• Views 7,163,672
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

Albertini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The recomended cIOS are the same in 2015?

222[38] & 223[37-38] [Hermes v4]
202[60] & 224[57] [Hermes/Rodries v5.1]
249[56] & 250[57] [Waninkoko v21 d2x v8]

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Cyan, does ULGX support .bnr for gamecube games?
If so, what's the format to display custom banners for GCN?
Yes.
ID4.bnr or ID6.bnr, same format than the Wii banner animations.

Albertini :
yes. that's still the same recommendation.
users might want d2x v10, but if v8 works then keep it. v10 is only for HDD compatibility.
202 is not really required (last homebrew using it is WiiSX Mod)
220 to 224 are less used, but still working. Some users might want to use them. you can install or keep them.

Sheldon392:
Wii or vWii? did you connect the drive to USB Port0 ? (bottom on Wii, top on vWii).
Try with d2x v10 (beta52, NOT v10-alt beta53)

edit:
I've read another thread of yours, so you are on vWii and want dual port support, so keep v10-alt.
but plugging the USB to Port1 is not enough, you need other setup to use Port1 :
- connect to port0 (or no HDD connected, it's better)
- settings > hdd settings > port : Port1 (it should edit your meta.xml automatically to tell the loader to mount port1 only at launch).

BUT (big but!), cIOS seems to not work correctly with Port1 on vWii .... so this setup (as much as it would have been the best) is not really useful.

put your gamecube games that you are playing on SD Card.
keep your Gamecube games "archived" (the one you are not playing) on USB.
I will probably add an option in the features menu to copy games from USB to SD.

Sheldon392

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheldon392:
Wii or vWii? did you connect the drive to USB Port0 ? (bottom on Wii, top on vWii).
Try with d2x v10 (beta52, NOT v10-alt beta53)

edit:
I've read another thread of yours, so you are on vWii and want dual port support, so keep v10-alt.
but plugging the USB to Port1 is not enough, you need other setup to use Port1 :
- connect to port0 (or no HDD connected, it's better)
- settings > hdd settings > port : Port1 (it should edit your meta.xml automatically to tell the loader to mount port1 only at launch).

BUT (big but!), cIOS seems to not work correctly with Port1 on vWii .... so this setup (as much as it would have been the best) is not really useful.

put your gamecube games that you are playing on SD Card.
keep your Gamecube games "archived" (the one you are not playing) on USB.
I will probably add an option in the features menu to copy games from USB to SD.

Thanks Cyan, big help as always :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Cyan, does ULGX support .bnr for gamecube games?
If so, what's the format to display custom banners for GCN?
They're the same as the Wii, I use a few custom GC banners myself, you can even download them if you mark "custom banners" and download.

Here's a trick you can do, once you lunch the game hit (reset) on the console, it solves my issues with a couple of PAL only games that don't seem to work otherwise, I asked Cyan about them before and he has no idea why this happens.

This is why I have asked for SD card system menu access in USB Loader GX but Cyan never replies about the idea, but then again there's so many different features in USB Loader GX that he can barely cram anything else into the little amount of memory that is left with the current amount of code that usb loader gx has
Actually I asked this a long time ago and Cyan confirmed that it cannot be done, not sure if anything has changed since then but I doubt.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SD launching (Channels stored as .bin file using official system menu) could be possible. JoostinOnline worked on a code to extract files from .bin and convert to .wad.
Instead of converting, it could be copied to internal NAND and launched. But you will need enough free space on internal NAND for that operation as all launched channel is first copied to NAND before launching.
it will not launch directly from SD.

I don't intend to work on this feature for the moment. I have other priorities and not enough time.

Edit:
And as always, I don't like the idea of writing to NAND.
If I make a feature using SD Menu, it will probably be an export feature SD->EmuNAND or SD->direct-neek2o-launching (which would be a lot faster than copying files to NAND).

OriginalHamster:
ID4 = 4th first letter of the GameID
ID6 = ID4 + Publisher code

GZLP = ID4 for Zelda
GZLP01 = ID4 + ID2 (01 = Nintendo)

if you have the ID6, remove the 2 last letters and you'll have ID4.
USBLoaderGX looks first for ID6 and then ID4 if ID6 is not found.
having both at the same time has no purpose.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

goldenpipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys ive been searching on there for awhile and i cant seem to find anyone thats had my issue.

I have AC powered external HD with 2 partitions, one for Wii (NTFS) and one for GC (FAT32). The loader finds all the ISO's no problem but when i go to play ULGX tells me it needs to be the first partition. Can i simply use a partition application to change the partitions around. Or am i missing some setting?

If i go HBC -> Nintendont it loads up the GC game no problem. So im not sure if its a ULGX issue or nintendont.

I am on vWii on a Wii U.

Using Latest versions of everything. (just auto updated to make sure it hasn't been fixed)

I have MMM on my HBC so i can check CiOS and all that if need be.

patito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,im trying to find a way to disable the start/pause button in the gamecube controller ,it currently does "home" function,any hint about where in the source is that value?

thanks!

Nevermind,i found where it was,thanks!

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly besides a couple of the big games I store them all on the SD card system menu, some games use additional data on the system nand when moved to the SD card so emunand through Uneek2O works best for those.
I prefer the SD Card Menu due to emunand having low compatibility for some games and some games that do play stop working later on like Pokemon Rumble it boots you can play it but get to the last level and it does nothing but freezes when entering any of the last 6 areas
Say what? I've never run into anything that didn't work on emuNAND. If I find something that doesn't work when loaded through GX, I simply boot the emuNAND and run it from there. And I can even switch to emuNAND straight from GX, by selecting the neek2o channel that I have installed in sysNAND.

