• Views 7,122,881
  • Replies 29,336
  • Likes 47

Crapatron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Sometimes when I load USB Loader GX, the games will show up out of alphabetical order. It's probably something minor that I don't know about. Any advise?

Edit : Nevermind. I accidently hit the "sort by" option. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Last edited by Crapatron,

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been using usbloader gx for some time now to play wii iso's but something has happened. i tried to open usb loader gx and when loading it stops at something like waiting for hdd and it waits 20 seconds or restarts until i click b. googling hdd tells me its some sort of external hardrive?? i dont have a new hardrive nothing has changed since the last time i tried to play the game.

when i get into it it just shows different wii chanels rather than my games. i try to click the on select title games and it shows that it has nand channels and gc games checked but wii games are unchecked. i try to click the wii games and press ok but it comes up with the error usb device not initialized switching to channel mode.

Here is my SysCheck
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 07.14.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 98315403
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 101 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 17 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Report generated on 08/29/2016.

im using a 60 gb gorrilladrive jumpdrive

Saltvann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could you provide a bit more information like what cIOSes you have, what type and brand of drive, etc?

I am using the cIOS 249 and I am using a Samsung 64GB EVO Plus Micro SDXC UHS-I U1 Class 10 card.

Please let me know if you need any more info or any advice on what to do.

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TaiAno,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone ! I'm back from my holidays.
I left only one week, and I have a surprise when I'm back ? O_O
(not counting the 30+ notifications to read/answer now)

@fledge68, you did a really good job here !
It looks very nice and well integrated.
I see you have issue with the covers, but we could limit the plugins cover to 2D only (or 3D, whatever the one currently available).

The only thing annoying me in the few I saw in your preview is the location of your plugin icon (4th icon in the top menu).
If you noticed, a lot of users are asking where or how they can switch Wii/gamcube/channel/etc., and as there's no real name for that button we are always telling them to "click the 4th icon".
It would be great if you could just move the plugin to the 5th position, so users finding our (old) posts will still be able to find the correct option :P

That's all, it's easy and shouldn't be annoying to move it as it's not released yet.

I see you decided to make a plugin menu, it's a way to do it.
When I thought about the plugin system myself, I thought about integrating all the found plugins inside the 4th icon's menu.
replacing the simple checkbox prompt with a scrollable checkbox list (like the categories menu).
this way, users could select Wii and/or Gamecube and/or one of the plugin, etc.
they could select multiple plugins at the same time (all sega, or all nintendo, etc.)
But that's just the idea I had.

Currently you can only pick one at a time (and removing standard game's origin).

I have ideas and would like to work on it, but like you see I didn't touch the loader for 6 months.
So I really appreciate other users working on that loader and improving it.
I hope we could work together, even just for some ideas I could provide if you want, and I'll review the code (but I guess it will be fine).

Ahh, just one question : how big is your dol ? did you encounter any issues with the dol size?
I had to remove the theme menu due to a crash because the dol was too big, but I suspect a memory issue more than dol size issue. I just don't know how to fix it myself.
I hoped Dimok would help (or fix it for me :P), but he was busy.
if you could help me identify and fix that issue that would be a very big help for me !

If you didn't encounter it, you can try to re-enable the theme menu to maximize the dol size and see if it crashes or not.

For everyone else :
Sorry, I will re-read and answer everyone's question later :P
I have a lot to catch up after a week away.
(and I don't see any wiiu 6.x haha, I'm still fine in 5.3.2)

Reactions: lordelan

spacehd

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you something. I've looked everywhere on each site to resolve this issue but have not found anything, I'm desperate, I hope someone here can help me.
I have a wii with moddata usbloadergx (v3.0c / IOS249 (Rev 21010) d2x v10 beta53-alt base56), and I would like to start the games from a USB flash drive in the number 1 port.
Now use the USB port number 0 and it works perfectly, but how can I connect my USB stick on the number 1 port? I tried to change settings in the USB port (where it says both, 0, 1) but does not seem to work, also when I choose the port number 1 and restart usbloadergx the setting returns to port 0.
What I ask is if someone can help me to start the games from the number 1 port with a simple USB stick, I've looked everywhere but I can not find and understand nothing.
I thank in advance all those who will help me (sorry for my bad English).

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone ! I'm back from my holidays.
I left only one week, and I have a surprise when I'm back ? O_O
(not counting the 30+ notifications to read/answer now)

@fledge68, you did a really good job here !
It looks very nice and well integrated.
I see you have issue with the covers, but we could limit the plugins cover to 2D only (or 3D, whatever the one currently available).
Yes since that video I added a setting to select 2d or 3d for the plugin covers which defaults to 2d since its easier to make those. I put it in the gui settings.

The only thing annoying me in the few I saw in your preview is the location of your plugin icon (4th icon in the top menu).
If you noticed, a lot of users are asking where or how they can switch Wii/gamcube/channel/etc., and as there's no real name for that button we are always telling them to "click the 4th icon".
It would be great if you could just move the plugin to the 5th position, so users finding our (old) posts will still be able to find the correct option :P

That's all, it's easy and shouldn't be annoying to move it as it's not released yet.
Sure know problem.

