Hacking Usb loader gx, and Wiiflow stopped working all of a sudden

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't pay attention to the random suggestions. If you didn't install anything on your Wii with a WAD manager it's very unlikely your IOSes suddenly went bad. They're not perishable food.

Are you using an actual HDD or a flash drive? Did you tell your PC to fix the drives when you scanned them?

This is specific to USB Loader GX, but do you see it listed as a channel if you go your Wii's system menu settings under Channels? If so you have the old version of it installed and it is no longer supported. I can give you instructions on how to switch to using a forwarder channel instead.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't pay attention to the random suggestions. If you didn't install anything on your Wii with a WAD manager it's very unlikely your IOSes suddenly went bad. They're not perishable food.

Are you using an actual HDD or a flash drive? Did you tell your PC to fix the drives when you scanned them?

This is specific to USB Loader GX, but do you see it listed as a channel if you go your Wii's system menu settings under Channels? If so you have the old version of it installed and it is no longer supported. I can give you instructions on how to switch to using a forwarder channel instead.
I'm using a flash drive, and I just repaired the drives on my computer. It said there was a problem repairing them on the first try, but after a second time it said they were repaired.

And yeah I do see usb loader gx under channels.

Also some extra information if this will help: in configurable usb loader the error says
"Wbfs error: hd num sector doesn't match
ERROR: opening S7AEWR"

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like that game got corrupted. You might have to replace it with a new rip.

Are you using WBFS as a partition type or just WBFS files on FAT32 or NTFS?

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like that game got corrupted. You might have to replace it with a new rip.

Are you using WBFS as a partition type or just WBFS files on FAT32 or NTFS?
Just using WBFS files on a Fat32 flash drive.

I just formated both my usb drive, and my SDHC card installed new games on, and usb loader gx. I still get Exception DSI Occured when running pimp my wii, and homebrew browser, and usb loader just resets to the system menu :(. I heavily think it's something wrong with the wii.. I really wish there was a way I could start from scratch because I don't know what to do anymore ..

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to tell you other than try reinstalling your d2x cIOSes. It's possible the one you're trying to use got corrupted. It could be the flash drive, too.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just using WBFS files on a Fat32 flash drive.

I just formated both my usb drive, and my SDHC card installed new games on, and usb loader gx. I still get Exception DSI Occured when running pimp my wii, and homebrew browser, and usb loader just resets to the system menu :(. I heavily think it's something wrong with the wii.. I really wish there was a way I could start from scratch because I don't know what to do anymore ..
theoretically, you could start from scratch, redoing all the softmod again, using willbrand or bannerbomb.

First of all, check your drives, make sure they are not corrupted or sector damaged. ---> https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-check-and-test-usb-flash-drive/
Secondly, install all the necessary wads that modmii tells you.
Third, use Ultimate Usbloader GX. --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/ remember that the structure is SD:/Apps/FolderName/boot.dol or USB:/Apps/FolderName/boot.dol.

If the game loads but freeze or your get a DSI error, try to go into MODMII and download the RECOMENEND cIOS, [Open modmii, go to page 3 or 4, and write rec, recommended wads ill be marked, then press D, and you will get all you recommended wads to install].

Use MultiModManager, dont use any other other wadmanager that is not this one. as they are outdated and most of them cant even mount the drive.

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically, you could start from scratch, redoing all the softmod again, using willbrand or bannerbomb.

First of all, check your drives, make sure they are not corrupted or sector damaged. ---> https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-check-and-test-usb-flash-drive/
Secondly, install all the necessary wads that modmii tells you.
Third, use Ultimate Usbloader GX. --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/ remember that the structure is SD:/Apps/FolderName/boot.dol or USB:/Apps/FolderName/boot.dol.

If the game loads but freeze or your get a DSI error, try to go into MODMII and download the RECOMENEND cIOS, [Open modmii, go to page 3 or 4, and write rec, recommended wads ill be marked, then press D, and you will get all you recommended wads to install].

Use MultiModManager, dont use any other other wadmanager that is not this one. as they are outdated and most of them cant even mount the drive.
Yeah I use MMM to install the Wad from ModMII, but for some reason it won't install in that one, and MODMII keeps telling me to install it. I'll try recommended cIOS in a few minutes.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use MMM to install the Wad from ModMII, but for some reason it won't install in that one, and MODMII keeps telling me to install it. I'll try recommended cIOS in a few minutes.
Oh, btw, modmii will keep telling you to install always some wads, thats an issue on modmii, normally those are the first onne, but yeah they do install, post your syscheck here, i bet now its updated.

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, btw, modmii will keep telling you to install always some wads, thats an issue on modmii, normally those are the first onne, but yeah they do install, post your syscheck here, i bet now its updated.
Oh ok. I was thinking Multi Mod Manager didn't install it at all because it always says 1 did not complete when I hit install on the wad and has a plus symbol beside it when I return back to the wad folder. It also did that for the wad of the recommended cIOS.

Here's an updated syscheck:

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199 Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Drive date: 2008.12.18
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 131898004
Boot2 v4
Found 108 titles.
Found 52 IOS on this console. 13 of them are stub.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS224[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS247[57] (rev 21006 Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006 Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 2016/11/08.

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Alright for a second I thought I had fixed the Exception DSI Occurred error. Pimp My Wii told me my ios36 was corrupted or something so I used Multi Mod Manager to install and patch ios36. With ios249 MMM didn't work so I switched it to ios236, and ios36 installed perfectly! I went back to pimp my wii to see if the dsi error would still appear, and Pimp My Wii got much further than it ever has. It installed a couple of things, and only near the end I got the error again. So I guess that helped?

Also Pimp My Wii is saying "The IOS used by system menu (80) has trucha bug fixed (error -2011) You cannot play modified games (Trucha Signed) with the disc channel if the Trucha bug is not present.

So I'm guessing that might be my main problem? I'll try to install what I need manually since Pimp My Wii can't.

ANOTHER UPDATE: So patching IOS80 didn't work :(. No more games freeze when clicking them, and only a few in which I believe are corrupt get the dsi error. The majority of the games just restart back to the system menu, or the homebrew channel. It's possible it's 249 that's messed up since I couldn't use it in multi mod manager?
Do you think the dsi error has anything to do with my cIOS222? Because like I said that was never a problem until I tried to reinstall 222.

I feel like I'm getting somewhere since I finally got Pimp My Wii to install all of the things that it needed.

Last edited by FRNDly,

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I THINK I MAY BE GETTING REALLY CLOSE TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM! (sorry for over posting haha)

I was going to go put back to the future on my usb drive, and try to see if anything works, and while I was in wii backup manager I noticed a red "invalid" where twilight princess was (One of the games that restarts back to the system menu). It never showed that before, and for some reason it won't delete the red invalid game, and every time I try to load on any of the other games that restart to the system menu it says it's done within about 10 seconds. So I guess all of them are corrupted. Also the really good news is that Back To The Future worked! So I guess there's nothing wrong with the ios or anything it's probably just the usb drive, the sd drive, and the games.

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIXED!!! For some reason Wii backup manager was messing the games up, and my wbfs manager wouldn't work. I figured out that I was using wbfs manager 32bit instead of 64, so I fixed that loaded one of the messed up games using that, and it works like a charm! I haven't fixed WiiBackUpManager or the dsi error, but I guess it doesn't really matter since atleast I got the games to work.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
so, you are using WBFS partition all along?
To my knowledge, wbfs manager doesn't support fat32 partition and may corrupt games if you remove and add games.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, wbfs manager doesn't support fat32 partition and may corrupt games if you remove and add games.
Wii BackUp Manager is not the same as WBFSManager, they are different programs, so yeah, Wii BackUp Manager does support FAT32.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wii BackUp Manager is not the same as WBFSManager, they are different programs, so yeah, Wii BackUp Manager does support FAT32.

this:
FIXED!!! For some reason Wii backup manager was messing the games up, and my wbfs manager wouldn't work. I figured out that I was using wbfs manager 32bit instead of 64, so I fixed that loaded one of the messed up games using that, and it works like a charm! I haven't fixed WiiBackUpManager or the dsi error, but I guess it doesn't really matter since atleast I got the games to work.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh I see what you're saying! No my WBFS manager wouldn't work because of the computer. I was using a 32bit version on a 64bit computer so it never even loaded, so I reformatted for wiibackupmanager. WiiBackUpManager worked for a little while, and then my problem started. I just recently formatted it back to WBFS since I got WBFS manager to work, but when I was using the other manager I had fat32.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
there are 32 bit and 64 bit versions of wiibackupmanager also and there is no report of any major issue except SSBB.
WBFS partition is hard to maintain since no OS support it directly. It has a limit of 500 games and once you filled up your hdd and have to remove games in order to add new games, you will run into corruption problems with WBFS manager.

FRNDly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 32 bit and 64 bit versions of wiibackupmanager also and there is no report of any major issue except SSBB.
WBFS partition is hard to maintain since no OS support it directly. It has a limit of 500 games and once you filled up your hdd and have to remove games in order to add new games, you will run into corruption problems with WBFS manager.
Well honestly that's what I do anyhow lol. I only have a 16gb drive, and 500 games would be a little bit too much for me anyhow haha. I havee heard wbfs is very problematic, but it's working perfeclty for me now, and like I said I couldn't fix the fat32 problem so this will have to do.

WiiBackUpManager works I have the 64 bit it's just it won't load games on anymore, and somehow after a while they became corrupted. I've never gotten a corrupted game in wbfs manager.

Last edited by FRNDly,
D

Deleted User

IF you can open the app then the problem is not with the app. If you are using a common usb flash or any common usb then the problem may be with the usb. It is because usbs are not read and write so your usb died. If you are using an HDD then the problem may be that it is not receiving enough power

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: