USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (4,584,279 Views / 21 Likes) 23,640 replies

1. IpsoFact0

Member IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    After dumping my nand with the usbloadergx feature then installing wads with the bulit in wad manager i cannot boot a single wiiware/vc game all of them just go back to loader and do not even attempt to boot. Im on vwii and using build 1262, any help?

Also will usbloadergx ever support the following features:

-Gamecube controller adapter support in vwii?
    -launching wii games from sd cards (only loader that cant do it)

thanks!

Last edited by IpsoFact0, Jan 11, 2017

2. cartman411

Newcomer cartman411 Member

United States
    Sorry but I'm a little slow this morning. I'm trying to figure out what the title is. Is that a file for the wii, emunand or WAD? Or is it something else all together? I feel so lost right now.

3. craftsk8

Newcomer craftsk8 Member

Russia
    Is this beautiful loader still don't have support games on sd?

4. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Nope. It is a USB loader, after all... :P

5. MasterZoen

Newcomer MasterZoen Advanced Member

United States
    No worries, title is just how I refer to software, games, and such. In this instance I meant that the game you were trying to restore with ShowMiiWads was corrupt in some way.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That was the problem I was having, and was caused by an incompatibility in the cIOS and Ustealth.

The Wii U technically has no support for the GameCube controller so it's safe to assume that the vWii doesn't either. The fact that the controllers do nothing until software like Nintendont or DML are loaded up should tell you as much. Neither did the Wii, for that matter, as the controllers only worked when a GameCube game or a Wii title that specifically supported them was launched.

Last edited by MasterZoen, Jan 11, 2017
  6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    - inside the loader? maybe, but last time I added HID USB, someone lost his hdd partition due to memory issues.
    inside the game, never gonna happen.

- Maybe, I don't know if/when I'll do it.

7. IpsoFact0

Member IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yes i mean Gamecube support inside the loader. Anyway i hope you have the time to add these two features USBLoaderGX is definitely my favorite and its a chore loading up CFG or Wiiflow just too boot sd card games.
    I don't even have ustealth installed on my usb yet im just in the testing phase. All Wii/Gamecube games load fine from the loader (i now Gamecube doesnt use cios) so im not sure what the issue is.

8. cartman411

United States
    I tried multiple differend WADs and they all gave me the same error on Showmiiwads when packing them after I install them to emunad. File not found /nand/stored1/0000006d.app. So I am thinking my issue is not related to the WAD but I could be wrong.

I noticed in showmiiwads that the games use IOS35 and IOS55. When I look at my emunand in showmiiwads it shows the size of IOS35 and IOS55 to be 0mb. Also when I look at my syscheck file it shows no patch on IOS35 and IOS55. Is this normal or is something wrong with my IOS35 and IOS55?

9. MasterZoen

United States
    Neither GameCube nor Wii backups run via emunand, so that means nothing to me.

If someone can tell me how to get a syscheck file I'll post up the info here.

10. GreyWolf

United States
    EmuNAND (d2x) doesn't use the IOSes in the NAND dump. It uses the d2x cIOS. :P

I think system IOS kernels are stored elsewhere (shared1?) so ShowMiiWads calculates their size wrong. The .app file in my IOS35 slot only contains a version number and what looks like a username/domain name.

11. John_Ice

Member John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Check in my signature...

12. cartman411

United States
    I did mean shared1. I hate auto correct.

Do you know if d2x cIOS has to be loaded in certain locations when building emunand through usb loader gx? I am wondering if my emunand is not being built correctly if I am missing a d2x cIOS ssomewhere.

13. GreyWolf

United States
    EmuNAND is part of the cIOS. It just redirects the NAND read/write functions to the HDD. I've usually just dump the real NAND with USB Loader GX but I've used my nand.bin dump and extracted it with ShowMiiWads before and didn't have any issues. There's got to be some issue with your storage drive if the loader can see all of your WW/VC titles but they don't work when launched.

All IOSes are loaded into the Starlet ARM processor in the GPU.

14. cartman411

United States
    The thing that is strange is everything works from the HD except wiiware games. Wii, vc, gc and emulators can us the HD with no issues. Also I can get a couple of wiiware games to work.

I have another hd I'm going to format and try this weekend. Maybe that will help.

Can you point me to a guide om how to make a nand.bin dump for the original wii? Also is there a guide on how to setup neek20 for usb loader gx and the original wii? I used modmii so I'm starting to think it may have used files for the wii u.

Last edited by cartman411, Jan 12, 2017
  15. GreyWolf

United States
    BootMii makes nand.bin dumps but you'll end up with the same thing as you get if you dump it from GX.

Neek2o configuration doesn't have anything to do with loaders. You just have to use the kernel for the storage device you've got the nand filesystem dumped to (SD/USB). The drive MUST be Master Boot Record and the partition MUST be the first one on the drive and FAT32. It may require 32K cluster size, too.

ModMii doesn't download vWii stuff, it's only for original Wii.
    You want:
    S - Sneek menu
    1 - Sneek installation
    1 - r96
    U/S - USB or SD

Just copy the resulting SNEEK folder to the drive and make sure the nand dump is in "/nands/<whatever>" (It doesn't matter what you name the folder but neek2o r96 freaks out if you just have one dump in /nand/).

In USB Loader GX you just go into the settings for a WW/VC title and change the nand emulation to NEEK. As I said, you should only have to do this for about 10 games. The majority of them should work fine using d2x's emuNAND feature and don't require NEEK. If you want to read up on how to use DISKPART in Windows you can use it to figure out if the drive is GPT instead of MBR and if there are any hidden partitions.

16. MasterZoen

United States
    I don't have Sneek, and in fact have no clue what it is, but emunand works fine on my vWii.

My SysCheck:

SysCheck

Last edited by MasterZoen, Jan 12, 2017
  17. retro-y

Newcomer retro-y Newbie

United States
    thanks for the reply, @MasterZoen.

so, do you think that/those server(s)… just doesn't exist or just doesn't dish out?
    it looks like it's going through the paces of actually downloading the files.

18. MasterZoen

United States
    Nah, the files are missing from the server, and the Loader is just running through a list that's been archived. It's sort of like when using WinZip and you tell it to skip existing files, it still parses the file in the archive even though it doesn't extract it.

Nearly all the missing files are the custom, or better said "fan," art covers that are no longer up there. My buddy has EVERY VC and WiiWare title on his Wii, and like my own set, the only titles that don't have covers are Homebrew and Star Parodier.

Last edited by MasterZoen, Jan 12, 2017
    retro-y likes this.
  19. NGamerCole

Newcomer NGamerCole Advanced Member

United States
    Quick question, how do you add games to categories? I'm wanting to separate my Wii games from the Gamecube ones for nice load outs.

Last edited by NGamerCole, Jan 13, 2017
  20. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    top menu, 4th icon, (de)select the console you want to display/hide.