• Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EDIT: I fixed it

Now only when I start the forwarder sometimes it gives me an error about mounting usb, and it is switching to classic or something.
No games are shown then.
If I start usb gx loader via homebrew never have this issue.

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me? my USB loader is showing my games are 30GB when they arent, the games work perfectly but its annoying to see it on disc view.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't look at it? problem fixed!
I had that issue once, but it fixed itself, I don't know why.

The only issue you can have is if you try to dump your disc while you have this bug, it will report the wrong size, and will refuse to install the game (the disc will be few TB big, so it won't fit any HDD).

remax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am attempting to use emunand with an old cIOS (for N64 VC games)

I have followed the rules :

- you need to set the NAND path on the root
- you need to set the NAND path on the first partition of the device
- You need to format the partition to FAT32 with 32k/cluster
- You need a device with 512 bytes per sector

I have rev 19 (38) on IOS 249, and d2x v10 on 250.
As i have installed all this recently, i'm going to have to do another dump of my nand so i would like not to have to do it again if i need rev 17

That's why i need some help. I would like to install rev 17 in another slot (like 240) and only found wad for 249/250. As i don't want to do something bad, i would like someone to tell me how to install rev 17 on another slot (I can't find any other wad on BootMii).

Thanks in advance

EDIT : Like always... 5 minutes after this post, i found a wad for slot 243...

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am attempting to use emunand with an old cIOS (for N64 VC games)

I have followed the rules :

- you need to set the NAND path on the root
- you need to set the NAND path on the first partition of the device
- You need to format the partition to FAT32 with 32k/cluster
- You need a device with 512 bytes per sector

I have rev 19 (38) on IOS 249, and d2x v10 on 250.
As i have installed all this recently, i'm going to have to do another dump of my nand so i would like not to have to do it again if i need rev 17

That's why i need some help. I would like to install rev 17 in another slot (like 240) and only found wad for 249/250. As i don't want to do something bad, i would like someone to tell me how to install rev 17 on another slot (I can't find any other wad on BootMii).

Thanks in advance

EDIT : Like always... 5 minutes after this post, i found a wad for slot 243...

or you can use the cios installer that was developed before modmii was the big thing and not worry about wads :O

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you can use Modmii (but not all cIOS are available) to download and create the cIOS to set the slot you want.

Or after using rev19 cIOS Installer (which replaces both slot 249 and 250 with the same version, don't forget to reinstall d2x after that), you can use BlueDump/Yet Another BlueDump Mod to extract your IOS to Wad.
Then you can use ShowMiiWad to edit the destination slot number of the wad to anything you like. You are not limited to 243.

remax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damned... for some reason, USB Loader keeps telling me that i need a d2x cIOS...

Nand is on the root of the first partition of my disk, Fat 32, 32k clusters.

I have 243 -> rev17[38]
249 -> rev19[38]
250 -> d2x-v10-beta52 [57]

Nand freshly dumped after the install

Mario Tennis installed after that, then singlely configured to be launched by 249 (and i even tried to force the root path for the nand)

I launched GX with either 249 or 250.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What the size of your HDD? is it a recent one?
maybe the HDD is using 4k/sector which is not working with old cIOS.

I may rework that message for users who want to use old cIOS and explain what the issue is with their current setting.

Try to launch a gamecube game with DIOS MIOS, it will do the same test and tell you if there's an issue with 512/4k size.

Reactions: remax and Magnus87

remax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nah, it's a 350 Go from 2007. I did size/number of cluster from the info written on it and it gave me 512k.

I'm pretty confident that's it's not the problem...

Having an error report would be great, that's right. Or perhaps the hidden ability to turn it just to a warning.

What is the last version where the warning wasn't there ? (to test if it works).

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
remax, cluster size and sector size are 2 different things, in case you didn't know (I assume you do). Just do what Cyan suggested with DIOS MIOS. From what he said, I assume that older d2x cIOS also have issues with some 512kb/sector drives, not just 4kb/sector ones.

remax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
remax, cluster size and sector size are 2 different things, in case you didn't know (I assume you do). Just do what Cyan suggested with DIOS MIOS. From what he said, I assume that older d2x cIOS also have issues with some 512kb/sector drives, not just 4kb/sector ones.

Yeah, of course, i meant sector, i don't think there is any such thing as physical clusters (i might be wrong). So, according to the label on my hd, size/numer of sectors = 512k.

And i don't believe there is a slight risk that a HDD from 2007 (according to the label) has 4k sectors.

Anyway, if it'll help not to focus on this problem, which is not the good one according to me, i'll do the DIOS MIOS test. But it won't be easy as i don't have any gamecube game neither DIOS MIOS and my DSL connexion is awaiting construction at my new home.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can make a quick version with warning for you.

Edit:
Ok, this is a dirty mod, but it works (I tested it with my drive).
It doesn't report if you have MBR/EBR/GPT, but the current compatibility test is not checking it either. rev17/19 supports MBR and EBR. (not GPT)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rpfugaaowa1a92y/boot.dol

Please tell me where it stops when you enable emuNAND, the last message you have etc.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like you have beta52.
verify you really have beta53 in the slot you are using. with beta53 you can mount both drives at the same time (port: both, partition: all), with IOS58 only the highest one (port1).
If you still have issue it's better to discuss in GX thread to prevent offtopic here.
I'm moving this topic of discussion here.

I have d2x v10 beta 53 vWii installed. Base 56 is installed in IOS 249, base 57 in IOS 250, and base 58 in IOS 251. I'm using USB Loader GX r1233 and can verify that I'm using these d2x versions by changing the Loader IOS to 249, 250, and 251 and viewing the credits. It does say I have beta 53. When plugged into Port 0, having Loader IOS and Game IOS set to 249 worked, but it does not if I plug it into Port 1. Changing Hard Drive Settings, Port to 1 or Both does not work. I haven't tried changing IOS to 250/251 and changing the port numbers yet, don't see why it would be any different.

Let me know if there's something I'm missing, or if I should try reinstalling d2x or something. Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's very strange :(

Other users are using port1 without issue.
Or maybe they didn't reported it? or I forgot?

Let me know if 250 is working. if it does, try reinstalling 249.
Sometime cIOS are not correctly installed (I got a Wiimote synch issue fixed by reinstalling cIOS).

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm moving this topic of discussion here.

I have d2x v10 beta 53 vWii installed. Base 56 is installed in IOS 249, base 57 in IOS 250, and base 58 in IOS 251. I'm using USB Loader GX r1233 and can verify that I'm using these d2x versions by changing the Loader IOS to 249, 250, and 251 and viewing the credits. It does say I have beta 53. When plugged into Port 0, having Loader IOS and Game IOS set to 249 worked, but it does not if I plug it into Port 1. Changing Hard Drive Settings, Port to 1 or Both does not work. I haven't tried changing IOS to 250/251 and changing the port numbers yet, don't see why it would be any different.

Let me know if there's something I'm missing, or if I should try reinstalling d2x or something. Thanks!

shoemaker,

What is it that you are having problems with? I take it if you load Nintendont app directly while having your drive plugged into PORT 1 that the games list and run correctly. Is it USB Loader GX that won't work at all? I am using CGF Loader and it will also not find the drive on PORT 1 whatsoever. I will try using USB Loader GX and see if I can get it working and update if any success.

UPDATE: Just tried to test this for you but am finding YET AGAIN that my vWii is now crashing the minute I enter the main menu screen when last night, it was working perfect with drives plugged into both ports. Sigh...

Really wish I could figure out what is going on here.

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, finally found out what is causing vWii (Wii Mode) to crash at my end. Been driving me insane for ages but it seems that while on the black warning screen where you have to press 'A' to go onto the Wii main menu, if I push it before I hear my vWii drive click in Port 1 whilst on this screen, the Wii U will shut down each and every time. It must be mounting the drive or something when I hear this click. If I wait until I hear this click and then press 'A', the menu loads up and the console stays on every single time. Really strange but so glad I have finally figured this out!

Cyan/shoemaker,

I have tested USB Loader GX and I am having exactly the same problem here. I definitely have Beta-alt53 on IOS 249, 250 & 251 and am also having the exact same problem whereas PORT 1 (even when selected in the GX menu) will not mount the drive during start up. Like CFG Loader, both loaders must automatically be looking to mount the drive in PORT 0 (which is now where I have my Wii U drive plugged into) and will not mount the drive in PORT 1 whatsoever.

So just an update to let you know that I am having exactly the same issue. So close to finally having this all in place... :unsure:

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, nothing works on my end. Strangely, using Loader IOS as 249 or 250 prompts the "HDD not found"+ 20 second countdown, but 251 does not. Either way, all three do not initialize the USB. The only way I can get the GUI to display the games is by setting Loader IOS to 58, but then nothing I've tried works for actually launching any game.

Has anyone got GX to work with a hard drive connected to port 1? And if so, what settings did you use?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX doesn't try to mount Port0 if you edit meta.xml argument section and edit it to usbport=1
The meta.xml edition is done automatically by the loader when you change the hdd settings.

Maybe cIOS d2x v10-alt doesn't work on vWii ?
I assumed v10-alt with port1 worked fine on Wii and vWii.

if you disconnect your Wii HDD from port0, does port1 work ?
Maybe d2x is having issue switching from port0 to port1 if it can't mount hdd on port0?

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
USBLoaderGX doesn't try to mount Port0 if you edit meta.xml argument section and edit it to usbport=1
The meta.xml edition is done automatically by the loader when you change the hdd settings.

Maybe cIOS d2x v10-alt doesn't work on vWii ?
I assumed v10-alt with port1 worked fine on Wii and vWii.

if you disconnect your Wii HDD from port0, does port1 work ?
Maybe d2x is having issue switching from port0 to port1 if it can't mount hdd on port0?

Hi Cyan,

I have had a good play about with this again now. I have beta-alt53 installed as cIOS 249 (Base 56), cIOS 250 (Base 57) and cIOS 251 (Base 58). If I run on cIOS 249 or 250, the drive will not mount, no matter if the Wii U drive in PORT 0 is connected or not, either during having the machine on or from a cold start.

If I switch to cIOS 251 (Base 58) the loader will always load up correctly as if it has found the drive without giving me the 'not found: 20 second countdown' message while the loader is trying to start.

All of these issues happen no matter if I select PORT 1 only, or both PORTS. On BOTH Ports selected I have sometimes found that after obviously detecting PORT 0 first (Wii U drive) it then tries to mount PORT1. This will either hang and the loader will not load up and the console crashes OR it sometimes gets through to the loader but it is as if the drive is not there. When you select 'Wii Games' the drive says it has not initialized and returns to the channels menu in the loader again.

Feel so close to having this resolved and just cannot seem to get this working! :unsure:

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my situation is exactly the same as you have described. Port 1 cannot be read, regardless of if anything is plugged in port 0 or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night