• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it shouldn't matter how you launch it, as long as you pressed the red button on both the Controller + console while you are on the vWii system menu (not on WiiU menu* ! not inside the loader) then it should work.

it will try to sync and automatically shutdown (it means it sync correctly, but vWii doesn't understand how to talk to that controller so it shutdown)
then once in a compatible homebrew you can press any button to init and sync, the homebrew will know how to talk to it.

* in fact, I'm not sure if you need to do it in vWii system menu, that's just how it works when syncing it on a Wii.

Last edited by Cyan,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was brought up months ago but it's not listed in the newest patches and am wondering if the issue with using GameCube bios/Triforce bios in Nintendon't with GX is fixed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the issue, or the request?

what was the issue?
if it's a missing option for IPL/BIOS, it's added in a non released patch :s
I worked on it 15 days ago, (in fact, greywolf did all the patch), but I haven't tested it nor released it yet.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue if this issue has been reported yet but a quick google search suggests it hasn't. When booting GameCube games with Nintendon't redirect WITH the bios set to on will cause the loader to hang on the GameCube logo. Booting through the application itself doesn't have this issue. The games do boot without the bios installed. I don't know if this is an issue with how USB Loader GX is detecting what to load and stops after loading the bios and handing off to Nintendont but that's my guess. My workaround now is to leave Autoboot off in the settings but I'm guessing the easiest fix would be an option to ignore iplusa, iplpal, ipljap, and segaboot files when booting GameCube/Triforce apps. Unless @Cyan thinks this could be fixed entirely.

the issue, or the request?

what was the issue?
if it's a missing option for IPL/BIOS, it's added in a non released patch :s
I worked on it 15 days ago, (in fact, greywolf did all the patch), but I haven't tested it nor released it yet.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that shouldn't be a bug in the loader, it's the way nintendont react to loaders not passing the needed parameters (because nintendont added new settings, and loaders didn't add them)
it's up to nintendont to check if the settings arguments are passed, and if not present determine a default behavior.

I thought it was "fixed" on nintendont side already.
But, like I said, an option is now(will be) added to usbgx to sent that setting properly and nintendont will not have to define a default behavior for missing expected settings.

If you want the beta I compiled, I didn't test it. you could be the guinea pig.
it has new libraries (fat32, exfat?) to be tested, and these 2 new nintendont options added (already tested by greywolf, but that's what you want).
I just can't tell you there will be no issue with all your FAT devices and files.

Last edited by Cyan,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
it shouldn't matter how you launch it, as long as you pressed the red button on both the Controller + console while you are on the vWii system menu (not on WiiU menu* ! not inside the loader) then it should work.

it will try to sync and automatically shutdown (it means it sync correctly, but vWii doesn't understand how to talk to that controller so it shutdown)
then once in a compatible homebrew you can press any button to init and sync, the homebrew will know how to talk to it.

* in fact, I'm not sure if you need to do it in vWii system menu, that's just how it works when syncing it on a Wii.
This is what I'm doing: Boot Wii menu, press sync on the console, then press sync on the controller, controller blinks 4 times and shutdown, enter to ULGX through forwarder, press any button on the controller it blinks once and then shutdown...

It works on nintendont, but not in UGLX menu.

Last edited by cucholix,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you have enough battery power ? I had this issue when the controller was missing battery, and I needed to charge it.
that could be a weird question, sorry if it sounds like I'm looking at you like a kid, that's a real possibility :P

if it's charges, then I don't know the issue.
does it work fine inside nintendont or other compatible homebrew ? reread your message, you said it worked.
Then, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Last edited by Cyan,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that shouldn't be a bug in the loader, it's the way nintendont react to loaders not passing the needed parameters (because nintendont added new settings, and loaders didn't add them)
it's up to nintendont to check if the settings arguments are passed, and if not present determine a default behavior.

I thought it was "fixed" on nintendont side already.
But, like I said, an option is now(will be) added to usbgx to sent that setting properly and nintendont will not have to define a default behavior for missing expected settings.

If you want the beta I compiled, I didn't test it. you could be the guinea pig.
it has new libraries (fat32, exfat?) to be tested, and these 2 new nintendont options added (already tested by greywolf, but that's what you want).
I just can't tell you there will be no issue with all your FAT devices and files.
Send me a message - I'll give it a try. I'll also try booting a GC game with my Nintendon't settings on the stable build as well to see if it is fixed on that end - I assumed it was a loader issue so I haven't been booting GC games from this since then.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
do you have enough battery power ? I had this issue when the controller was missing battery, and I needed to charge it.
that could be a weird question, sorry if it sounds like I'm looking at you like a kid, that's a real possibility :P

if it's charges, then I don't know the issue.
does it work fine inside nintendont or other compatible homebrew ?
WUPC battery never dies xD, it's fully charged can play nintendont just fine with it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have time, you could try an older version of the loader, but I don't remember how many time I changes the sources. maybe it always worked the same way.
I don't know why you have issue, sorry.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to test what I sent to Cyan for the newest devkitPro upgrade/Nintendont settings the boot.dol for it is in this post. It's included in the archive with the patch for SourceForge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This was brought up months ago but it's not listed in the newest patches and am wondering if the issue with using GameCube bios/Triforce bios in Nintendon't with GX is fixed?

The Triforce/GCN BIOS is handled by Nintendont exclusively. If you mean the option to disable it, it hasn't been released officially for GX yet.

@Cyan How is your brioche coming along? :)

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: cucholix

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lisreal tested my build, and it worked fine (both nintendont settings and FAT)

I didn't make a new brioche since the last time, in my blog, that's my only one I made :P
(or maybe I did, but it wasn't worth remembering? lol)
I'll make a millefeuille this week ! hehe

edit:
It was very good, too bad I didn't have a camera to take pictures.
It won't go to my blog :(
it means, I'll have to make it again haha

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lisreal tested my build, and it worked fine (both nintendont settings and FAT)

I didn't make a new brioche since the last time, in my blog, that's my only one I made :P
(or maybe I did, but it wasn't worth remembering? lol)
I'll make a millefeuille this week ! hehe

Those are good but I hate making custard. :P

I think I've gotten the FAT32 fragment-gathering working without requiring a custom filesystem library. I need to do the same with NTFS/ext2 now.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@GreyWolf, @Cyan I found the error when initializing WUPC, it needs cIOS249 in the global config "LoaderIOS = 249", I think it's hardcoded to 249? Because my 251 is exactly the same as my 249 both base 58 (IIRC it was so long ago since I installed cIOS :P)

Also, in "the exit to" setting it doesn't list Nintendo official channels, would it possible add [HCBA] Wii U menu?

Last edited by cucholix,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The libWUPC doesn't rely on a specific cIOS slot (it works with IOS58 too, no cIOS needed while inside the loader)
Do you have a Wii (not wiiu) Classic controller (normal or pro) ? just to check if they work. or any extra accessory (other than nunchuk I guess? or maybe even nunchuck is not working in the loader when using slot251?)

I know that a bad installed cIOS can cause the wiimote to lose sync completely, it even delete the sync info from SYSCONF at cIOS reload. you need to reinstall the cIOS to fix that issue.
Maybe your cIOS 251 has been incorrectly installed, and it affects wiimote accessories ? (though, I don't think they are registered in SYSCONF, only the balance board is, as accessory)

Try to reinstall your cIOS in that slot.

Exit to HBCA as been requested few times, I might add it to exit directly to wiiu.

Last edited by Cyan,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The libWUPC doesn't rely on a specific cIOS slot (it works with IOS58 too, no cIOS needed while inside the loader)
Do you have a Wii (not wiiu) Classic controller (normal or pro) ? just to check if they work. or any extra accessory (other than nunchuk I guess? or maybe even nunchuck is not working in the loader when using slot251?)
Yes, Wii Classic Controller, Nunchuk all they work under slot 251, only Wii U Pro Controller with slot 251 fail, will do a SysCheck when I have time maybe I'm using base 36 (?) in one of them (I can't recall tbh); it doesn't bother me using slot 249 :P, just though it was worth report it.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here are my cIOS
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
vIOS249[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0

I guess v10beta53-alt-vWii is to blame?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum