Homebrew USB Loader GX: FAT32 VS NTFS

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the pro and cons?

I've recently got a 3.0 2 TB External Hard Drive. I heard you need to split games on Fat32, and you have to be on fat32 to play gamecube games.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 works with everything. There aren't any pros for an NTFS drive unless the drive isn't only for your Wii. HD movies, for example, might be over 4GB and therefore can't be stored on FAT32.

If you want to use your drive for other things, make a 200GB (or larger, if you want) FAT32 partition as the primary one, then a secondary NTFS partition. The FAT32 one HAS to come first. Put all the homebrew stuff on the FAT32 one.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 works with everything. There aren't any pros for an NTFS drive unless the drive isn't only for your Wii. HD movies, for example, might be over 4GB and therefore can't be stored on FAT32.

If you want to use your drive for other things, make a 200GB (or larger, if you want) FAT32 partition as the primary one, then a secondary NTFS partition. The FAT32 one HAS to come first. Put all the homebrew stuff on the FAT32 one.
Oh. I'm using FAT32 right now. Why does the hard drive still run when my Wii is off? How can I stop that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if your drive is powered from an external source, it will stay powered.
if it's USB powered, set the power off to idle (don't use "standby").
let the console shutdown fully and go to red led, instead of orange led.

edit : :ninja:'d

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended