• Views 7,163,290
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which loader I'm using ? Really I'm in the usb loader gx thread ... So I'm using usb loader gx . And nintendont so I will wait for cyan to respond thx.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for a long time, nobody cared to create a list for EmuNAND compatibility.
Everyone want one, but nobody help.

So, I created the page, now it's up to the users to edit it to help other users:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_EmuNAND_Channel_Compatibility_List

EmuNAND is not "not working", it only requires a specific setup.
For example, N64 games require rev19 base38, NOT d2x.
so, please, fill the correct information based on your tests.

To make sure I understand, because I couldn't get Paper Mario to load: I would need to install ios 249 rev19 base 38 if I want to play any N64 game? And is there a difference between running Wii games with that ios, as opposed to the d2x I have now? I believe I have rev10 installed.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think any dev have the entire games/Ware library. Asking them to test and create pre-configured settings seems too much. Different setup may require different settings too.
It is best handled by users to create some sort of wiki list or pre-configured setting files.

If you want to have built-in detection on per game basis, then it will bloat the codes and may create memory issues sooner or later.

Since when is it only up to the devs to do this? I simply asked if it was possible. When you create a per-game setting configuration it's saved to the SD or USB device, there could be pre-compiled configurations for known problematic games.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To make sure I understand, because I couldn't get Paper Mario to load: I would need to install ios 249 rev19 base 38 if I want to play any N64 game? And is there a difference between running Wii games with that ios, as opposed to the d2x I have now? I believe I have rev10 installed.

he means the cIOS 249 Rev19 Base 38 needs to be installed to the IOS 249 slot in the emunand

Tosnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now WiiMC channel needs a per game setting of boot IOS 58

Just tried WIIMC, per game setting: cIOS 251 (d2x v8, base 58)
still only sees SD

another thing: is it possible to make USB-loader GX look for games in more than one folder, like for Emunand Channels: one folder for those games requireing cIOS38 r17 on SD card and one for the other games running with d2x on HDD? The options do not allow this, but I could edit the config file on a computer, right?
I mean, this is already available for GC games.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Since when is it only up to the devs to do this? I simply asked if it was possible. When you create a per-game setting configuration it's saved to the SD or USB device, there could be pre-compiled configurations for known problematic games.

This is where you confused me.
USBloadergx already allows you to set and save per game settings; and you asked
"cyan is there a way you can make pre-configured per game/channel settings so problematic games/channels are easier for end users?"

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on why quitting Nintendont with the R + Z + B + D-Pad Down combo causes it to hang if I launched a GC game from GX? When I launch Nintendont from the HBC or CFG, this doesn't happen.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
still only sees SD

another thing: is it possible to make USB-loader GX look for games in more than one folder, like for Emunand Channels: one folder for those games requireing cIOS38 r17 on SD card and one for the other games running with d2x on HDD? The options do not allow this, but I could edit the config file on a computer, right?

settings>custom paths>Emunand Channels path
that's the setting your looking for.
my 251 is d2x beta53-alt I think I know it's base 56 can't remember if it's beta 52 or beta 53-alt installed to the 251 slot. which ever one allows for dual usb port plug n play.
I have USB Loader GX set to boot IOS 251 and read GC games and emunand from a fat32 160GB HDD on USB port 0 and Wii games from an NTFS 750GB HDD on USB port 1.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is where you confused me.
USBloadergx already allows you to set and save per game settings; and you asked
"cyan is there a way you can make pre-configured per game/channel settings so problematic games/channels are easier for end users?"

yes I asked if there was a way he could supply pre-configured per game/channel settings, but doesn't mean he can't ask for the community to help with that

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
yes I asked if there was a way he could supply pre-configured per game/channel settings, but doesn't mean he can't ask for the community to help with that

Well Cyan has been complaining about not enough time for his bug fixing.
May I ask on his behalf that you help him to ask for the community to help with that and then submit to him and ask him to distribute with his future releases?

Tosnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my 251 is d2x beta53-alt I think I know it's base 56 can't remember if it's beta 52 or beta 53-alt installed to the 251 slot. which ever one allows for dual usb port plug n play.
I have USB Loader GX set to boot IOS 251 and read GC games and emunand from a fat32 160GB HDD on USB port 0 and Wii games from an NTFS 750GB HDD on USB port 1.
It seems you misunderstood me there. I know I can set a custom path for emunand channels, but only one. My situation is as follows: I have a 2GB SD card, which AFAIK is the max size for cIOS38 r17 (SDHC does not work, at least with Triiforce v7 SD). I could load the emunand games from HDD, but mine is 2TB, which proved to cause problems with emunand, too. I need those 2TB since that is also my Video HDD.
The thing with 2 different HDDs for emunand and other stuff is interesting. But I guess it is not worth the trouble. After all, it is only a handfull of games that do not work with USB-loader GX with my current setup. I can still use triiforce for those.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are saying 1209 has the same issue, so it's before I changed the IOS reload function.
Maybe shutting down USB when exiting the loader is causing issues with the next loaded homebrew. (but DM/Devo don't have issues with it)

It affects it only if you launch the forwarder channel?
if you launch WiiMC dol from the homebrew browser it works fine?

Cyan, definitely the forwarder channel but unfortunately I'm not 100% about launching it from the built-in homebrew browser.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well Cyan has been complaining about not enough time for his bug fixing.
May I ask on his behalf that you help him to ask for the community to help with that and then submit to him and ask him to distribute with his future releases?

If someone wants to work on pal consoles, I can do the work on NTSC consoles,essentially we just need a base configuration setting that works with certain games and if it doesn't work for a users setup they can edit the settings till it works, not all TV's are made with the same resolution even if they have the same screen size. but this will at least help a bit so that less users are complaining about "Game doesn't work what settings are needed for this game ?".

Samurai Warriors 3 for example doesn't play in progressive mode or with 16:9 aspect ratio enabled the settings need to be set to

NTSC-U - Video Mode: Force NTSC;Aspect Ratio 4:3

PAL - Video Mode: PAL50;Aspect Ratio 4:3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a lot of bug report/suggestions/questions lately !
That's great to see this thread and project active, but I'm a little left behind with available time.
I can work on it only little by little, and can't make all the things you want. (sorry)

don't install old revision to slot249 if you don't know the differences between old and new.
keep the current cIOS in slot249
install a new cIOS (rev19 base38 or 56 or 57 etc.) in a free slot (for example in slot 248).

rev17 :
Wii games need to be on WBFS partition (not on FAT32 or NTFS)
doesn't work with 4k drives
Doesn't work with Block IOS Reload, doesn't work the same way with return to loader (some games will not work, like prince of persia forgotten sand if you use "return to")
EmuNAND need to be on root (it doesn't work in folder)
EmuNAND need to be on the first partition of the drive (not partition selection possible)
and I don't remember what else, check the changelog of the cIOS or USBLoaderGX changelog on the first post.

he means the cIOS 249 Rev19 Base 38 needs to be installed to the IOS 249 slot in the emunand
I never said that! installing cIOS into emuNAND will have NO effect at all.
Oh, I didn't think of that, makes sense.
No, it doesn't make sense. don't install cIOS into emuNAND.
still only sees SD

You mean for EmuNAND? yes it's possible. The option already allow this.
some users are using a special setup to list all games at once, even if they are using their own folders.
it's long and complicated to explain, but to resume:
you need to set the path one by one for problematic games.

start by setting a global path (in settings>user path, recommended to the default path : /nand/)
place a second emuNAND dump on the root of your SD or USB (rev17 seems to have issue with one of the device, I don't remember which one, it random blackscreen)
then for each problematic games:
the setting you want is located in Game > preferences > individual game settings > EmuNAND path
install the problematic games in boths emuNANDs paths so you can list them all at once.
set the IOS slot and the path to use for problematic games. (game working fine will use the global settings)

Nop, this is not the setting he is looking for. look above.

For user who edited the wiki entry for kirby64 :
I see you used d2x v10 base38, you tested other base (usually base56) and it didn't work?
thanks for testing other base :)
users generally don't bother with switching bases and keep the default "56/57/58" that tutorial tell to install.

Duke Shirehill :
I don't understand all you want to do or why you can't do it.
You might miss something.
Follow a softmod guide to be sure your console is correctly hacked.
try other USBLoaders (wiiflow or cfg loader) to be sure your console is correctly hacked.

Reactions: Tosnic

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's great to see this thread and project active, but I'm a little left behind with available time.
I can work on it only little by little, and can't make all the things you want. (sorry)

Just make sure you work on USBloader GX because you enjoy it and not because you feel obligated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
about the memory issue we had with 1235, I added a memory check function.
It seems that if Mem1 is full (and it looks like it's almost always full at launch! only few bytes free) the elements using a lot of memory are moved to Mem2 (there's a lot of free space there) freeing Mem1 automatically.
maybe it works like that only if there's enough mem1 free at launch. maybe the PS3 controller was started in mem1 then automatically moved to mem2 which created the issue? it's hard to understand what's being moved, and identify where is everything.

well, I don't know if the values I get are accurate, but it seems consistent.
I don't know a lot how to manage memory, but I'm still learning by reading the code and other websites informations.
I wish Dimok would still be helping me for things like that (if you read me ;) )

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
about the memory issue we had with 1235, I added a memory check function.
It seems that if Mem1 is full (and it looks like it's almost always full at launch! only few bytes free) the elements using a lot of memory are moved to Mem2 (there's a lot of free space there) freeing Mem1 automatically.
maybe it works like that only if there's enough mem1 free at launch. maybe the PS3 controller was started in mem1 then automatically moved to mem2 which created the issue? it's hard to understand what's being moved, and identify where is everything.

well, I don't know if the values I get are accurate, but it seems consistent.
I don't know a lot how to manage memory, but I'm still learning by reading the code and other websites informations.
I wish Dimok would still be helping me for things like that (if you read me ;) )

Some Times there is a code dump upon startup, would getting a screenshot of the code dump help? it usually happens when returning from a playing a game for a few hours, very rarely does it happen when just starting up USB Loader GX but it has happened.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on why quitting Nintendont with the R + Z + B + D-Pad Down combo causes it to hang if I launched a GC game from GX? When I launch Nintendont from the HBC or CFG, this doesn't happen.
Just wanted to add to this to my previous bug report: Nintendont isn't the only app that presents this issue when launched from GX. So does Nugasa, and most apps that have a "Return to loader" option I select it. Quitting to the system menu instead doesn't cause this bug to happen, unfortunately Nintendont doesn't have this option.

Edit: I'm on the latest GX version, but this problem has been present for years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: