Homebrew USB Loader GX forwarder channel for Wii U menu

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I will try it when I get home. I tried one before but it was a bad WAD and would not install.

Kind regards.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post again, but does anyone have any idea of what may be wrong in my case?

I'm trying to install the forwarder on Wii U using WUP Installer GX, but I consistently get the same error: "Install failed. Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patches."

The thing is I'm already using CBHC. Everything else works just fine, but not this app. What could be the problem?

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try wup installer y mod and see if u get the same error.

Same error, unfortunately :/

For the record, everything else is working fine. CBHC boots directly into sysNAND, I can play Wii U games, VC games, load the Homebrew Launcher, etc. So sig patches are in place.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a modified version of SCT works on sysNAND. I actually used it to install all of my games/dlc/updates. I now use wup installer gx though. I doubt SCT will work though. have u tried resetting the console? and, did u do anything in system settings before trying with wup installer gx? there's a bug with both wup installers which cause strange issues to occur if u delete something in system settings then install perhaps the same thing or something else (not sure which). resetting the console fixes it.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, but I still can't make it work. I've come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the file I'm downloading, because every installer that I've tried gets stuck at 75% and fails.

If I try installing it to my USB drive, it goes through, but it doesn't show up alongside the other apps on my Wii U's Home menu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed mine to usb. no issue with it not showing up. have u checked the usb to see if the app is actually on it?

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed mine to usb. no issue with it not showing up. have u checked the usb to see if the app is actually on it?

It does show up in the Data Management section, in the USB drive, but nowhere in the Home Menu :/

I can't move it to NAND either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete it and try again. u may to reformat the drive if nothing works. I can assure u, though, it works. I used it to load dkc returns which I'm playing at this very moment.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using another forwarder I found in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/#post-6985506

But, alas, it doesn't work either! I'm getting the same error in WUP Installer Y Mod: DLC/E-Shop require Sig patches.

Now I'm sure there's something wrong with my setup, since most homebrew content and all non-homebrew content installs just fine. It's only these two forwarders which aren't installing properly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might have to ask @FIX94 since he created the hbl2hbc channel and this one is based off of that. maybe try unplugging the system, then plugging it back in?

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have this and the orginal WiiU 2 HBC forwarder as two sperate channels?

When I installed your USB GX one it overwrote the original forwarder. It would be nice to have usb gx as a channel and the other as homebrew channel on te wii u menu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have this and the orginal WiiU 2 HBC forwarder as two sperate channels?

When I installed your USB GX one it overwrote the original forwarder. It would be nice to have usb gx as a channel and the other as homebrew channel on te wii u menu.

I thought they were separate titles? I think I remember reading that.

edit: "it use it's own app though so doesn't interfere with hbl2hbc.elf" maybe there's a misunderstanding?

Last edited by godreborn,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Reactions: godreborn

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0764.JPG
I tryed it, and I get this error saying its not a game, update, or version title.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try to inject the forwarder dol into a WiiU WiiVC ?
like nintendont forwarder WiiU WiiVC channel? (pff, it's becoming too long to name new features, "WiiU Wii Virtual console channel forwarder")

It might not work, but I'm curious if someone already tried, and if there were a forwarder already available for me, or if I should build one myself.
to update the loader and make it compatible with the gamepad I will need one :P

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually deleted this channel since I assumed nintendont's used the same title id (this one uses the same as hbl2hbc). all is working with both usb loader gx and the nintendont forward - gamepad, saves, games, everything. :D however, this forwarder with the new id doesn't install due to an error. the original installed without issue, but that's been removed from mega.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...