Hardware USB hub + ethernet combo device compatibility?

sora3087

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after I found out that SSB4 is compatible with 2 GC port adapters and the official Nintendo online shop took down the LAN adapter I present this:

http://www.videk.co.uk/section.php/907/1/usb-2-0-hub-with-ethernet-adaptor

and other devices like it.

There are a few on newegg too but I sorta liked the style of this one. Some others are made by Vantec (a brand I've had good compatibility with Wiis before) and Asus (a really good brand).

Has anyone tried a device like this on their Wii U?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why not just some 3rd party wii(u) lan adapter? they cost like 10 bucks and work just as good as the original nintendo one
or do you want those for the extra usb ports, too?

edit: nevermind, properly reading a thread title does help sometimes X.x it's a slow saturday, please pardon me X___x
never tested an usb hub + eternet adapter combo though, so I can't say much about them

sora3087

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I bought the Vantec one and I would like to document its compatibility:

USB Hub function - Works
Ethernet Adapter - Does not work

Heres what happened:
C3ArC7X.png

The Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub and the Generic USB Hub are both the one Vantec box. There are three possibilities that I can think of why the Ethernet adapter isn't working.
1. The the SuperSpeed hub and/or Ethernet adapter are downgrading to a USB 2.0 compatible mode
2. If they are the Ethernet adapter doesn't match a compatible hardware id and the Wii U is blocking it. This one is USB\VID_0B95&PID_1790&REV_0100
3. Finally if the Wii U isn't actively blocking the Ethernet adapter it is simply that the ASIX chip isn't compatible with the Wii U

If anyone has any more input I would be interested in hearing it

Edit: I noticed something strange with the hub on windows. I had a 2.0 flash drive still plugged into the hub when I disconnected and then reconnected the hub into my computer. The hub then connected as a single USB 2.0 Hub. I tested this method on the Wii U but still no luck so it seems #1 is out of the running.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Official Nintendo LAN adapter uses AX88772, and all third party LAN adapter that works on Wii/Wii U also use this chipset.

So that's your problem, you are using an incompatible chipset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol