US/UM Ultra Wormhole stuff

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by H1B1Esquire, Nov 12, 2017 at 9:55 PM.

1. H1B1Esquire
    OP

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I figure we could use some info on these holes. Help out so we can get some knowledge.

Feel free to chime in so we can get a deeper understanding of this.
    -----------------
    Controls: You'll start off with gyroscope (motion) controls, but this can be changed in Akala-HeaHea-GF building-Aether scientist-GF office-SW corner. The more yellow orbs you collect, the faster you'll run, which is important to get further in Ultra Space; electrical orbs will slow you down. No matter how slow (or far?--codes may change this) you go, you'll eventually start to drift until you get succ'd into any hole, from any direction.

Basics: Hunt stuff. There are levels to Wormholes, indicated by rings, but legends have a 100% chance in any color wormhole, as long as it has--as best I can describe right now--a swirling, clover-like appearance (level 4 wormhole); it looks very different from a regular wormhole. These can appear in any color, even White (just don't expect too much) and usually appear around 4,500 light years, but you'll notice there are less yellow orbs and more electrical orbs around 2,500 light years. You can still find legends in common-looking wormholes, but you'll never find "common" 'mon in a "clover" wormhole, unless you get every legend for that Ultra Wild.

---------------------
    *I think the rings around the holes give better chances to shiny and hidden ability, needs testing.
    --Thanks, HamBone41801-- "0% to 100% just means its determined when you enter the hole, not when you start the battle."

**You can use NTR to force shiny, but this only (100%) affects legends. You can still get shiny "common" but it's severely reduced. Prove it different if possible. And no, that Hippowdon is just a female. The .ips patch doesn't work in Ultra Space or on Ultra Beasts, even though the only real shiny-locks (aside from HA things like Oranguru/Passimian) are on Zygarde, Tapu, Cap Pika, and maybe a few others.

***You can only catch one legend, no farming....I guess? UB's can be farmed from wormholes, but I think the UB depends on the time you hunt. Make those shiny chances count. Or have a backup.

****If you see a "?" after a name, I couldn't remember if I got it from that wormhole. Let's get some concrete info.

---------------
    Ultra Wilds
    and the holes that spawn
    them
    , Thanks, DrGreed

Yellow-Cave--Hippowdown, Abomasnow, Stunfisk, Magcargo,
    Legends

Red-Mountain summit--Sigilyph, Swanna, Altaria, Yanmega, Swellow,
    Legends

Blue-Sea Cave--Lombre, Floatzel, Quagsire, Barbaracle,
    Legends

Green-Base mountain--Grumpig, Nuzleaf, Crustle, Drapion, Audino, Heliolisk,
    Legends
    UB

White:
    Ultra
    [Missing Ultra Sun info for "commons".] Thank you, Wicked13.
    ---------------------

Some things I don't know about: Solagaleo/Lunala giving different encounters (using Solagaleo/Lunala will give you the same 'mon on your version), time of day affecting encounters, how certain cheats affect runs, like walk through walls--does it stop you from entering wormholes?

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    Majickhat55, Lacius, XAIXER and 2 others like this.
  2. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    ultra beasts could be time based, not date based. (like oras)

3. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    I believe all Regi are in yellow. I love this wormhole mini game. It blessed me with a Shiny Hippowodon and a Shiny Audino. Not my favorite shinies but I'll keep them. It was almost back to back also.

Last edited by DrGreed, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:03 PM
    H1B1Esquire likes this.
  4. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    also, I found Celesteela in moon.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Its habitat is called the Crater.

5. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
  6. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    How many of each can you get exactly? I assume it's one each for legendaries, but what about UBs? Can you get as many as you want? I want to have a fair few with different natures for competitive...

7. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    You can get unlimited UBs. I have three of most, barring Guzzlord. Nice they let
    us

8. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Can we get some verification that it's really unlimited? I plan to catch all the stuff I want in UM and move my save over to US to catch the rest and unlimited UBs would be amazing, I can just get one of each nature for every single one of them!:P

9. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    I've seen well over ten of Nihilego and Pheromosa. I guess they are most common?

ThoD likes this.
  10. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I'm pretty sure it's unlimited. In my quest for a few favorites, who I mistakenly thought would be in other areas, I kept running into the same UBs.

Try it.

I think so. I've gotten those two to show up way more than any other UB. That's why I had a thought about certain UBs being based on certain days.

ThoD likes this.
  11. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try it! I'm moving the save over to US anyway when the games are out, so I want to have multiples of all the exclusive UBs and then some (for GTS)! Unlimited UBs is great, I always hated how in S/M you only got like 2 of each... Currently I'm soft-resetting for Type:Null though, so I'll do the wormhole later after I'm done with Poni Plains.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  12. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    I was thinking it depends on the rarity of the wormhole. More rings and shiny means rarer UBs. Just my thoughts. I'm probably wrong though.

Last edited by DrGreed, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:36 AM
  13. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Definitely recommend having back ups. I've got some just
    for

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Partially true; I've gotten plain white wormholes and double-ringed wormholes to the exact same location, but the clover-like" wormhole led me
    to

I can say

14. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    What do you mean "backups"? As in save backups? I already have everything I want on Sun already, except for the new mons and Relaxed Type:Null (evolved the one in Sun accidentally and want an Eviolite Rest/Sleep Talk one). Now trying to get a Relaxed UB Assembly... That thing is so goddamn slow, base 13 speed and x4 weakness to Ground and Fighting!

Anyone has found out anything about how the wormhole rarity affects the mons? I know that it can be speculated, but something a bit more certain could help...

15. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Yeah. I'd keep a few at pivotal points just in-case.

I think there really is no "rarity", just certain areas where certain things will appear. The "clover" is 100% guaranteed legendary, but they can still show up in "common" wormholes. Try stuff out and contribute your findings.

16. Alm

Alm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Alm is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Valentia
    There was a thread where some dude caught 3 shinnies in the ultra wormhole.
    Maybe there is more than meets the eye.
    Also, I think everyone knows this, but some dude in the new established pokemon fan house in-game talked about putting an everstone on your pokemon while it breed makes its child have the same nature as him/her.

17. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Didn't read that thread, but there is definitely a lot going on that we need to figure out. We'll learn more when US comes out. I'm curious to see if 'mon differ in the Ultra Wormhole for US, which I think they should.

18. Alm

Alm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Valentia
    It is way better if we know now than later.
    It will leave a head-start for average pokemon players.

19. H1B1Esquire
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Hopefully, we'll see some thing early for US; still happy about U. moon, but we need more information. Maybe people will see this and post their experiences?

All those people who condemn leaks should be proud they can learn from others. Eventually, I have to go back to get a shiny Latias and other one-time UBs.

20. Alm

Alm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Valentia
    Hopefully the Ultra wormhole boost your shiny chances.
    Try using a rotom encounter as well.
    I don't know if that will make a difference.