USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (4,693,152 Views / 24 Likes) 24,191 replies

1. John_Ice

Member John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No problems. Emunand via USBLoader with Neek work very great with Wiiware. So I will say its worth it.

2. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Flowerworks, Bonsai Barber, MotoHeroes, Konami Rebirth series, some N64 games and Bejeweled 2 should be about the only VC/WiiWare titles that don't work with d2x's emuNAND. If most titles are not working there is definitely not right with your configuration.

3. John_Ice

Member John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MotoHeroes work with me.

4. cartman411

Newcomer cartman411 Member

United States
    I have only 2 wiiware titles that are working. Any ideas what I have configured wrong for them not to work? Do I need to use a different IOS in the game setting?

5. IpsoFact0

Member IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    should i be able to download covers for my wii games in vwii? i have a tubehax dns setup on wii u side would that conflict?? doesnt seem to be any internet settings in vwii mode

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

why not just launch vc/wiiware from the sd card menu??? whats the point of emunand especially when tons of the games dont work...maybe im missing something

6. cruplezone

Member cruplezone GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    no you're not it's almost useless.

btw any update on the gamecube controller adapter support for vwii?

7. sonictopfan

Member sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Kuwait
    I had an issue downloading covers today, it only downloaded one single cover then it froze and it's no longer downloading anymore, not sure what the problem is but I thought I'd mention it!

8. MasterZoen

Newcomer MasterZoen Advanced Member

United States
    I assume that you meant "Settings > Features > Titles from GameTDB: on?" Yeah, that wouldn't stay on until I turned off "Force titles from disc." I'm not sure how that got turned on in the first place.

Yeah, under "Settings > Loader >" I have both "NAND Saves Emulation: Full" and "NAND Channel Emulation: Full."

Still, while I have proper names now, the VC games won't run and just return back to USB Loader GX.

I also noticed that Nintendont doesn't run with my Wii U HD plugged in. That's more than just a bit disappointing and annoying, as I really don't want to have to plug and unplug a hard drive. Hopefully Fix94 will get that updated soon.

Edit: Is emunand not compatible with Ustealth?

Edit 2: Found this in another guide:

Error using Wiiware through EmuNAND?
    PS: Just so you know - I tried it myself. If you WiiWare wasn't working through emuNAND. Look in USBLoader GX - Settings - Credits, if your using the 'cIOS249-d2x-v10-beta52' it will not work! Go ahead and install IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad using Step 5 in this guide. Then Wiiware works. :)

I've checked my credits. Can anyone confirm that d2x v10-beta52-vWii base56 does not work for emunand?

[​IMG]

Last edited by MasterZoen, Jan 9, 2017
  9. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What? No. d2x beta52 should work with all titles using EmuNAND except the ones I listed a few posts above.

d2x v9 should not be used at all. It was scrapped due to issues with it. v10 is v9 split into the two feature sets they were working on. v10-beta52 has improved NAND redirection and better HDD support and v10-beta53 has support for game loading from both USB ports at the expense of the compatibility.

If you can't get most titles except the ones I listed working on d2x's emuNAND then something is wrong with your HDD partitioning or the drive itself isn't compatible. If neek2o isn't working it's generally the same issue.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Jan 9, 2017
  10. KhaderWelaye

Member KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    EDIT: I wrote my entire post wrong.

Is it normal for v10-beta53-alt-vWii to not work with SD Cards whatsoever? I could not get games to load over SD with this, and ended up having to use v10-beta52-vWii to get anything to load off of an SD Card. This is all fine and dandy, except for Excite Truck, which I can't get to load through SD Card regardless of cIOS, base, or slot (works on USB, but all my Wii U stuff is on a USB HDD)

Last edited by KhaderWelaye, Jan 9, 2017
  11. MasterZoen

United States
    Well, I've not been able to get a single EmuNAND title to work on either SD or USB HD with v10-beta53alt which I originally had installed or v10-beta52.

12. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    how did you create the emuNAND?
    be sure to make your NAND dump from USBLoaderGX, while using d2x (usually slot249) in the settings>loader's IOS.

if you use IOS58 instead of IOS249 to make the NAND dump you can have issues.
    if you use Simple FS dumper, you can have issues too
    extracted nand.bin dump too

be sure you use the same IOS to dump than the one you'll use to play, because different IOS or program are managing non-FAT32 characters differently.
    If you use neek, I guess SimpleFS dumper is better (as it's not relying on any cIOS, and were both created by Crediar)

John_Ice likes this.
  13. lordelan

Member lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Oh good to read that. Luckily I haven't started using my new drive but as only IOS58 wakes up my drive I would have dumped it with it.

So in my special case I would have to take the road through WiiFlow again so my drive is woken up when I enter USBLGX in IOS249. I dump then, turn settings back to IOS58 and can launch USBLGX without WiiFlow again afterwards. :)

14. Cyan

France
    I've read only about 2 games with FAT32 character issues.
    One harry potter, and ... the other I forgot but I've read about it recently.

it's using ":" character in the savegame filename.

if you never played these games on your real NAND before doing the dump, you should be fine dumping with IOS58.
    though, you might have the same issue if you install the game to emuNAND using the internal wad manager.
    well, harry potter is a Wii game, so you don't risk installing it :P
    sorry I forgot about the second game.

15. MasterZoen

United States
    Edit: I solved the problem. I had asked earlier if Ustealth was incompatible with emunand, but didn't get an answer. After getting an emunand title to work on the SD I copied the nand folder to the USB and left it unhidden. I redirected the custom paths for emunand to the USB and ran the same title. It worked. Plugged the USB back into the PC and used Ustealth to hide the drive. Plugged it back into the Wii U and loaded up USB Loader GX, and, sure enough, when I started the emunand title it crashed right back into ULGX.
    THE EMUNAND DRIVE CANNOT BE HIDDEN!

16. cartman411

United States
    Seems like you have the same issue as I do. I posted on the previous page. I can not get the emunand to work with wii games.

Is there any programs or mods that could effect the emunand build in usb loader? I am wondering if something that got installed while soft moding my wiI my be causing my issue.

17. Cyan

France
    ahh, I rarely think about Ustealth, sorry.

There is a cIOS r52mod compatible with UStealth if you want.
    THE EMUNAND DRIVE CAN BE HIDDEN, you just don't know all the existing releases and hacks.

wait a little, and I'll post a link to the mod of d2x.
    *gone searching*

edit:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147
    It was easy to find, it was in the Ustealth first post, Users just have to read.

so, how to use?
    Get your d2x cIOS ready to install on your SD card.
    locate the FAT FS binary in one of the subfolder and replace it with the one provided inside the zip from airline38
    reinstall d2x r52.

It's softmod guide's fault. They either don't know about that mod, or don't think users NEED to use emuNAND.
    lot of users think emuNAND is useless, that users SHOULD use SD menu instead. they don't seem to get its usefulness.

18. cartman411

United States
    What is Ustealth and is there anyway to tell if this is my problem before I try the Ustealth fix supplied above? The only reason I ask is because I have vc games loaded on the emunand and they are working with no issues. Would that still be a Ustealth issue?

19. MasterZoen

United States
    I had never seen the Ustealth thread, so of course didn't know about it. I agree that the guide should be updated, but it was focused on running emulators. Hopefully, with this fix it should be good. Now, we just need FIX94 to modify Nintendont so that you can leave the Wii U HDD plugged in and everyone should be Happy, Happy!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you don't know what Ustealth is then you've likely never used it. It's a PC app that makes any drive, the entire drive including all partitions, hidden. I think some systems call it "Inactive." Anyways, it makes it so that the Wii U doesn't pop up a message about needing to format the drive or how you can only have 1 USB drive plugged in.

Most of the guides I've seen say to create a nand folder on a SD, dump nand, saves, miis, and sysconf to the SD, then copy the nand folder from the SD to the HDD. Then change the path to point at the HDD. That's how I did it, and it works.

You should change your save emulation to full, otherwise your saves won't be on the hard drive. Should you need to replace the console, you'd lose the saves.

Edit: The modded FAT.APP worked great! Thanks for pointing me in that direction, Cyan!

20. cartman411

United States
    I did try that but when I go to play just Dance 2014 it won't load. I get an error saying pick another cIOS. I am using ios224 for just Dance 2014 only. It is the only way I could get that game to work. I'm not sure if this has something to do with my emunand wiiware game issue or not but just Dance is my kids favorite game so I'm am going to leave it on off until I get this emunand issue figured out. Thanks.