USB Loader GX Gamecube Problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by NOPE_D3RPY, Jan 2, 2013.

1. NOPE_D3RPY
    OP

NOPE_D3RPY Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2013
    Canada
    Before I say anything, I have a softmodded Wii in which I used this tutorial to soft mod it. I have a 477MB SD card and a 2GB USB flash drive. I installed Mario Party 5 on my USB and put it in USB1:\\games\Mario Party 5 [GAMEID6]\ and named the iso game.iso. I downloaded DIOS MIOS 2.6 from a mirror (I really hate uploaded.net) and installed using WAD Manager 1.7. USB Loader GX is installed on my SD card.
    Now here's my issue: I start USB Loader GX and Mario Party 5 is there. But when I when I try to play it it tells me to install it on my SD card. The game is 1.38GB large and obviously cannot install it on my SD card. Is there a way to make it so I don't have to put the ISO on my SD card?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Be sure that you installed DIOS MIOS and not DIOS MIOS Lite (check the detected version in USBLoaderGX > Settings > Credit)
    Update the USBLoaderGX to use a beta version instead of the v3.0
    You need to update the file manually.

1. download this file http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7kjj0fcr6kcq2p0
    2. extract the boot.dol located in the folder IOS249
    3. copy the extracted boot.dol on your SD card (replace the old one)

That's all :D
    Enjoy playing games from USB (if your USB is working with DIOS MIOS, correctly partitionned and formated)

NOPE_D3RPY likes this.
  3. NOPE_D3RPY
    OP

NOPE_D3RPY Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2013
    Canada
    Oh my god the nostalgia. Thank you so much.

4. Hosoi

Hosoi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    I need help installing Dios mios do i use the wad manger to install a DIOS MIOS channel because i dont see a channel

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    a WAD file is not necessarilly a channel, it's a container with files which will be copied to the console.

DIOS MIOS wad file contains a program which replace the official GameCube support on Wii.
    You don't see any channel and that file is not used until you play a GameCube game.

You can Play GameCube games from Original Disc (like before)
    Or using a Loader to tell DIOS MIOS to use an ISO of the game instead of the disc.