Hacking USB Loader - Gamecube - Mac - Help

Kevinem82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got my Wii ISO's loaded working fine. Next step Gamecube ISO's. I do own all the originals, buttttt I own a Macbook Pro. So, when I formatted the hard drive (MDOS FAT) to load up Wii ISO's, the computer no longer recognizes the HDD so I cannot add folders, Gamecube ISO's. Now I'm not familiar with partitioning a Hard drive, but I split it in half....I think. 2TB's each one named Wii and the other Gamecube FAT. Once I started to add my Wii ISO's I needed to format it as WBFS thru WITGUI. Well then once I did that my gamecube partition disappeared. So thats why why Im here. The Hard drive is a Seagate Backup Plus for the Mac 4TB. Help please!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use WBFS partitions. You can just format the whole drive as FAT32 (make sure it's MBR, not GPT) and copy the Wii ISOs over as WBFS files. They go in /wbfs and GC ones go in /games.

Kevinem82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use WBFS partitions. You can just format the whole drive as FAT32 (make sure it's MBR, not GPT) and copy the Wii ISOs over as WBFS files. They go in /wbfs and GC ones go in /games.
how do I get the wbfs files then, if I'm not formatted to a wbfs partition

Kevinem82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIT can do it. Just make sure to use the option to split them automatically.
I'm confused, with witgui I can only update the WIT. I pick the iso and it automatically dumps it to the HDD, not giving me access to the wbfs file. Is there another program I can use to turn iso's to wbfs files on a mac

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, with witgui I can only update the WIT. I pick the iso and it automatically dumps it to the HDD, not giving me access to the wbfs file. Is there another program I can use to turn iso's to wbfs files on a mac

Check about 1/2 way down the page here. There's a posts titled "Merging and splitting files".

You can also use WIT from the command line. If you want to copy a whole folder of ISOs to a FAT32 drive you can use
Code:
wit copy -r <sourceFolder> -d <destFolder> -B -z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol