Hacking USB Loader GX won't load games

illisa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been messing around with my wii nonstop since yesterday to try to figure out how to get USB Loader GX properly installed and downloaded.
I already downloaded an .iso file of Super Smash Bros Brawl (7.3 GB) and tested it using Dolphin emulator to make sure it was a working .iso, which it was, so I tried installing USB Loader numerous times. I finally found a tutorial on youtube that I followed (which is below)

I did everything as shown in the video (i also downloaded the folder provided by the uploader which included all the necessary files) and USB Loader finally installed and started working properly... or so I thought.
I used wii backup manager to convert the .iso into a two-part .wbfs file and put it onto my 16GB flash drive (which had been formatted to a FAT32). The USB Loader detects the flash drive, however, at the bottom of the screen it says 'Games: 0' and SSBB does not show up.

I tried putting as much info as possible. What am I doing wrong?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
launch the loader
check the 4th icon in the top menu, be sure "Wii games" are enabled

if it's enabled, then go to settings > HDD Settings > Click on the first option (partition / game install), be sure it's using and detecting your USB drive as FAT32.

illisa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats weird... I must have a different version of USB Loader GX because the settings you stated dont match up to what I have...?
In the settings there is no HDD Settings and in top menu the fourth option only changes the layout.
Still says games:0.
:/
Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update the loader.

There are two different version of the loader : installed on Wii, installed on SD/USB.

The version installed on Wii is not updated anymore (last version is 3.0 revision 1180)
The version installed on SD/USB us updated up to revision 1231

To check the version you currently have : Settings > Credit > look at the top.
if it's saying "v3.0c" with the "C" letter, you have the version installed on Wii. You can't update to the latest version from the loader, you will have to update manually.
if it's saying "v2.3" with or without the "C" letter, it's using an old update server and you can't update from the loader too.

in both case, the best method to update is:

1. Never follow youtube guide! (outdated and incorrect).
2. if you have the "c" version, delete the USBLoaderGX channel installed on your Wii, and install the "Forwarder channel".
3. look in my signature, or go here https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX
4. Download the last version of the loader (currently 1231)
5. extract the three files located in the IOS249 folder in the downloaded package, and place the files in "SD or USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/"

If you want always the latest revision, update manually.
If you can wait, I update the update server from time to time, and you can update from the internal menu.

larkinj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats weird... I must have a different version of USB Loader GX because the settings you stated dont match up to what I have...?
In the settings there is no HDD Settings and in top menu the fourth option only changes the layout.
Still says games:0.
:/
Cyan

I have had the same problem, did you figure out what to do to get it to work? My USB Loader says 0games when i have a .gcm on the usb

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you use a version of the loader compatible with Gamecube?
did you place it in the correct folder? (/games/Game name [GameID]/ )
did you rename it to the correct filename? (do you know how it should be named? .gcm can be recognized by the loader but it's not the correct name to use)
did you select the Gamecube source in the loader? (4th icon)
did you select the gamecube mode in the loader? (mios/devolution/nintendont)

masonmbourgeois

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also having similar problem. Game shows up on usb loader but when selected, a black screen appears for a moment then usb loader restarts

Flaco916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan all of my games were working on my USB loader than one day the Wii did an update and now when I load the games from the USB loader it just goes right back to my homebrew channel. I have the d2x cios installed and the game have all been working for over a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Cyan all of my games were working on my USB loader than one day the Wii did an update and now when I load the games from the USB loader it just goes right back to my homebrew channel. I have the d2x cios installed and the game have all been working for over a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hello.:)

I do not think,you have the cIOS still installed after the Update,because that is what the Update has done - deleted it.
The Wii can not really done the Update "without the Users help".:D

You can do a sysCheck if you like,to see that cIOS249 is pretty sure "empty".
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

In the best Case you only have to re-install a cIOS in Slot 249 and all is good.:)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Dotternetta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I boot my Wii the Usb Loader GX channel sees my hdd and my games, but when I start 1 game I get a black screen. After a reboot it is not initialising the hdd, have to unplug it. Will a Forwarder solve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1