Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
An interesting one is The Last Story. Early in game, EmuNand Save works but half way through the game, it will say the save is corrupted, but If I move the save to real nand and disable EmuNand, the save still works.
I never had any issues with The Last Story (PAL) and partial emuNAND. I did have that very same bug with one of the Kirby games (Epic Yarn, I think), every now and then got the message of save corruption, but restarting the game fixed it.
The Amazing Spiderman (PAL) and Phantom Brave (USA) are other problematic games with partial emuNAND. The former won't save after mission 3, the latter will freeze at some point I don't remember now. Also, the already mentioned Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime 3.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I never had any issues with The Last Story (PAL) and partial emuNAND. I did have that very same bug with one of the Kirby games (Epic Yarn, I think), every now and then got the message of save corruption, but restarting the game fixed it.
The Amazing Spiderman (PAL) and Phantom Brave (USA) are other problematic games with partial emuNAND. The former won't save after mission 3, the latter will freeze at some point I don't remember now. Also, the already mentioned Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime 3.

Mine is NTSC and I am not sure if it have something to do with the slow SD card slot, and restarting doesn't really help either for The Last Story.
It is also not random, I have tried moving back to EmuNand at different points in game and it still wont work except early in game but I forgot where is the cut off point.
The only thing I have not try is to move EmuNand to USB HDD as I want to minimize the risk of HDD corruption by writing to it frequently especially via Wii

melack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, does anyone know if it's possible to run the CTGP Revolution Mario Kart mod, without using the game disc (i.e. using only a usb backup), through gx?

For instance, I can run Project M using the SSB Brawl backup by enabling the Ocarina option in the game settings, but it seems there isn't such option for CTGP. Any ideas?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything that needs to be done to maintain an Uneek2o setup? Should I not use the same dump for both Uneek2o and EmuNAND under USB Loader GX? I have it working fine, but after a while it seems to destabilize and need to be redumped from the NAND to fix. It will get to the point where when I try to boot Uneek2o or anything through it with USB Loader GX, it just freezes on a black screen and the Wii's blue LED flashes.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan Hey, just a heads up, something for nintendont broke between r1255 and r1256/r1257.
I had to revert to r1255 to be able to boot my Triforce games with it, when booting them with 1256 they freeze up.

Any idea what the change could be?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@CheatFreak47: that bug has already been reported, but I really don't understand what's wrong.
The only change in 1256 is the URL from gootlecode to sourceforge for the auto-update menu. That's all.
nothing related to nintendont, or path, or anything else. only the HTTP URLs.

Maybe it's only an issue with that particular build, building again might fix it.
I still haven't test launching nintendont to find what's wrong, sorry. (I spent time on WiiU, trying to test TCPGecko)

I wanted to update and fix the download issue for the next revision, but I might update other things first. (very minor issue, mostly visual, but it's easy to fix so why not ? it will be one less bug in the list)

@melack :
there's a Mariokart mod ISO patcher from Wiimms.
I don't know if that mod is already supported, but it has a lot of existing ones. You should search the thread on this forum, "iso patcher" or something like that.

@TecXero:
I didn't use neek2o enough to know if using cIOS emuNAND with the same dump is an issue.
to me, it shouldn't be an issue, the only problem for neek to not boot is probably if the title info file (uid.sys ?) is corrupted, or one of the file used to load system menu and channel lists.
But launching emuNAND with cIOS shouldn't edit these files, only the savegame is created or modified. the channels are already installed and the title list already generated when installing the wads.

but like I said, I don't use them a lot, and maybe something is done differently when using cIOS mode.
or maybe a particular game is corrupting emuNAND, etc.
sorry, I don't know.

What you could do to prevent this is to use a dual emuNAND setup, with both displayed at the same time.
/nands/neek/
/nands/cios/
in one path, you install ALL the channels
in the other path, you install only the channels you want to use with the other mode.

Exemple : install all channels in cIOS path, and only incompatible channels in neek path.

Select the "all" path as default emuNAND, so USBGX will list all channels at the same time.
Go to every incompatible games, and edit the settings to use the other path individually.
(incompatible game : emuNAND path : nands/sneek/, emuNAND mode sneek)

Now you can launch all channels without worrying, it will use the path it needs and you don't need to switch the main path to see the other dump.

it require more space, as you have to install some channels twice, but it's a possible setup ;)

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone please please explain me how to launch Advance Wars (GBA) directly from the USB Loader GX screen? Can I link emulators like Retroarch with the rom somewhere in the USB Loader GX setting? Or is there an easy to use forwarder channel that supports the command line arguments of Retroarch that works together with USB Loader GX?

Thank you so much for all your work.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to try out Waninkoko's cIOS rev17 and rev19. I keep getting

ERROR: Launching Emulated NAND Channels only works on D2X cIOS! Change Game IOS to a D2X cIOS first.

I'm not sure what's gone wrong where. I have those cIOSs installed in slots 240 and 241, the EmuNAND is stored on the first partition on my USB HDD, which the partition is formatted to FAT32 at 32KB clustering. 512 sector size. The cIOSs are using whatever the default is for rev17b and 57 for rev19. I grabbed them and set them up for those slots using ModMii and I installed them as WADs using MMM.

Last edited by TecXero,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
old cIOS only workwith first partition + emuNAND path on root.
I need to change the message ... (but I thought I did remove or change the condition when this message is displayed)

sanni :
you can create a forwarder and install it to NAND or EmuNAND.
but your forwarder shouldn't expect to be on IOS58 and have access to every hardware, as USBGX is reloading to IOS249 before launching the channel.
if the forwarder reloads to IOS58 after launch then you need to keep AHB access and mem2 prot disabled before reloading IOS.

Pluggins are planned after v3.1 release
I don't know if I'll even reach 3.1, but it's planned on the road map.
until then, forwarders are the only choice.

Reactions: Troopage

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old cIOS only workwith first partition + emuNAND path on root.
I need to change the message ... (but I thought I did remove or change the condition when this message is displayed)
It is the first partition and the EmuNAND path is the default path, just set to "usb1" instead. (usb1:/nand/)

Do you mean the root as in the path just needs to be usb1? I figured it meant root as in the folder containing the EmuNAND can't be in a subfolder.

EDIT: Okay, I made it purely the root of the first partition. Now WiiWare will work with it but not disc based games. They're dumped to the same partition.

Last edited by TecXero,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, you are mixing things?
yeah, when I said "root" it was "root" not subfolder.
so either :
SD:/
or
USB1:/
(no subfolder = root)

So when you say disc based games, you are not talking about cIOS rev17/19 anymore but about neek2o?
but Neek2o works on root too. (it's even the default location for sneek and Uneek, it's not supporting subfolders, neek2o added subfolder support)
I don't remember trying disc based game when emuNAND path is set to root. there are so much things to test...I don't remember what I tested and what I didn't. sorry.
But USBGX doesn't generate diconfig.bin yet, but it should be auto-generated based on the current path.
nandcache.bin (or don't remember the correct name) should contain the path to be used by di too.

Maybe it's because diconfig.bin is not updated correctly? try deleting it.
it will be rebuild when launching neek system menu.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, no, I was hoping Waninkoko's cIOS would support being able to run a WBFS dump from a FAT32 partition, but based on your response, I guess not. I stopped using neek due to it becoming unstable after a while and needing to be redumped. The only problem disc based game I have is Metroid Prime 3, other than that, all my disc based games work perfectly with EmuNAND through the d2x cIOS.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh, I see. sorry I misunderstood.

I think FAT32 for .wbfs files were added in rev18.
but it had some issues or limitation, I don't remember very well. or maybe the loader didn't add support for fat32 before rev20?
you can try with rev19

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, I see. sorry I misunderstood.

I think FAT32 for .wbfs files were added in rev18.
but it had some issues or limitation, I don't remember very well. or maybe the loader didn't add support for fat32 before rev20?
you can try with rev19
Well, considering I still get that error message with rev19 when trying to boot Metroid Prime 3, I'll probably have to try later revisions.

EDIT: I tried rev20 and rev21 with Metroid Prime 3. USB Loader GX still spits out the error saying I need a d2x cIOS for EmuNAND.

EDIT2: Just for the fun it it, I also tried Waninkoko's four cIOSs I have installed at this point with Metroid Prime 3 without EmuNAND. Yeah, they can't run WBFS files from FAT32 at all, they all just returned to the USB Loader GX.

EDIT3: I also tried Herme's cIOS base 57. I get the same error with EmuNAND enabled. I can't think of anything else to test out for disc based games.

Last edited by TecXero,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For emuNAND, yes.
I thought you wanted the IOS version compatible with FAT32 (without emuNAND)

Hermes's EmuNAND is different than Waninkoko/d2x EmuNAND.
EmuNAND is restricted to d2x only! (it could work, but older devs decided that d2x was a requirement and disabled old ones.
I re-enabled old cIOS for emuNAND channel only. I don't know about emuNAND disc.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emuNAND, yes.
I thought you wanted the IOS version compatible with FAT32 (without emuNAND)

Hermes's EmuNAND is different than Waninkoko/d2x EmuNAND.
EmuNAND is restricted to d2x only! (it could work, but older devs decided that d2x was a requirement and disabled old ones.
I re-enabled old cIOS for emuNAND channel only. I don't know about emuNAND disc.
Ah okay. This was mostly just to do some testing, I'm not too worried about it. I just have it saving to the NAND for now. I wasn't entirely sure what would support EmuNAND with disc based games, the documentation for that seems to be rather scattered.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan I been away for over a month and I don't have much time with my new job to check all the comments, which revision is recommended for me to download? I appreciate the help, thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, my signature is the recommended one.
You will have a prompt to update every time you enable network connection (or auto-connect), as it's not the latest version.
Some users have issues with r1256 and nintendont, even though there's no changes related to nintendont.
So, my signature have 1255 instead.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1