• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then USBGX never set it to 0, by default it's set to 40. I guess it misses a value.
but default video should be 640, right? so using 40 is fine, it's just that it enabled the kernel to patch the value to itself, instead of not doing anything.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then USBGX never set it to 0, by default it's set to 40. I guess it misses a value.
but default video should be 640, right? so using 40 is fine, it's just that it enabled the kernel to patch the value to itself, instead of not doing anything.
Yeah, that should effectively be 640.

fergambo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AF1QipPlXn927cpI6OU7_OHnQSKTwbs95FOWaYCFDaQR

But 'auto' is really doing something in nintendont, some games (Def Jam V.) needs 'auto' for displaying video,

I've tested any value (from 640 to 720) in 'video width' and nothing is displayed (TV indicates 'incompatible video') and game only sounds.

So can I get 'VideoScale to 0' from loader config options? If I launch these games from Loader with '40' width, changes 'auto' to 640 in nintendont, and no video is displayed...

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
AF1QipPlXn927cpI6OU7_OHnQSKTwbs95FOWaYCFDaQR

But 'auto' is really doing something in nintendont, some games (Def Jam V.) needs 'auto' for displaying video,

I've tested any value (from 640 to 720) in 'video width' and nothing is displayed (TV indicates 'incompatible video') and game only sounds.

So can I get 'VideoScale to 0' from loader config options? If I launch these games from Loader with '40' width, changes 'auto' to 640 in nintendont, and no video is displayed...

did you verify that Def Jam V. works by running Nintendont from HBC and set 'auto'?

fergambo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I've verified Def Jam runs in nintendont from HBC with default config, that includes the most important, Video and Video With in 'Auto'

The fact is this game requires Video With in 'Auto' in nintendont, I don't know the reason... If I change from 'Auto' to any value (tested with 640, 720 and any between these), only sounds, no dispalys video...

As I can't reproduce this Video With 'Auto' in USBLoderGX, I can't launch from loader

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't know why nintendont will force 640 instead of fall back to "default/Auto" but yes this can be fixed from either side.

0 = "auto" is not very intuitive though...

I still remember in some settings, we have to use -1 for Global because we are bounded by the virtual keypad.
But being intuitive will need to pay a price: either overhaul the keypad with additional buttons and conditions or use the dpad/A buttons to switch between options and de/increment numbers just like nintendont did.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
making a new GUI is also another solution (like a nice gui, with value sliders and ON/OFF or dropdown buttons, etc.)
but ideas are great, doing it is another thing :P

I still haven't touch the plugin code. I'm starting to think I'll keep it like it is, I'll just add a "game window" to make it feel more integrated with the interface.
I wanted to add a "channel animation" for homebrew and plugins, but that will be for later.

PS: I'll be in holidays in 10 days, but I will also have PSVR and tombraider2, I don't know if I'll have a lot of remaining time to code. Sorry. I'll try anyway.

Reactions: fledge68

thalesmms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!
My Samsung M3 Portable 1TB HX-M101TCB/G is listed in the USB Devices Compatibility List, but my USB Loader GX isn't even starting when I plug it.
I heard it might be a cIOS compatibility problem.
Any guesses?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
My Samsung M3 Portable 1TB HX-M101TCB/G is listed in the USB Devices Compatibility List, but my USB Loader GX isn't even starting when I plug it.
I heard it might be a cIOS compatibility problem.
Any guesses?

What cIOS do you have installed in slot 249 and could you give a little more information like what revision you're using and exactly what it does?

thalesmms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry...
It's been a long time since I hacked my WII:
cIOS s2x v8 final base 56 on slot 249.
USB Loader GX r1233

Whenever i plug my drive, USB Loader GX will just start loading and then return to my Wii menu...

Last edited by thalesmms,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry...
It's been a long time since I hacked my WII:
cIOS s2x v8 final base 56 on slot 249.
USB Loader GX r1233

Whenever i plug my drive, USB Loader GX will just start loading and then return to my Wii menu...

Do you get the countdown saying it's waiting for a USB device?

thalesmms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, not at all...
It just says it's loading and then returns to the Wii menu...
The same thing happens whenever I start USB Loader GX without any HDD plugged, but it takes a little longer for the Wii menu to restart...
USB Loader GX is working fine with other HDDs, but my two Samsung M3 Portable 1TB HX-M101TCB/G are not recognized, which is strange since it's listed in the USB Devices Compatibility List

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is wrong besides HDD detection if if you're not even getting to the countdown for looking for a USB device. The loader should still finish booting and only show titles installed on your NAND if it doesn't detect anything.

r1233 is rather old now, can you try current version and see if it makes any difference?

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone point me in the right direction to fork usb loader GX on source forge?

Modded it to work with new Nintendont functions and config version 7, but source forge is driving me nuts.

Could fork it on GitHub, but then there would be no option for anyone to pull the changes back into the main code once everything is tested properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

edit: I think I uploaded all of the changed files to github, if someone else wants to test and patch em in go for it. :)

Change list
Download link

Last edited by self_slaughter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse