• Replies 29,336
  • Likes 47

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If a user has a wiinner tag or darkumbra tag enabled, it updates the tag but does it without notifying the user, it makes it seem like USB loader gx is taking a long time to load the game but in reality it's actually updating the tag then loading the game

craiganater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, i just jumped over from wiiflow to GX and GX is great, looks much better and runs the games perfectly though I have one or two issues if anyone would be able to help me please.

When trying to download covers and art, it says it cannot create the folder for them and does not download anything, can I just make the folders on the sd card to fix this?
Also, is there a way to get nintendont to work with GX to emulate the GC memory cards?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Acidflare : Ahh, I see !
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can do something about it. It could be annoying to see a popup before launching the game. How long is it? more than one second?

craiganater:
verify your SD card is not write protected.
Verify your cover path in the settings>User paths (check that it's not pointing to an USB partition you don't have).
You can try to create the folder manually, but it should create it automatically, so I don't think it's the issue.

It can create files correctly? (for example saving the settings to SD), or saving the "save missing covers to xml" option after updating the covers.

For nintendont memory card :
Go to settings > Loader settings > Gamecube section at the bottom > Nintendont > Memory card emulation : Enable.
It will be enabled by default for all games. if you want a particular game to not use it (for example an incompatible game), you can change the setting for this game only :
Select the game > Preferences > Game settings > here are all the individual game settings. You can set specific settings or let the game use the global settings.

falconcrest:
When you enabled these codes in the loader's Ocarina menu and select "generate gct", you have an error?
or the gct is correctly generated to your sd:/codes/ path?
Don't forget to also enable Ocarina in the game settings.

craiganater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
verify your SD card is not write protected.
Verify your cover path in the settings>User paths (check that it's not pointing to an USB partition you don't have).
You can try to create the folder manually, but it should create it automatically, so I don't think it's the issue.

got it, thanks. I just hadn't set the paths for it yet, so I set them to save onto my hard drive anyway.

Does GX emulate Gamecube memory cards? or is there a way I can quickly set it to? or do I have to use a real memory card?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GX doesn't emulate anything, it's a front end to launch other loader.
It's the loader you are using to play gamecube which matter.
USBLoaderGX only send user settings to the gamecube launcher you use.

If you use:
Retail Disc + official MIOS : it use Real Memory card
Retail Disc + official MIOS + NMM BC: it redirect Memory card access to SD:/saves/GameID/
DIOS MIOS (Lite) : you can choose in USBLoaderGX whether you want to enable NMM (no more memory) to save to SD/USB, or disable NMM and use the real Memory card.
Devolution : You can choose in USBLoaderGX whether you want to disable memory card emulation (use real memory card? or no memory card at all?), enable Memory card emulation on global basis (all games share the same card), or individual (one card per game).
Nintendont : You can choose in USBLoaderGX whether you want to enable memory card emulation, or no memory card at all (Nintendont can't use Real Memory Card).

All these options are in the loader's settings, and in the individual game settings.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It actually depends on your internet connection and the tag servers themselves. you could give it a 1 1/2 second delay between pressing the game start button and the dialog box showing.

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocarina is enabled,gct is in correct path,but I get some kind of illegible text at top of screen.but no actual error.I don't get it,my gct file for arc rise fantasia works just fine,but fire emblem gct files do not

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ocarina is enabled,gct is in correct path,but I get some kind of illegible text at top of screen.but no actual error.I don't get it,my gct file for arc rise fantasia works just fine,but fire emblem gct files do not
Seems like it tried to download codes from the server but had problems connecting to it..
Did you tried putting that txt file at sd:/txtcodes/ ? ..USB Loader should be able to create a gct out of that file just fine (you should be able to see the cheats listed on the loader, so you can turn some ON and OFF, then click the Create button, if I'm not wrong..)
If you don't have that folder, just create it and put the txt file there.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan I noticed that the download link in your signature for r1229 has a meta file saying its version 3.0 r1230 and a release date of 20140714163746. While the meta file on the google code website has version 3.0 r1229 and release date of 20140714161827 as the latest. Just thought you should know.

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to update Nintendont in 'features settings' results in 'failed to connect to server' followed by 'update failed'.

Any advice?
Great update

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, I didn't remember that meta was auto-updated for the next commit.
so, yeah, it's saying 1230 while it's in fact 1229
and it contains the last time I compiled the sources on my computer

I added the meta for users who update from 3.0 and still have the old one.
It's not a big issue to have the next revision, when I release 1231 it will be outdated :P

Augusta:
Initialize the network (Homebrew browser, click on the network icon, or start downloading a cover, or enable "auto-init network" in the features menu).

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install a Wii game forwarder channel on a Wii U's vWii. I ask because I just patched my wife's Animal Crossing: City Folk game with the wiimmfi patcher so she can play online again and load the game though USB Loader GX. However, it really turns her off that she has to turn on the Wii U, click on Wii, click on Homebrew Channel, click on Aspect Fixer (so it displays widescreen), click on USB Loader GX, then finally click on Animal Crossing: City Folk and be able to play her game. It annoys her needing to do all those extra steps when she could just click on the Disc Channel and play her game from the disc without online. So I had a thought that if somehow I could add an Animal Crossing: City Folk channel to the vWii and have it load her game in just 1 click through USB Loader GX then that would be perfect. I don't even know if this is possible and I also know that adding channels to the vWii is dangerous because of no brick protection but I was still just curious if this could somehow be done and be done safely.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they are now obsolete as no more games are using BCA protection, and games needed wip files are auto-patched by the loader.
but It's still an option for users who want to try patching other games (like tintin, or whatever games with protection still active).
Same with the alt-dol from external media features. You can patch the main.dol and load if from external folder instead of patching the game's ISO, but it's probably not used anymore since d2x supports IOS reload and the loader has all known patches (NSMW, PoP).

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Cyan, in video.cpp:
"vmode->viWidth = Settings.widescreen ? 708 : 640;"

That controls how wide the output image is, right? Then could 640 be changed to something high like 704? It's because in 4:3 mode being on the the lowest value causes black bars, but since there are overscan options in the gui settings I thought it'd be safe to change and keep it at a high number.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. if you want the loader to set the display to 704 pixels width while in 4:3, you would need the game or loader to send 704 pixels per line too, or you will get a scrolling effect.
If you can't compile, I can make one for you to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended