• Replies 29,336
  • Likes 47

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the problem according to you?

I'm not sure. It feels like it's a partitioning problem or a compatibility issue with your drive but it's hard to troubleshoot something like that over the internet. :)

It's even harder for me to try to find bugs in lower-level code like drive initialization in the loader as I don't have a Gecko card so I have no way to debug while the loader is running.

JeffJason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure. It feels like it's a partitioning problem or a compatibility issue with your drive but it's hard to troubleshoot something like that over the internet. :)

It's even harder for me to try to find bugs in lower-level code like drive initialization in the loader as I don't have a Gecko card so I have no way to debug while the loader is running.
Then maybe i should try to play with dvds instead of usb?

socialbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cannot for the life of me get multiple partitions to work. I've tried FAT32/NTFS, FAT32/FAT32, NTFS/NTFS. They all throw a code dump upon loading USBLGX. This is my hard drive: https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STEA4000400/dp/B017KE8OG0
The only partition format that seems to work is FAT32/WBFS.
I'd prefer not to use WBFS.
Is there any magic way to get USBLGX to read 2 partitions without crashing?

SysCheck:
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano

...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U

System Menu 4.1U (v449)

Priiloader installed

Drive date: 09.07.2006

Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11

Console ID: 45803418

Console Type: Wii

Shop Channel Country: Canada (18)

Boot2 v4

Found 141 titles.

Found 55 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS10 (rev 768): Stub

IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches

IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access

IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches

IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches

IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches

IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access

IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub

IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub

IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub

IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches

IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0

IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches

IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug

IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, Beer Ticket

IOS245[37] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS246[38] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access

IOS247[53] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS248[55] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii

BC v6

MIOS v10

Report generated on 03/21/2017.

Last edited by socialbacon,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot for the life of me get multiple partitions to work. I've tried FAT32/NTFS, FAT32/FAT32, NTFS/NTFS. They all throw a code dump upon loading USBLGX. This is my hard drive: https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STEA4000400/dp/B017KE8OG0
The only partition format that seems to work is FAT32/WBFS.
I'd prefer not to use WBFS.
Is there any magic way to get USBLGX to read 2 partitions without crashing?

Have you tried formatting it with Fat32 GUI Formatter?? It should format the entire drive as one 4TB partion as FAT32 with 32k clusters, Just choose the allocation Unit Size of 32768. I've used it on all of my WD 4TB MyBooks and never had a problem with it working on my Wii (original not vWii). I've put together over a dozen Wii setups like this with almost no issues, just had to clear off a couple hidden partitions a few times. Here are it's links: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm -32bit version: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/download/fat32format.zip -64bit version: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat-x64.Exe

Also, have you checked for any other partitions showing on the drive, ie small, unallocated or hidden or marked with an ASTERIX or ??, merge them into the main partition. I've had problems with Wii's not recognizing some drives because of this and have used Easeus Partition Manger to fix it. Here's the link to the free version: http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

I've actually moved up from the 4TB to 8TB drives (the original looking WD MyBook though, haven't tried the new looking one, waiting for 12TB's to come out before buying any more drives) as one single MBR FAT32 partition, but had to break it from GPT to MBR and go with 64k clusters to get use of the entire 8TB drive as one partition. So far no problem playing GameCube or Wii games.

If this works for you let me know...

socialbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried formatting it with Fat32 GUI Formatter??
Thanks for your reply. I believe you've tried to help me before.
Unfortunately FAT32 GUI Formatter throws an error for me: "This drive is too big for FAT32 - max 2TB supported"
I've always checked with Easus that the only 2 partitions shown are the 2 drive partitions (in my case, F: and G: ), both formatted as FAT32 with 32kb cluster sizes.
I'm still curious as to why this works for you. Perhaps it's something specific to WD drives? Maybe I'll order a WD MyBook and try this out on it.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. I believe you've tried to help me before.
Unfortunately FAT32 GUI Formatter throws an error for me: "This drive is too big for FAT32 - max 2TB supported"
I've always checked with Easus that the only 2 partitions shown are the 2 drive partitions (in my case, F: and G: ), both formatted as FAT32 with 32kb cluster sizes.
I'm still curious as to why this works for you. Perhaps it's something specific to WD drives? Maybe I'll order a WD MyBook and try this out on it.

Yes that's odd. Are you sure it's the same FAT32 GUI Formatter I have linked above. I've never seen that error message come up when using it, so maybe you've used something that sounded like FAT32 GUI Formatter from somewhere else? Maybe download from my link above and try again just to make sure that one is giving you that error.

lego6245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I've tried Loader IOS 58 but then it just straight up doesn't load the USB. Just skips over that step it seems. Loads super quick though :) I'll give that another try, see if I missed something.

EDIT: Just tried using Loader IOS 58 and same issue, hangs on initalizing HDD and then Waiting for HDD with 9 seconds remaining. New this time, it seems to hang on Reinitializingg devices as well.
I want to report back that using a USB stick instead of my HDD works just fine with both Nintendont and USB Loader GX. I would imagine that the aforementioned sleep/wake issue was the root cause. Hopefully that can be fixed soon!

socialbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used it on all of my WD 4TB MyBooks and never had a problem with it working on my Wii
I conveniently have a 4TB WD MyBook, so I transferred all the data I had on it to the Seagate to try out the WD.
It worked! The MyBook is now fully formatted as a single FAT32 partition with 32kb clusters.
I've discovered that the WD will only show up as having a 4k sector size when formatted with WD Quick Format. Otherwise, running a cmd prompt using fsutil fsinfo shows it as having 512.
I'm still curious about the Seagate, however. I'm going to back it up and mess around with it a bit to see if I can also get it formatted with 4k sector sizes. Perhaps it needs to be done, as the WD needs to be, with a Seagate specific formatting program in order for it to be formatted with a 4k sector size.

Reactions: ca032769

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The error message is misleading, the maximum is only 2TB if you are using 512 byte sectors (the sector count is 32 bits which is roughly 4 billion and so the limit is that multiplied by the sector size). The drive may have a 512/4k sector jumper, or it may be configurable some other way. What drive is it?

It would be surprising if someone made a drive that is greater than 2gb and also forced you to use 512 byte sectors.

Last edited by smf,

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@Cyan hi man, are you still working on the loader? Are you planning on "fixing" the new options in Nintendont? (Mainly the "auto" video width setting) that's the one I care for the most.
PS: You never checked the WD drive issue did you?
Still loving the loader though. And you man! For keeping this isht alive

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not active.
I don't know when I will be, sorry.

I said few post back that I consider it on hiatus, and Fledge/Greywolf made some mods of latest official revision.
But I don't think there's a fix for nintendont's auto setting.
In fact, I didn't check their recent changes or commit, I don't know.

I didn't look at the HDD issue, but it's pretty simple to fix : enable IOS58 as loader's IOS in the settings. it's already a user option.
What I will do to fix it is probably force IOS58 inside the loader... and crash some user's loader as 58 is not working for everyone. in 2010-2011 we tried to set IOS58 as default, but we reverted that due to lot of issue report. it's now only optional and the user has to choose the IOS which works best for them from the loader's settings.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm not active.
I don't know when I will be, sorry.

I said few post back that I consider it on hiatus, and Fledge/Greywolf made some mods of latest official revision.
But I don't think there's a fix for nintendont's auto setting.
In fact, I didn't check their recent changes or commit, I don't know.

I didn't look at the HDD issue, but it's pretty simple to fix : enable IOS58 as loader's IOS in the settings. it's already a user option.
What I will do to fix it is probably force IOS58 inside the loader... and crash some user's loader as 58 is not working for everyone. in 2010-2011 we tried to set IOS58 as default, but we reverted that due to lot of issue report. it's now only optional and the user has to choose the IOS which works best for them from the loader's settings.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing all this time. Using ios 58. So I guess you bought the drive for nothing then
Where are @GreyWolf s and fledges mods? Why not include them in the main branch so we could update it like so?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I send my patches for the main branch to Cyan or post them here, but he was unable to work on anything for a while because his computer melted down.

There's a project codenamed "Streamline" in my GitHub repository that's a fork of the loader that includes the newest Nintendont settings and a few other minor changes. It's difficult for me to debug some things like initialization timing with a Gecko.

I can try making a test build with one if the ideas I had and see if it helps. (Always init with 58, reload IOS afterward.) It seems like a lot of people that have drive initialization issues are able to get it to work when starting up with IOS 58 so maybe that will help. IOS 57 (most users' 249) is only USB 1.0 so it could be the reason it's not working properly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, my computer (and lot of other devices) died mid february, I got it back online last week.
today I received an email from Sony, they sent back my PSVR (no idea if they fixed it or sent a new one). Maybe they had working unit in stock and sent my own helmet back. or maybe a fully new complete PSVR. I'll see.

For my graphic card on PC, I also sent it to the manufacturer, they accepted the 2 year warranty on it :)
I don't know what they will do (replace, fix, exchange, give me money, etc.)

So I guess you bought the drive for nothing then
a HDD Is always useful.I'll find a use for it.
I'll still try it to check if there's really nothing I can do to automate the switch to IOS58 if cIOS is not working after a delay.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's USB3.0
it's not initializing if you launch USBGX right after console boot->HBC on SD->USBGX.
it's working fine if you "init" the drive first, for example launching wiiflow or nintendont, or set HBC option to list apps/ on USB then return to SD and launch USBGX.

So, it's maybe an issue with the drive initialization in the cIOS sources.

a solution could be to keep IOS58 from HBC to init the drive, and not reload to cIOS after the drive is already spinning.
that's supposedly the purpose of the "-ios=" argument in the meta.xml, it's the IOS used to init the drive.
users could set 58 in meta.xml and 249 in the loader, I just merged both settings in recent revisions.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm thinking. If it does work on Nintendont then the drive isn't a write-off. I've just got to figure out why GX isn't initializing it properly. I'm wondering if something in IOS56's USB 1.0 module is the problem, not the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...