file system that can't be cloned or used anywhere else. Also you will need a "Y" cable for your hard drives if they don't have external power. The Wii U USB ports don't supply enough power for the HD through USB.

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan @Kafluke

Wassup Cyan and Kafluke! You guys help me out before and resolved my issues, which is greatly appreciated by the way. I have another issue that just started yesterday and this issue is very similar to the original poster's issue on this thread. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is recognized by the Wii U system to play the games (and the games even still show up on the Wii U menu screen) but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions. However before the Wii U formatted this HDD, I did a format prior on my PC using a non-Windows formatting software tool to make the HDD 2TB leaving the remaining 1TB unallocated. I was under the impression that HDD have to be 2TB and under for the Wii U to recognize it. I just upgraded to this HDD this weekend from a 500GB drive. I transferred all the data over using the copy and move feature in the Wii U settings. After that I used the Mocha CFW after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine, WUP Installer was installing everything correctly for two days straight on the new drive until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't this that has something to do with this issue.

Can you guys help me again and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan @Kafluke

Wassup Cyan and Kafluke! You guys help me out before and resolved my issues, which is greatly appreciated by the way. I have another issue that just started yesterday and this issue is very similar to the original poster's issue on this thread. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is recognized by the Wii U system to play the games (and the games even still show up on the Wii U menu screen) but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions. However before the Wii U formatted this HDD, I did a format prior on my PC using a non-Windows formatting software tool to make the HDD 2TB leaving the remaining 1TB unallocated. I was under the impression that HDD have to be 2TB and under for the Wii U to recognize it. I just upgraded to this HDD this weekend from a 500GB drive. I transferred all the data over using the copy and move feature in the Wii U settings. After that I used the Mocha CFW after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine, WUP Installer was installing everything correctly for two days straight on the new drive until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't this that has something to do with this issue.

Can you guys help me again and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Have u run out of space on hardrive. When I started to get low on space even though I had enough to fit what I was installing onto it it threw a problem. I don’t remember exactly what it said. I just remembered I deleted some games I didn’t need and afterwards it worked fine. Maybe install to nand then used Wii U management app to move it to hardrive

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have u run out of space on hardrive. When I started to get low on space even though I had enough to fit what I was installing onto it it threw a problem. I don’t remember exactly what it said. I just remembered I deleted some games I didn’t need and afterwards it worked fine. Maybe install to nand then used Wii U management app to move it to hardrive
I have almost 2TB of space left.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the channel or hb launcher version? Not sure if it really matters but could try the others. Or maybe even try a dif dif WUP Installer besides the gx one
Have u tried installing to nand then copying it to usb with Wii U disk management. Not that having to do another step wouldn’t be painful but if it works it’s better then nothing I guess

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the channel or hb launcher version? Not sure if it really matters but could try the others. Or maybe even try a dif dif WUP Installer besides the gx one
Have u tried installing to nand then copying it to usb with Wii U disk management. Not that having to do another step wouldn’t be painful but if it works it’s better then nothing I guess
I'm using the HBL Channel that was installed using Haxchi over a NDS game. I am not using CBHC at the moment.

The WUP Installers I used so far are WUP Installer GX2 and WUP Installer GX2 MOD, what other ones do you suggest?

I did try installing it to the nand first and copying it the USB, but that method took forever. I had to install and copy each content at a time and there was one game that didn't even fit. I had to sit there through the whole process as I install each content one at a time. I like it when I could just hit select all or check every box in WUP Installer in hit the install button and let it do it's thing and I could be doing my thing in the process. I like to hit install once so it can install everything at one time, you know what I mean? That was the joy of installing to the USB. Plus I heard it not good to install to the nand first. I was told it's better to install to USB first to test out the content to see if it's good first, cuz if it's bad and if it's tested on the nand first it could brick your Wii U. Once the content is tested and it's good on the USB side then it's best to transfer it to the nand afterward.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WUP installer is NOT working with FAT32 USB at all (like I said on the second post of that thread in answer to "the similar issue than the OP" like you said)
if you install a game to the "fake SD redirected to USB using Mocha beta" bug, then your installed game will have only 0byte files size.

you posted in that thread, and you specifically said you have the same problem (meaning, problem using a FAT32 USB ! not a WiiU formatted HDD), so I assume you are using Mocha to get a FAT32 USB on your WiiU.
if your problem is about wiiu HDD (not FAT32 HDD), then I'm not sure it was a good idea to post in someone else's thread about a different problem.

Personally, I never understood why users post on someone else thread, saying "I have the EXACT same problem" and knowing the solution for that EXACT same problem has already be given, but in fact it's completely ANOTHER problem.
If it's the SAME problem, then the solution has been given, and you fixed your problem by reading the answer provided to the user who created that thread and already fixed it.

if the provided solution doesn't work for you, then it's obviously NOT the same problem, then why use a someone else thread with a different problem to get a completely different help?

About your actual problem, based on what you said:
The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected first time)
So, it's not FAT32. ok.

It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions. However before the Wii U formatted this HDD, I did a format prior on my PC using a non-Windows formatting software tool to make the HDD 2TB leaving the remaining 1TB unallocated. I was under the impression that HDD have to be 2TB and under for the Wii U to recognize it.
Partition size is different than drive size. if the WiiU has a drive size limit, formatting a smaller partition will have no effect on the compatibility restriction.
All the thing you did on PC to format or partition the drive has been lost and has no effect, because the wiiU completely deletes the partition table (sector 0 of the drive) and there's no more partition when formatted in WiiU format. all the drive is "raw encrypted".

I just upgraded to this HDD this weekend from a 500GB drive. I transferred all the data over using the copy and move feature in the Wii U settings.
Ok, so it means it worked fine.

After that I used the Mocha CFW after every reboot
Why Mocha?
even if you don't have Haxchi, or CBHC installed, there are better alternatives than Mocha as CFW.
If you have Haxchi or CBHC, you don't even need Mocha because you ALREADY have a CFW!
Mocha should never be used by end users, unless you need a real time debugger and memory manipulation tool.

Mocha is a temporary firmware patcher, when you reboot the console it cleans and removes the patches from memory.
using Mocha beta instead of Mocha not beta (other than being not a good idea to use Mocha at all) :
1) is useless because you don't need FAT32 support and
2) shouldn't have any effect on your USB drive's content. if you had a FAT32 partition with a specific folder on it, that folder would have been virtually mounted as "wiiu formatted drive".
you can't have that folder (because it's not FAT32) therefore it had no effect on your drive.
3) is worse because you lose USB access ! (that's the result of thinking latest == better ! without properly understanding the changes done in each version of a beta program)

Mocha version is BETA and unstable. So, maybe it's the cause of your problem. but the entire WiiU wouldn't be able to read its content, not just WUP installer.
That Mocha beta has a BIG bug : the USB port is seen as SD card port, the real SD card port is not seen anymore, the first USB drive plugged into USB is not seen as USB anymore but as SD card, the second not stealth USB drive is seen as first USB drive.
If you still use Mocha before installing a WiiU game, then "usb destination" is not available anymore, it's like "you don't have any USB connected". you have only internal and SD available.

Please, don't use Mocha anymore. NEVER.
if you don't have an installed CFW patcher (haxchi or CBHC) just use "simple signature patcher" homebrew instead.
but you said you have Haxchi already, so I really don't understand why you bother with complicated unnecessary dangerous and useless steps of patching CFW twice in a row?

If, even without launching Mocha, your USB is still not working with WUP installer, then I don't know why your HDD can't be recognized by WUP installer anymore.
did you search for that error number you get? (you linked someone with the SAME EXACT error, why not post in that other thread instead? it would have been a more similar issue than this thread)

Last edited by Cyan,

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WUP installer is NOT working with FAT32 USB at all (like I said on the second post of that thread in answer to "the similar issue than the OP" like you said)
if you install a game to the "fake SD redirected to USB using Mocha beta" bug, then your installed game will have only 0byte files size.

you posted in that thread, and you specifically said you have the same problem (meaning, problem using a FAT32 USB ! not a WiiU formatted HDD), so I assume you are using Mocha to get a FAT32 USB on your WiiU.
if your problem is about wiiu HDD (not FAT32 HDD), then I'm not sure it was a good idea to post in someone else's thread about a different problem.

Personally, I never understood why users post on someone else thread, saying "I have the EXACT same problem" and knowing the solution for that EXACT same problem has already be given, but in fact it's completely ANOTHER problem.
If it's the SAME problem, then the solution has been given, and you fixed your problem by reading the answer provided to the user who created that thread and already fixed it.

if the provided solution doesn't work for you, then it's obviously NOT the same problem, then why use a someone else thread with a different problem to get a completely different help?

About your actual problem, based on what you said:

So, it's not FAT32. ok.

Partition size is different than drive size. if the WiiU has a drive size limit, formatting a smaller partition will have no effect on the compatibility restriction.
All the thing you did on PC to format or partition the drive has been lost and has no effect, because the wiiU completely deletes the partition table (sector 0 of the drive) and there's no more partition when formatted in WiiU format. all the drive is "raw encrypted".

Ok, so it means it worked fine.

Why Mocha?
even if you don't have Haxchi, or CBHC installed, there are better alternatives than Mocha as CFW.
If you have Haxchi or CBHC, you don't even need Mocha because you ALREADY have a CFW!
Mocha should never be used by end users, unless you need a real time debugger and memory manipulation tool.

Mocha is a temporary firmware patcher, when you reboot the console it cleans and removes the patches from memory.
using Mocha beta instead of Mocha not beta (other than being not a good idea to use Mocha at all) :
1) is useless because you don't need FAT32 support and
2) shouldn't have any effect on your USB drive's content. if you had a FAT32 partition with a specific folder on it, that folder would have been virtually mounted as "wiiu formatted drive".
you can't have that folder (because it's not FAT32) therefore it had no effect on your drive.
3) is worse because you lose USB access ! (that's the result of thinking latest == better ! without properly understanding the changes done in each version of a beta program)

Mocha version is BETA and unstable. So, maybe it's the cause of your problem. but the entire WiiU wouldn't be able to read its content, not just WUP installer.
That Mocha beta has a BIG bug : the USB port is seen as SD card port, the real SD card port is not seen anymore, the first USB drive plugged into USB is not seen as USB anymore but as SD card, the second not stealth USB drive is seen as first USB drive.
If you still use Mocha before installing a WiiU game, then "usb destination" is not available anymore, it's like "you don't have any USB connected". you have only internal and SD available.

Please, don't use Mocha anymore. NEVER.
if you don't have an installed CFW patcher (haxchi or CBHC) just use "simple signature patcher" homebrew instead.
but you said you have Haxchi already, so I really don't understand why you bother with complicated unnecessary dangerous and useless steps of patching CFW twice in a row?

If, even without launching Mocha, your USB is still not working with WUP installer, then I don't know why your HDD can't be recognized by WUP installer anymore.
did you search for that error number you get? (you linked someone with the SAME EXACT error, why not post in that other thread instead? it would have been a more similar issue than this thread)

Wow my guy, you sure put a lot of energy in these post man. I didn't say it was the SAME EXACT issue, I said it was very similar issue due to the whole WUP Installer GX2 not recognizing the USB HDD. But it's OK, I'm gonna move past that because I'm a busy man and I don't have a lot of time on my hands.

I went ahead took your advice and created my own thread here.

Anyways, moving along to respond to your post about Haxchi...I believe my Haxchi is not working properly. Well I did the whole Haxchi install over a NDS game but it has the 'h' for Homebrew on that channel now, and when I click on it Homebrew opens up. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you probably used a different icon (it's just a picture.png file, you can use any picture you want as icon). I remember users made different haxchi icon and splash screen when it was first released, maybe you picked a different icon? or you chose the "H" icon because you made haxchi to autoboot HBL? (or found someone else's package pre-configured with that icon instead of taking it on the official haxchi website?). Well, it could be a lot of possibilities.
Haxchi is set to launch the homebrew launcher by default, so it's doing it correctly.
if you want to patch the firmware to CFW, you need to keep pressed B button when you launch haxchi until it reboots the console into patched firmware. the patches will stay applied until you shutdown the console.
haxchi is patching faster than mocha, and has no menu. it's just a quick way to get signature check function patched. Mocha is useful only for what Haxchi doesn't patch : debugger, RedNAND, or FAT32 USB beta.

If you want, you can setup haxchi to launch different/more homebrew by pressing different buttons when launching it.
Personally, I prefer setting haxchi to auto-patch the firmware if no button is pressed, and launch HBL if B is pressed.

If you want to change the button behavior you can reinstall haxchi over itself, it will copy the new config.txt to NAND.
you can also reinstall haxchi to change the icon displayed over the channel.

the config and icon file used (which will be copied to NAND) are located in sd:/haxchi/ folder.

