Hacking USB loader, doesnt get it to work

Ghork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Iomega Prestige Portable Hard Drive 250 gb which according to the compatibility list should be working (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List#250GB)
I have partitioned it to three partitions, the first is fat32 about 5gb, the second is WBFS about 150 gb and the third is NTFS about 70gb...
I have tried different versions of the usb loader gx, when the hard drive is in the usb port the countdown on screen is reeeally slow an when its not the countdown is normal... when selecting IOS 222 or something like that it freezes...
The usb/sd loader 1.5 first tries to mount drive but then says I need to format and then it says theres no partition
The usb/sd loader 1.1 immediately gives me this: "[+]ERROR: could not initialize usb subsystem (ret = -1)"
and the wadmanager (1.3 or something) gives med these messages: "[+] Initializing libfat, please wait... OK! [+]Retrieving device contens, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)"

I have no idea which IOSes/custom IOSes I currently have since I have installed (in order I think) cIOS rev 14, cIOS rev 13b, cIOS rev 13a, cIOS rev 10, cIOS 222 something and my system menu is v4.0 E

Please help!

C

CasperH

Ghork said:
I have an Iomega Prestige Portable Hard Drive 250 gb which according to the compatibility list should be working (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List#250GB)
I have partitioned it to three partitions, the first is fat32 about 5gb, the second is WBFS about 150 gb and the third is NTFS about 70gb...
I have tried different versions of the usb loader gx, when the hard drive is in the usb port the countdown on screen is reeeally slow an when its not the countdown is normal... when selecting IOS 222 or something like that it freezes...
The usb/sd loader 1.5 first tries to mount drive but then says I need to format and then it says theres no partition
The usb/sd loader 1.1 immediately gives me this: "[+]ERROR: could not initialize usb subsystem (ret = -1)"
and the wadmanager (1.3 or something) gives med these messages: "[+] Initializing libfat, please wait... OK! [+]Retrieving device contens, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)"

I have no idea which IOSes/custom IOSes I currently have since I have installed (in order I think) cIOS rev 14, cIOS rev 13b, cIOS rev 13a, cIOS rev 10, cIOS 222 something and my system menu is v4.0 E

Please help!
I think the WBFS partition should be the first one

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you google WBFS Manager 3.0 and format your partition using that on your PC? If you have multiple partitions on your drive the loader may not format correctly.

Ghork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
Why don't you google WBFS Manager 3.0 and format your partition using that on your PC? If you have multiple partitions on your drive the loader may not format correctly.
Thats what I used to format it as WBFS
ohmy.gif

should I try to not have any partitions at all?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall cIOS rev14. You can get it from my files link in my sig if you don't have it already.

Also, make sure you are testing with both USB ports. It should be in the port closest to the outside edge of the Wii.

Ghork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
Reinstall cIOS rev14. You can get it from my files link in my sig if you don't have it already.

Also, make sure you are testing with both USB ports. It should be in the port closest to the outside edge of the Wii.

just to check so that I havent mad a HUGE mistake, I dont need to downgrade any IOS before installing any of them do I?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghork said:
0ld8oy said:

just to check so that I havent mad a HUGE mistake, I dont need to downgrade any IOS before installing any of them do I?

If you have cIOS 249 installed already then you do not need to downgrade anything. Just use 249 for the install.

Ghork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG now it works! Thank you very very much!
biggrin.gif

maybe I needed to have cIOS rev 14 but I needed to install one of the other ios first
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2