Hacking USB Loader GX won't see all games on HD?

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX can view 4 games on my HD while there's 8, oddly, Wii Flow can see them just fine. Is there any reason for that? They all have the same name "structure" so I doubt that's an issue, they're all on a fat32 partition and on wbfs format while some (Xenoblade chronicles and metroid prime trilogy) I split with Wit.

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had some issues with .iso files and USB loader gx, they weren't showing up but the backups I made as .wbfs files came up fine. Are the formats of the files different? I ended up converting iso to wbfs instead of looking for a fix.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GX is locked with some parental control turned on (age, genre, etc) Make sure the padlock is showing unlocked and check that you havn't turned any genre to off in catagories

Use wiibackupmanager to look at the hard drive - are all the games visible?

aflamingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, that's not the case, nothing is locked. Metroid Prime trilogy, New Super Paper Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles are the ones refusing to show on USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader, they work perfectly on Wii flow, that's what makes It so weird.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some loaders read different naming formats, are the games that do not work named the same way as the ones that do

Mine are all labelled the same

Folder - Wii Play [RHAP01]
Inside the folder - RHAP01.wbfs

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
be sure all your games are using the same path convention , and that it's a path convention compatible with ALL usbloaders.
you said it was the case, so it's strange that only some games are displayed, but you could double check by using WiiBackupManager to fix all your path automatically:

- Launch WiiBackupManager
- Go to Option > Settings > FAT32/NTFS tab
- set this settings :
1. Store files in separate sub-folders
2. Naming Sytle : Title_ (or Title[GameID])
3. enable "Automatically update Storage convention when drive is mounted"

it will use this convention :
/wbfs/Wii Play_[RHAP01]/RHAP01.wbfs

I don't think it's a setting in USBGX because you said it's also happening in CFG Loader. so it's probably a problem on your device/path.

daddoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I realise this is years late but I just had the same issue as the OP and it was driving me mad and as I found the solution to the issue in my case, I thought I'd share it. I'd tried a FAT32 formatted SD card and a WFBS one. I'd tried various versions of the game files and ripping directly off a Wii disc and a couple of games wouldn't show up whislt others were fine. I tried categories, games types, parent controls etc. etc.

It turned out to be the star icon in the top left of the USB Loader, which I assume is favourites. When I clicked it, all the games showed up! That's 2 hours of my life I'm not getting back but hopefully this info may save someone else wasting time.

Reactions: Yan3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the newly installed games should still be displayed for 24h, even if you enabled the favorite mode and they don't have any favorite star set yet.
this is working like that to be easy to set a favorite level to newly added games without having to disable fav and display all games.

Maybe you disabled the "show newly added game for 24h" option ?
it's in the GUI Settings > Mark new games
That option is enabled by default.

Of course, if you already had that game in the loader at one point in the past, it's not marked as "new" anymore even if you dump it again from your disc.

dgold

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I realise this is years late but I just had the same issue as the OP and it was driving me mad and as I found the solution to the issue in my case, I thought I'd share it. I'd tried a FAT32 formatted SD card and a WFBS one. I'd tried various versions of the game files and ripping directly off a Wii disc and a couple of games wouldn't show up whislt others were fine. I tried categories, games types, parent controls etc. etc.

It turned out to be the star icon in the top left of the USB Loader, which I assume is favourites. When I clicked it, all the games showed up! That's 2 hours of my life I'm not getting back but hopefully this info may save someone else wasting time.
I just signed up to this forum to say thank you!
I know it's an old thread, but this message just probably saved me a couple of hours :).

likdatatertot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too just signed up to say thanks! turns out in my frantic panic of pushing things when all my games werent there, i accidently pressed the favorites button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)