Hacking USB Loader GX wants to copy games to SD for DIOS MIOS

Falkoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. For some reason USB Loader GX thinks it has to copy Gamecube games to the SD from the HDD before it can play them, even though I have DIOS MIOS installed and CFG USB Loader uses it just fine. Also, how do I tell a game to use Devolution, like I can in CFG USB Loader?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. For some reason USB Loader GX thinks it has to copy Gamecube games to the SD from the HDD before it can play them, even though I have DIOS MIOS installed and CFG USB Loader uses it just fine. Also, how do I tell a game to use Devolution, like I can in CFG USB Loader?

Are you loading the channel from a forwarder, or in the HBC menu itself? If it's from the forwarder, don't use it, launch if via HBC.

Falkoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which app? All of them are being loaded from a forwarder currently(USB Loader GX and CFG USBLoader), is there a better method of launching them? Can you specify what using a forwarder causes problems with? I think I've tried loading USB Loader GX through HBC and had the same result.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it has nothing to do with forwarders.

You need to use the latest beta of USBLoaderGX, not v3.0

If you are using the forwarder : update the dol on your SD or USB.
if you are using the full Channel : Use HBC or install the forwarder, to launch the updated dol from SD or USB.

To tell the loader to use devolution:
Either set the global setting (it will use it as default for all your GC games), or in the individual settings.
Loader > GameCube Mode : Devolution <-> MIOS

Falkoner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll go ahead and do that, I appreciate it. Consider this resolved, I'll post if it doesn't work though.

zelda_lover

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried out what he mentioned and it turns out that there seems to be an issue with the forwarder channel because I was having the same issue and went thru homebrew to load and didn't have a problem

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out what he mentioned and it turns out that there seems to be an issue with the forwarder channel because I was having the same issue and went thru homebrew to load and didn't have a problem

Well, it's from three years ago. The forwarder channels work fine. This issue was because the poster was using an old version of the loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure you installed the forwarder and not the full channel ?

If you launch the channel but it's not the forwarder then it will launch v3.0c, which is revision 1180.
If you launch the channel and it's really the forwarder, then it will launch the boot.dol located on your SD card like if you launched it from HBC.

To me, it looks like you installed the wrong WAD file.
Don't use the full channel, it's old and not updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1