Last edited by Cyan,

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably used a different icon (it's just a picture.png file, you can use any picture you want as icon). I remember users made different haxchi icon and splash screen when it was first released, maybe you picked a different icon? or you chose the "H" icon because you made haxchi to autoboot HBL? (or found someone else's package pre-configured with that icon instead of taking it on the official haxchi website?). Well, it could be a lot of possibilities.
Haxchi is set to launch the homebrew launcher by default, so it's doing it correctly.
if you want to patch the firmware to CFW, you need to keep pressed B button when you launch haxchi until it reboots the console into patched firmware. the patches will stay applied until you shutdown the console.
haxchi is patching faster than mocha, and has no menu. it's just a quick way to get signature check function patched. Mocha is useful only for what Haxchi doesn't patch : debugger, RedNAND, or FAT32 USB beta.

If you want, you can setup haxchi to launch different/more homebrew by pressing different buttons when launching it.
Personally, I prefer setting haxchi to auto-patch the firmware if no button is pressed, and launch HBL if B is pressed.

If you want to change the button behavior you can reinstall haxchi over itself, it will copy the new config.txt to NAND.
you can also reinstall haxchi to change the icon displayed over the channel.

the config and icon file used (which will be copied to NAND) are located in sd:/haxchi/ folder.

So you say to keep holding 'B' on the Wii U menu while Homebrew is trying to open?

I like your button config setup.

I recently change my button config to this last week:
  • Default=Mocha CFW
  • Hold A= Loadiine GX2
  • Hold B= WUP Instatller GX2
  • Hold X= Homebrew
  • Hold Y= App Store
But, like yours I want to change my default to Haxchi.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, I thought your haxchi was actually autobooting HBL. I probably misunderstood.

to change the default to haxchi, just set default=sysmenu to patch CFW using haxchi's patcher.
it'll be faster and just reboots the system menu.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: showdownx

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to change the default to haxchi, just set default=sysmenu to patch CFW using haxchi's patcher.
it'll be faster and just reboots the system menu.

That it huh! Well I be doing that when I get home. It look like holding the 'b' button is the default settings when Haxchi is installed for the first time, right? I will be sure to change my config setting to 'default=sysmenu' so I can run Haxchi on default. Thanks man.

I believe you are right, I did take someone Prepackage Haxchi from a YouTube tutorial, now I remember.

How can I make different Haxchi icon and splash screens using .png files and stuff?
How can I reinstall Haxchi to change the icon displayed over the channel?
I was told there is a way to create more than one Haxchi over NDS titles and change them to different Homebrew apps, that sounds dope! Can you show me how to do that? Then I'll leave you alone...lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1)
You can use a different icon/splashscreen using a different .tga files (Sorry, I said png but the wiiU uses targa format instead), and put them into SD:/haxchi/ folder, then when you reinstall haxchi it will copy these files into your NAND to replace the currently used ones.
ATTENTION : these tga need to be in a specific format, not all format are working.
There is a tool to verify and convert to proper format. Always use this tool before copying your png to the console!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tgaverifiy-a-tga-verifier.450997/

you can use any other tool or picture program to set the format correctly :

1. the icon MUST be 128x128 pixels, background 986x504 pixels
2. the icon MUST have a depth of 32. (add an alpha channel)
3. all of the .tga files MUST have ........TRUEVISION-XFILE.. at the end of the file. (tgaVerify will add it automatically if missing)
4. all of the .tga files MUST be uncompressed

2)
Download haxchi installer again (from official website) https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
extract to SD (you need 2 folders : SD:/haxchi/ which contains pictures and button setting file, and SD:/wiiu/apps/haxchi/ which contains the program)
and launch it from HBLauncher.
Do not delete current version you have on your console, just overwrite the haxchi you already have it will replace the haxchi version and data automatically.

3)
to run haxchi, you need a LEGIT NDS game (because you need signature patch to run a non legit game).
But haxchi CFW patches the signature check too ! so once you have launched haxchi CFW once, you can then run any non legit NDS games, so you can install many Haxchi in many legit or non legit NDS games.
Just remember that you'll need to first run the legit haxchi, to patch signature check, to be able to run other haxchi.
unless you have many legit NDS games, in that case you can launch them without the need to patch CFW first.

Install few NDS games (at least ONE legit)
setup the config.txt to the homebrew you want, and "default" is the one launched when no button is pressed, edit the tga as needed.
launch haxchi installer
choose the NDS games to replace with the current config/tga setup.
Done.

edit config and tga on SD and repeat on another NDS game.

Just remember, ONE haxchi can be used to launch MANY homebrew (as much button you have on your gamepad) so you don't really need 20 NDS game, one NDS game can already launch more than 10 homebrew.
so, at least, your haxchi installed to the legit NDS should have either a way to patch the firmware (sysmenu) or launch HBL (to launch a firmware patcher from here) or you'll lose the ability to launch homebrew without CFW and you'll need to run HBL using the browser exploit again.

Last edited by Cyan,

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)
You can use a different icon/splashscreen using a different .tga files (Sorry, I said png but the wiiU uses targa format instead), and put them into SD:/haxchi/ folder, then when you reinstall haxchi it will copy these files into your NAND to replace the currently used ones.
ATTENTION : these tga need to be in a specific format, not all format are working.
There is a tool to verify and convert to proper format. Always use this tool before copying your png to the console!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tgaverifiy-a-tga-verifier.450997/

you can use any other tool or picture program to set the format correctly :

2)
Download haxchi installer again (from official website) https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
extract to SD (you need 2 folders : SD:/haxchi/ which contains pictures and button setting file, and SD:/wiiu/apps/haxchi/ which contains the program)
and launch it from HBLauncher.
Do not delete current version you have on your console, just overwrite the haxchi you already have it will replace the haxchi version and data automatically.

3)
to run haxchi, you need a LEGIT NDS game (because you need signature patch to run a non legit game).
But haxchi CFW patches the signature check too ! so once you have launched haxchi CFW once, you can then run any non legit NDS games, so you can install many Haxchi in many legit or non legit NDS games.
Just remember that you'll need to first run the legit haxchi, to patch signature check, to be able to run other haxchi.
unless you have many legit NDS games, in that case you can launch them without the need to patch CFW first.

Install few NDS games (at least ONE legit)
setup the config.txt to the homebrew you want, and "default" is the one launched when no button is pressed, edit the tga as needed.
launch haxchi installer
choose the NDS games to replace with the current config/tga setup.
Done.

edit config and tga on SD and repeat on another NDS game.

Just remember, ONE haxchi can be used to launch MANY homebrew (as much button you have on your gamepad) so you don't really need 20 NDS game, one NDS game can already launch more than 10 homebrew.
so, at least, your haxchi installed to the legit NDS should have either a way to patch the firmware (sysmenu) or launch HBL (to launch a firmware patcher from here) or you'll lose the ability to launch homebrew without CFW and you'll need to run HBL using the browser exploit again.

Yeah man!!! Yes, that make perfect since, I got this! I am bout to have some fun tonight with all this! Hell yeah, thanks for all your help.

By the way...sysmenu = default works nice, it's really smooth. No more mocha for me. Plus WUP Installer GX2 is recognizing my USB HDD again. I backed up all my content and re-formatted the drive (using the Wii U of course) put all my content back on the drive. I change my default command to sysmenu on that config file. Once I fired up the Wii U, loaded up HaxchiFW and all games, dlc's and updates were installing smoothly. I'M IN THE GAME! So thanks once again for your help!

Last edited by showdownx,
Reactions: Cyan

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way...sysmenu = default works nice, it's really smooth. No more mocha for me. Plus WUP Installer GX2 is recognizing my USB HDD again.

I know I'm kinda late to the party...
Prior to solving your issue with WUP Installer GX2 (when you were still booting with mocha), did you happen to have your vWii USB device plugged in at the same time (ustealthed or not)?

My setup is a bit more complicated but I noticed my RedNAND has the same error message (not sure about the code) when I leave my vWii drive connected during any install with WUP installer GX2. I always figured it was a RedNAND side effect, but perhaps it's just a general Mocha bug!

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm kinda late to the party...
Prior to solving your issue with WUP Installer GX2 (when you were still booting with mocha), did you happen to have your vWii USB device plugged in at the same time (ustealthed or not)?

My setup is a bit more complicated but I noticed my RedNAND has the same error message (not sure about the code) when I leave my vWii drive connected during any install with WUP installer GX2. I always figured it was a RedNAND side effect, but perhaps it's just a general Mocha bug!

Yes, I always have my vWii USB HDD connected. I never had this problem before. I believe it was the Mocha FAT32 version.

Drake008

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SO the USB Stick must be Formatted in WIIU FOrmat? But that is something I did and still I cannot copy WUpInstaller GX2 Games to USB.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