Hacking USB Loader GX (Greywolf) Issues With Autoboot

HotrodHooptie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello one and all, long time lurker first time poster! Recently, I softmodded my Wii to play backups from a 1TB external HDD and everything is running close to perfect. My issues lie with Priiloader, USB Loader GX (Greywolf) and Nintendont. All are updated, all are working... just not together (or maybe the lay I would like?) My issue is when ULGX is initially started using Priiloader's autoboot, it loses the Nintendont settings under Loader Settings in the ULGX menu.

Doing some troubleshooting, I've found that exiting to the Wii menu and launching ULGX from a forwarder channel (untested with HBC, but irrelevant) will force ULGX to load the configuration or version with the Nintendont/Dios/Revoltion settings in Loader Settings. Unfortunately, it won't save my settings and once I power the Wii down I must repeat this to play GC backups with Nintendont. It sort of defeats the point of autobooting if I have to exit ULGX and reload it to play GC backups... Any insight into this would be nice. Thanks again!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with Priiloader. It doesn't pass the AHB_PROT "disabled" flag to installed titles when it launches them. My fork is now using IOS 58 by default so it needs that. The main branch uses a cIOS as the default and they have AHB_PROT disabled by default.

I'm making a boot app that just launches the "UNEO" forwarder channel that should fix this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

HotrodHooptie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a problem with Priiloader. It doesn't pass the AHB_PROT "disabled" flag to installed titles when it launches them. My fork is now using IOS 58 by default so it needs that. The main branch uses a cIOS as the default and they have AHB_PROT disabled by default.

I'm making a boot app that just launches the "UNEO" forwarder channel that should fix this.

Awesome, I'm glad both you are aware of the issue and have an idea for a fix. Is this something I could fix myself? Or is it something I need to patiently wait on? Great work by the way, I really enjoy your tweaks.

I thought Priiloader 0.8beta added compatibility with AHBPROT.
I think if you still have 0.7, you can enable the update of beta version in priiloader settings to check and update to 0.8beta.
or just update it manually, it's now provided directly beta 0.81 version on wiibrew.

the best launch method is still to use the forwarder and UNEO solution.

Interesting, I'll check what version I have installed and I'll try 0.81 beta. To be totally honest, I only installed homebrew about a week ago so it should be updated... maybe I installed last stable version or something. Definitiely worth checking, thanks a bunch! Kinda cool getting advice from the legendary Cyan. :P

EDIT: Double checked and I was already updated to version 0.81, shucks I was hoping for an easy solution.

Last edited by HotrodHooptie,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
legendary? haha, I'm nothing special.
it's just information I gather by reading other user's post.

I'm not sure the issue is the same with his version and the official USBLoaderGX version, but users usually fix their priiloader problem by installing the "forwarder.dol" instead of the loader's "boot.dol" into priiloader.
I never understood how it could fix their problem, but it seems to work (magically?).

you can try the same, it's worth a try, even if what greywolf is saying is the proper way to do it.

1. be sure you have the forwarder installed on system menu (UNEO channel)
2. get the "all in one" package from USBLoaderGX : https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...r_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip/download
3. find the forwarder's dol located in /wad/dol/ folder, it's a forwarder to apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
this is the dol you need to "install" inside priiloader.

I don't understand how it can disable ahbprot by itself. Usually, you would need to launch UNEO to get the proper privileges, and that's what greywolf suggested (will you make a UNEO booter? I'll gladly take it too if you make one!)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AHB_PROT transfer just doesn't work, even with 0.8.1. It's not noticeable with the main ULGX branch because it force-loads a cIOS. If you set it to use IOS 58 it won't work right because AHB_PROT is on. :/

HotrodHooptie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: IT MAGICALLY WORKED! The forwarder.dol actually made Greywolf's mod launch flawlessly! Thanks guys for all the help! I noticed that there was another graphic for a split second before ULGX splash screen, I'm not sure what it is but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by HotrodHooptie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/