• Views 7,160,930
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Smash Brawl PAL, not shrinked, splitted in wbf1-wbfs because my HDD is FAT32. My console freezes as soon as I load a demo (super mario bros. ice climber etc.). Every setting is at default.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Brawl PAL, not shrinked, splitted in wbf1-wbfs because my HDD is FAT32. My console freezes as soon as I load a demo (super mario bros. ice climber etc.). Every setting is at default.

You probably removed the "O" partition. Re-rip it and tell it to only remove the update ("U") partition when converting to wbfs files. WBFS is shrunk by default as it doesn't store the data that isn't allocated in the file table.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's there for a reason : users always reported bugs with wrong version number.
"I have v3.0" yeah, but there are a lot of 3.0 revisions...
and also because users sometime think they updated but it still launch an old version (booting from HBC/Channels/forwarder wrongly installed, etc.). this way, you know if you are really launching the correct revision.
I might remove it for "final release" (v3.1, 4.0 etc.), but it's there for work in progress revisions so I can get proper bug report.

if you dump SSBB from the loader, be sure to set the HDD > dump setting to : remove update partition.
Do not use "keep game partition", and it will dump correctly.
it's on "remove update" by default for few revisions now.

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you on Wii or WiiU ?
on Wii is should always fill all the screen, so I suppose you are on WiiU.

On WiiU, the loader should detect the WiiU settings.
if video setting is widescreen, it should remove the side's black bars automatically.
it's an issue if you launch the Homebrew channel. (as the HBC titleID matches the titleID of Virtual console games, they are all forced to 4:3 ratio)
To fix this :
- Launch the loader using the Forwarder.
or
- Launch "Aspect ratio fixer" homebrew before launching the loader.
or
- in the loader's settings > Features > WiiU Widescreen : click on it to switch the format.
I will probably add an option to always force a ratio if it can't detect your WiiU settings correctly.

But please, be sure you are not on 4:3 on WiiU video preferences, and let me know if forwarder or the option fix your screen ratio.

Which video signal are you using on your (not japan) country ? PAL or NTSC ? (or MPal or something else)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
back to the very basic, did you set your Wii (from the Wii system config) to Widescreen? 480p?
In ULGX, did you play with widescreen factor? X/Y overscan?

Are you sure your ULGX is r1255? Never say latest, it could be outdated within a minute for an actively developing project although your problem is probably not related to this.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
back to the very basic, did you set your Wii (from the Wii system config) to Widescreen? 480p?

Are you sure your ULGX is r1255? Never say latest, it could be outdated within a minute for an actively developing project although your problem is probably not related to this.
well i dont mean latest as in werry latest, but its not from a year or two, its from few days..but i must say something..and for version i must look. idk about usb loader settings il check but my wii is widescreen.

Also when i say loader is not 16:9 i mean loader, not the game, the games are ok..

EDIT: i found widescreen factor but nothing....only main menu of usbloader shrinks and sreches, the pointer is still wide when i hold wiimote normaly and longer when i turn it to side...its just wrong..its not 16:9 it just looks weird..i mean its ok, it functions, but it just looks weird

Last edited by Metoroid0,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont mean latest as in werry latest, but its not from a year or two, its from few days..but i must say something..and for version i must look. idk about usb loader settings il check but my wii is widescreen.

Also when i say loader is not 16:9 i mean loader, not the game, the games are ok..

EDIT: i found widescreen factor but nothing....only main menu of usbloader shrinks and sreches, the pointer is still wide when i hold wiimote normaly and longer when i turn it to side...its just wrong..its not 16:9 it just looks weird..i mean its ok, it functions, but it just looks weird
Oh yeah, that's just how it is. I guess it could be "fixed" but it's just not that big of a deal. There are a few settings you can adjust to make it slightly better if you want. You can also make a theme that compensates for it being widescreen.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...and this is why the revision is now displayed on the startup screen... :P

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ppl don't have supernatural power that can peek into your system and know your setup automatically.
It is vital to provide as much details and as accurate as possible so you can get your answer quick.
Like Cyan had guessed you are on WiiU and waste almost one day to get it corrected.

Your "issue" is not revision specific but for other issues, what takes you less than a minute to boot up and write down the revision number could cause days of confusions and mis-communications.

I guess it would be wise to disable pointer rotation all together as I don't see a need for the pointer to rotate just because Nintendo system menu make it rotate with the Wii-mote. But then, tracing down the rotation codes just to "fix" a minor annoyance probably not worth it.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
ppl don't have supernatural power that can peek into your system and know your setup automatically.
It is vital to provide as much details and as accurate as possible so you can get your answer quick.
Dont talk like that. people also dont have supernatural powers to know you guys need that revision number. for me its first time i hear that, and im not that much noob, but for someone . also is that is necessary u can always ask and it will be given to you.
Am just saying its normal for ordinary humans to dont know its neded that much. just dont expect from everyone to just write that all the time, you just had to ask for it if you want to help someone.. well for me, i never knew its necessary... just saying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah, that's just how it is. I guess it could be "fixed" but it's just not that big of a deal. There are a few settings you can adjust to make it slightly better if you want. You can also make a theme that compensates for it being widescreen.
Its not big deal, it works..it has few bugs, and visual issues, like i stated above, and ofc is not big deal, but i just pointed them out and was wondering ow to fix that or if people who made it can fix it, but again, it doesnt affect functionality, its just ugly..well, not ugly (its a strong word) but it looks not so...not pretty (sorry, im an artist...)

yeah thanks, il try..i mean i did, but its not that big deal if its nothing i can really do...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
please, don't fight here.
everyone is trying to help and get help.

About the cursor streching issue, it's already reported and I don't know how to fix it.
It seems the Overscan is affecting this, and the cursor is not affected by the overscan. (or something like that).
If someone want to help, a "proper" report would be testing if the cursor still have this weird visual effect on a revision prior the overscan feature being added to the loader (before 3.0)
so, try 2.3 and see if cursor is stretched when rotated.
if it is, then it's not overscan related. if it isn't then it's overscan and can probably be fixed. (I still don't know how)

About the "widescreen" setting in the GUI : a lot of menus are named badly.
the real Widescreen is autodetected, it's not part of the user's settings. the real widescreen is used to adapt the background pictures to the aspect ratio set in Wii video settings.
the "GUI widescreen setting" is only affecting menus. In the french translation I changed that to reflect proper behavior.
this mistakes are due to a lot of dev working on the loader before 2.0, and each of them naming things like they feel, not always reflecting correctly what it was used for.

I'm trying to fix names, but editing them will break old Language files.
a lot of translators are not there anymore and users using the language file will suddenly see untranslated names for features which used to be translated.
but I will change all the menu names at a later date anyway.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
please, don't fight here.
everyone is trying to help and get help.

About the cursor streching issue, it's already reported and I don't know how to fix it.
It seems the Overscan is affecting this, and the cursor is not affected by the overscan. (or something like that).
If someone want to help, a "proper" report would be testing if the cursor still have this weird visual effect on a revision prior the overscan feature being added to the loader (before 3.0)
so, try 2.3 and see if cursor is stretched when rotated.
if it is, then it's not overscan related. if it isn't then it's overscan and can probably be fixed. (I still don't know how)

About the "widescreen" setting in the GUI : a lot of menus are named badly.
the real Widescreen is autodetected, it's not part of the user's settings. the real widescreen is used to adapt the background pictures to the aspect ratio set in Wii video settings.
the "GUI widescreen setting" is only affecting menus. In the french translation I changed that to reflect proper behavior.
this mistakes are due to a lot of dev working on the loader before 2.0, and each of them naming things like they feel, not always reflecting correctly what it was used for.

I'm trying to fix names, but editing them will break old Language files.
a lot of translators are not there anymore and users using the language file will suddenly see untranslated names for features which used to be translated.
but I will change all the menu names at a later date anyway.
Sorry. But i wasn't trying to fight, i just dont like when people are like "noob, google it or i cant guess what your saying you noob (in other words)" i just....never mind.
just saying that here are people with all kind of experience, from total noobs to extreme professionals and that is normal... but i find this forum great, and people, regardless...

Anyway...About widescreen... also, when i press home, the home screen is clearly streched and in 4:3 format, even though in main menu (except cursor) everything is ok. also in settings is 4:3...so onlu main menu is ok.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it's hard to understand your issue with aspect ratio.
Sometime it's really suggestive: stretched or not, filling all the screen or black bar, background or menus, etc.
I'm not sure what specific item you are talking about. sorry.

nobody else had aspect ratio issue (except the cursor, but it's a known issue).
so I don't understand what your problem really is and what you would like instead.

The Wii is ALWAYS the same pixel width.
there's no real widescreen. widescreen is faked by skewing and compressing the picture so that when it displays on 16:9 TV it looks proportional.

If it's a bug, try previous version or revision and tell me which revision started that issue.
if it has always been present, it will require better description, sorry.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
@Metoroid0, maybe posting some pictures would be a good idea for us to understand what your problem is.
You can take screenshots of USB Loader GX menu pressing C+Z (Nunchuk). They will be stored in the folder where the boot.dol is.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
@Metoroid0, maybe posting some pictures would be a good idea for us to understand what your problem is.
You can take screenshots of USB Loader GX menu pressing C+Z (Nunchuk). They will be stored in the folder where the boot.dol is.
wow i did not know that..neat!
@Cyan ill try screenshot for better understanding

roo1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) no idea when. sorry. I will have to look at other loader's sources as I don't know how disc loading is working. (nor if other loaders allow iso of decrypted discs)

2) I'm aware of the report, but haven't take a look yet.
like I just said in nintendont thread, I will need better bug report from users with that issue, because not everyone have that issue. Better report means "users with this bug should try different settings and find which one is affecting that bug!"
2. Im having the freeze problem as well. It seems a bit random, Ive tried 5 times with success once.
My setup: ntfs hd on usb0 with wii games (ok) and 32gb pendrive on usb1 with gc games. Usb loader is seeing all of the games.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
@Cyan ,Since you are aware of pointer issue, i didn't included that...

nwii2w.jpg

EDIT: There's this one more issue, but i cant show that now because i need to have 4 games on HDD in order for me to screen shot that.
The thing is, whenever there are 4 games shown, and 5th option from the back, for game sorting selected, i cant scroll games but 1st game is shown in half, it goes off screen... When i install one more il screen shot it...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the screenshots.
But could you provide your GUI settings too? because you are showing results, but not properly reporting why it's like that.

do you use a scale ratio for menus? (I think in english it's still called "widescreen", but it's NOT an option to enable or disable widescreen of the display, it's an option to stretch the menus if the text doesn't fit on the button, etc.)
which ratio value ?
Do you use Overscan X and Y ?

Is your Wii video setting (on system menu, not in the loader) set to widescreen or 4:3 ?

Also note that, like I said, the wii is NOT outputing a real 16:9 ratio pixelwide. it's a faked visual and the ratio used by the loader is not exact. (0.8 instead of 0.75)

For the cover position, I agree that it's not good, but it's its position. all the covers are one above the other.
I'll see if I can put the selected cover on the foreground.

About the HDD free space, maybe it's an issue with the FAT table.
Try the HDD>Synch FAT32 option, it will rewrite the TOC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)