I see you decided to make a plugin menu, it's a way to do it.
When I thought about the plugin system myself, I thought about integrating all the found plugins inside the 4th icon's menu.
replacing the simple checkbox prompt with a scrollable checkbox list (like the categories menu).
this way, users could select Wii and/or Gamecube and/or one of the plugin, etc.
they could select multiple plugins at the same time (all sega, or all nintendo, etc.)
But that's just the idea I had.

Currently you can only pick one at a time (and removing standard game's origin).
I'm not familiar with the libwii gui (GX) coding (but more so now) so i took the easy way out for making the plugin select menu. I originally wanted to do a source select or plugin select prompt menu with checkboxes but it was a little trickier to code. That and snes and gameboy covers have different sizes and make it hard to handle when the user selects more than one plugin. Also, when i originally wrote/edited the gamelist maker code I used the struct discHdr from wiiflow which doesn't quite match USLoader GX's so that's another reason why i kept the plugin menu separate from loadermode menu. But since then I rewrote it to use GX's discHdr and make a separate vector list for the paths similar to the way GC lists are made. The biggest problem is Wii, GC, channels all use ID's and most of GX's code uses their ID's to get things, The plugins don't have ID's just titles and Magic#'s.

I have ideas and would like to work on it, but like you see I didn't touch the loader for 6 months.
So I really appreciate other users working on that loader and improving it.
I hope we could work together, even just for some ideas I could provide if you want, and I'll review the code (but I guess it will be fine).
Sure we can work together. I'd be happy to provide you with the boot.dol and patch files. I was planning on releasing it today or tomorrow.

Ahh, just one question : how big is your dol ? did you encounter any issues with the dol size?
I had to remove the theme menu due to a crash because the dol was too big, but I suspect a memory issue more than dol size issue. I just don't know how to fix it myself.
I hoped Dimok would help (or fix it for me :P), but he was busy.
if you could help me identify and fix that issue that would be a very big help for me !

If you didn't encounter it, you can try to re-enable the theme menu to maximize the dol size and see if it crashes or not.
dol size currently is 4.86MB. It was smaller but after the video I added some 'no image' covers for SNES and GB covers and that made it go up, but i did manage to make their file size pretty small. No memory or crashing problems for me. I'm using PPC r27 and the latest libogc if that would have anything to do with it.

I'm glad you replied - was beginning to wonder where you were. I'll PM you the boot.dol and patch file soon.

Reactions: lordelan and Cyan

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here currently have Metroid Other M/Wario Land Shake It working on any version? Tried the rev1256-57 setup AND my current rev1260 setup...both send me straight to the black disc error message.

I know for sure these aren't bad dumps because they work in other loaders...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here currently have Metroid Other M/Wario Land Shake It working on any version? Tried the rev1256-57 setup AND my current rev1260 setup...both send me straight to the black disc error message.

I know for sure these aren't bad dumps because they work in other loaders...
They work fine for me. What cIOS are you using?

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: They're from whatever my ModMii added via it's installer/reinstaller and I also added the d2x v8 final wads package.

Either way I'm running the game under 249 (default) and it's just spooging out on me.

Should I run though this: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

Says in that guide to use the installer to setup the d2xv10 wads...idk how the hell I have v8 running...

SOLVED: Just followed the guide I posted here to install the d2x v10 wads using the official installer and everything works!

Last edited by fallenangemon0,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad you replied - was beginning to wonder where you were.
I wasn't at home this past week.

That's a good news that you don't have any crashed with a 4MB+ dol size :)
there's probably a bug on my side then.

you are right, the loader is based on the game's header ID, and plugins don't have them so your way of doing it is probably the good one.
we can always update the menus later.

I'm currently moving, so I don't have a lot of time but I'll take a look at the patch you send me.
I think it will be best if we release it as 1262 directly, but if you want to release a preview version you can do it (but lot of users will keep your version instead of updating to the official one if they don't have auto-update).
but that's fine, because I'll merge it to the next revision.
I only added GPT+EBR support for nintendont on my current (future) 1262.

Reactions: lordelan

spacehd

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you something. I've looked everywhere on each site to resolve this issue but have not found anything, I'm desperate, I hope someone here can help me.
I have a wii with moddata usbloadergx (v3.0c / IOS249 (Rev 21010) d2x v10 beta53-alt base56), and I would like to start the games from a USB flash drive in the number 1 port.
Now use the USB port number 0 and it works perfectly, but how can I connect my USB stick on the number 1 port? I tried to change settings in the USB port (where it says both, 0, 1) but does not seem to work, also when I choose the port number 1 and restart usbloadergx the setting returns to port 0.
What I ask is if someone can help me to start the games from the number 1 port with a simple USB stick, I've looked everywhere but I can not find and understand nothing.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Wow, I'd totally like that!! Could this work with RetroArch, too?? I mean having e.g. SNES games in USBGX and autobooting the games through RetroArch's Snes9xNext core??
Is that even possible? I mean, using USBGX as a frontend for retroarhc? If it is.. well F*"# YESSSS!!!!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the handfull of people interested here is my USBLoader GX Plugin Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d24ehbcxs25vynf/usbloadergx_r1261_plugin_mod.rar

inside the zip file is the boot.dol, r1261 patch, and images needed for patch. The only one you really need to use is the boot.dol. back up your current usbloader gx boot.dol and replace it with this one.