Duke Shirehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello. I have now got USB Loader GX to work I anväde this USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
but it can not find the hard drive,
NTFS is the format of the,
window I use can not format to FAT32.
I have read here https://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/wiki/Installation
but do not understand how I get Loder USB to USB Loader GX as a Channel on the Wii System Menu

Tosnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(SOLVED)

Problem:
I am currently having a weird issue with Xenoblade:
On the main screen, where the wind blows through the grass while the day slowly changes to night and the main theme plays: the daylight changes are usually accurately adjusted to the music. This harmony is now broken, as the changes of daylight occur much later than they are supposed to. Thus the video is offset. You could simply say that the video plays slower than the audio :-/ although I think all but the lights is at normal speed. Playing the game I did not notice any difference in speed nor weird stuff happening.
I only have this problem with USB loader GX, while CFG loader still works perfectly. Thus it can neither be a bad game dump nor the IOS. Both loaders are configured to use 248 (d2x)
What I did do before this problem occured: I changed the loader's IOS to 249 (cIOS38r17, installed for triiforce), so the loader would boot faster. The game CIOS remained as 248. After I noticed this crude change in Xenoblade, I reversed the settings so both IOSs are back to 248. Yet the issue remains!
I might have the latest version of USB-loader GX, since I updated like 3 months ago.

Reason: My game disc is PAL, my Wii is NTSC. USB-loader GX was setup to use the disc region, thus the game ran in PAL mode, which has a lower framerate than NTSC (PAL: 25, NTSC: 30). Hence the video took longer to play in PAL mode than in NTSC mode, while the audio still played with normal speed, resulting in the offset described above. Since I play games in NTSC mode on default I was used to the NTSC timing. I almost pity the ppl playing the game in PAL mode, because they are likely to never experience the perfect harmony and interplay of music and video on the main screen.

Solution: Change either the game to "force NTSC" or the loader to "NTSC" (or "System Default" if your Wii is NTSC.

Tosnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello. I have now got USB Loader GX to work I anväde this USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
but it can not find the hard drive,
NTFS is the format of the,
window I use can not format to FAT32.
I have read here https://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/wiki/Installation
but do not understand how I get Loder USB to USB Loader GX as a Channel on the Wii System Menu

to add the channel to th system menu, you have to download the channel / forwarder installer, which is probably an automated homebrew application, or a .wad file for manual installation via a wad manager.

as for the HDD issue: some drives will not be recognized, but those are scarce. Be sure your wii partition is set to "primary" and "active". You can do this (along with fomatting as FAT32) with the freeware Easeus Partition Master.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
to add the channel to th system menu, you have to download the channel / forwarder installer, which is probably an automated homebrew application, or a .wad file for manual installation via a wad manager.

as for the HDD issue: some drives will not be recognized, but they are scarce. Be sure your wii partition is set to "primary" and "active". You can do this (along with fomatting as FAT32) with the freeware Easeus Partition Master.
also connect your drive to the outer usb port.
If you have a drive that requires more power via usb , make sure you connect the "power" plug to the inner usb port.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say what? I've never run into anything that didn't work on emuNAND. If I find something that doesn't work when loaded through GX, I simply boot the emuNAND and run it from there. And I can even switch to emuNAND straight from GX, by selecting the neek2o channel that I have installed in sysNAND.

Go install Bejewled 2 to your emunand and try it, it just freeze's at the start screen

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

as for the HDD issue: some drives will not be recognized, but those are scarce. Be sure your wii partition is set to "primary" and "active". You can do this (along with fomatting as FAT32) with the freeware Easeus Partition Master.

it's not the hard drive that is incompatible with wii homebrew but the HDD Sata to USB controller that would be incompatible I have 4 different drives that I use they all work without issues. here's an example
I set up a friends wii for USB Loader GX went and got him a 3.5" sata to usb 3.0 case but DIOS-MIOS wouldn't boot using that controller I could take my drive that I use on my own wii to play GC through Dios-Mios put it in the case that we bought for his wii and GC games fail to boot but using the case I already had worked with both my drive and his, so you see it is never the HDD at fault but the controller not being compatible with the Wii, that causes issues

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Theme Downloading has issues? Because I tried to pimp my GX and after selecting the theme to download it gaves me an error, same error in the spoffy webpage.

Maybe the server is down?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have AC powered external HD with 2 partitions, one for Wii (NTFS) and one for GC (FAT32). The loader finds all the ISO's no problem but when i go to play ULGX tells me it needs to be the first partition. Can i simply use a partition application to change the partitions around. Or am i missing some setting?
Loading Gamecube games used to require to be on the first partitions.
It seems nintendont loads the first FAT32 partition now instead of the first partition of the drive, so I'll remove the check.
I'll send you a test version by PM.

Hello! Theme Downloading has issues? Because I tried to pimp my GX and after selecting the theme to download it gaves me an error, same error in the spoffy webpage.
Maybe the server is down?
Website now require registration to download themes.
I didn't work on the theme menus since the website doesn't allow direct download.
Download them manually and extract the zip to your /themes/ folder, then you can use the theme manager's menu to select the one you want.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't work on the theme menus since the website doesn't allow direct download.
Download them manually and extract the zip to your /themes/ folder, then you can use the theme manager's menu to select the one you want.
The website uses Registration and adfly links so usbloader GX won't be able to download from the server unless it's changed back

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loading Gamecube games used to require to be on the first partitions.
It seems nintendont loads the first FAT32 partition now instead of the first partition of the drive, so I'll remove the check.
I'll send you a test version by PM.

Just tried that and it didn't work, dead links it seems, waited the ad.fly page and no Download shows up.

Anyway [User]Cyan[/user] I will pm you the results of the test later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche