USB Loader GX detecting HDD, not showing games.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by vegemikee, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

vegemikee New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Ok, so ive checked the compatibility list, and it states that this hdd works when it has been partitioned. been there done that.
    now, USB Loader GX detects the hdd but doesnt show any games. and the list isnt even there, its just a white background. I used WBFS manager 3.0 to format it into WBFS and just used windows' generic device manager to partition it. anyone know what the issue is?
    help is greatly appreciated.

also, USB loader GX is rev894, or something... if that matters at all

DAZA Shaun's Mum

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    i had the same issue the only way around it (a friend found) was to do a complete new firmware 4.2E update (think thats the revision)

but you need to go though a guide on how to do the update a certain way using certain files if you catch my drift (you dont just go and do the firmware update) you could loose your wii channels and wont soft load anything!

just search about for a complete guide on how to softm*d 4.2E and cIOS so its all updated and fresh, then it should work!

also check in USB loader that it picks up your hard drive in the options,
    • Newcomer

samurai3005 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    I have the exact problem too , I formatted using the WBFS Manager and I've put 2 games in it . But when I opened it using the USB Loader GX I saw no game and It said 0.00G free [IMG] . But my HDD has 172G free . any1 helps me plz . Although my FW is 4.2U and I've installed the cIOS rev17 already .

vegemikee New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    it was my uncles wii, and it either had 4.2 preinstalled or they updated themselves prior to me hacking it. all cios and other necessities are installed. so this is the only thing stopping them from backup loading via hdd

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    try going into the global setting and changing the partition from FAT1 to WBFS1 in GX, sometimes on a first load it automatically sets to FAT even if you dot have the drive connected with a FAT partition

r-win New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    vegemikee, you can try a couple things here:
    - check if the partition is active.
    - update USB GX to the latest revision (912 right now, check my signature for a link)
    - change the partition to NTFS or FAT32 (FAT32 format tool here), and copy the games using Wii Backup Manager, or install them through the loader.

By the way, some problems are related to using the partition and format method you used. You could also try recreating the partition, and let USB Loader GX format it. See if that helps
    • Newcomer

samurai3005 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    Hi r_wii , plz help me . I've done all the steps u said above and it's not working . When I checked my WBFS drive ( i'm using the 500GB Seagate HDD ) by WBFS manager and it said i have 2 games in there . And the freespace is 170gb. But when i opened my HDD using ULGx and it said 0.00GB free :| .
    I think that the problem here is cIOS . Maybe i forgot to install one , could you please tell me what cIOS is needed ( with correct rev plz ) , i'll try to google them and install them . [IMG]

r-win New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Hm...I don't think that this problem is related to cIOS, since it can detect your drive, it just thinks it's empty. But it doesn't hurt to follow the complete softmod guide again.
    • Newcomer

samurai3005 New Member

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    I formatted my HDD's partition to WBFS ( now it's clean and has no game ) . So i plugged it in the wii and open the wii loader gx , it said my HDD needs formatting . So i formatted it using the ULGx and then the number 0.00GB Free is gone , i installed the game by clicking the "+" button on the left of ULGx and the game worked . But unluckily , when i plugged it in my computer , the WBFS manager also the windows explorer couldn't find that partition ..

r-win New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Hah, so USB GX created some wicked kind of WBFS partition [IMG]
    Nice to know...what about Wii Backup Manager of Wii Game Manager?
    • Newcomer

Alucard420 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Format the SD card and reload all the apps, I just had it happen to me after a power loss.

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Message Count:
    Germany
    Windows can't read WBFS, instead it will ask you to format it.
    I suggest you forget WBFS and simply use FAT32

Wiimm Developer

Message Count:
    Germany
    it is possible to disable the formatting question:
    * Plug in your drive
    * start the disc manager
    * select the WBFS drive
    * right click to open the context menu
    * select letter+path
    * remove the drive letter.

SPONSORED LINKS