PLUGINS SETUP:
If you have wiiflow setup with plugins already then all you have to do is start usbloader gx and go to settings>custom paths and scroll down to change the plugins paths to your wiiflow/plugins folder.

If you don't have plugins alreay setup - The default location for plugins is

root:/usbloader_gx/config/plugins WRONG!
correction - apps/usbloader_gx/plugins or root:/config/plugins depending on how you have it setup. if you do not name your apps folder usbloader_gx then config folder and files will be created on the root of the device.

grab the plugins you want from Abz's wiiflow masterpiece pack and either put them in the default directory or root:/wiiflow/plugins and change the path per instructions above.

Note: In usbloader gx the plugins default to SD. If you like to put your roms on USB you will need to add the following line to the plugin ini file.

rompartition = x

where x is 1 thru 8 for the USB partition. x can also be 0 for SD but really isn't needed.

ROMS SETUP:
Open the plugin ini file in a text editor. find the line romdir=. this is where the rom files will go. you can change it if you like. the line filetypes= is a list of the extensions the roms must have.

COVERS SETUP:
Open the plugin ini file in a text editor. find the line coverfolder=. this is the folder where the cover images must go. you must add this folder (for every plugin) to

root:/usbloader_gx/config/images/2D/ for 2D covers or root:/usbloader_gx/config/images/ for 3D covers.WRONG!
correction - apps/usbloader_gx/images/2D or root:/config/images/2D for 2D covers or

apps/usbloader_gx/images/ or root:/config/images/ for 3D covers

After putting your covers in those folders you will need to rename them to match the rom title including the extension and including .png. for example:

rom = Adventure Island II.zip
the cover must = Adventure Island II.zip.png

I use Bulk Rename Utility. Mastershoes has others listed on his covers post.

He has lots of covers but they are mostly full covers. I used Adobe Photoshop to change them to 2D, i created an action that changed the canvas size to just the front and then resized the image and saved it. then used automate>batch to use the action on all the other covers.

OTHER INFO:
plugin mode defaults to using 2D covers. If you wish to switch to 3D go to settings>gui settings and find Plugin covers 3D and change it to ON.

You cannot use banner display for plugins and if you are in banner display you cannot use plugin mode.

while in plugin mode you cannot use favorites, filters, or categories. none of those are implemented for plugins yet (don't get your hopes up)

Also, custom titles for roms are not implemented yet.

I wanted to have a game window pop open when you select a rom but i have not implemented that yet either (the game just boots for now). I would like the game window to look like the spinning disc one but instead of the spinning disc would be the full cover that you can click on and flip or zoom in and out just like you can on the game info window.

Hope that's it. Enjoy!

CREDITS:
thanks to the following -
Fix94 for his wiiflow plugin code and other bits of wiiflow code.
Wiimpathy/giantpune for their snesx9x gx and vbagx mods. i used their gui_gamegrid.cpp for help with snes and gba games.
and of course Dimok, Cyan, and rest of usbloader gx's devs for such a well written app. i used some of it's code as well.
And anyone else i might have missed.

Last edited by fledge68,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is that even possible? I mean, using USBGX as a frontend for retroarhc? If it is.. well F*"# YESSSS!!!!
yes, that's the Plugin system purpose :)
You list games, or video, or any file extension you want, and link them to specific homebrew.
launching the title will launch the homebrew with that title as argument to auto-boot it.
when exiting the homebrew, it will go back to USBLoaderGX if you have the forwarder channel installed.

There are different pluggins compatible with the same file extension. for example SNES roms can be launched with snes9xgx or RetroArch.
You choose the plugin to load (snes9xgx or retroarch) and it will list compatible games.

I know people will probably ask for more (they always do :P), for example "multiple plugins at the same time" or "plugin + Wii" etc.
Currently, it's only "one at a time", and will probably be the best choice if you think about it.
If you display multiple plugins at the same time, you could have multiple time the same game (Snes roms displayed with both retro and 9x) it will be hard to select which homebrew to launch when selecting the game.

I took a look at his version, but I couldn't spend lot of time on it. (I'm busy these coming days)
It's good that he released a preview, you can test and report any issues before I merge it.

When I thought about the plugin system, I wanted to make a "ini editor" directly from the loader, but .. I have lot of ideas and I don't act a lot ahah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't really see the point in updating it tbh