Hacking US Black (Onyx) Nintendo DS may have DEAD PIXEL

magix514

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I exchanged my ONDSL (Onyx Nintendo DS Lite) during the weekend. But ....
Yesterday, in a complete dark environment, with the starting screen, wich is withe, I noticed the touch screen was a little bit yellow. It's not that important, you have to look for it and the screen must be really clear. As soon as I started a game, I didn't notice it at all. Anyway, I can't return it, I flashed it
smile.gif

After a dead/stuck pixel, a yellow screen! I scross my finger that the hinge won't crack.

Jasafar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty lucky so far. Picked up my Onyx DS Lite last Wednesday and no problems yet. Knock on wood. Flashme took and M3 Lite is rockin - no issues.

kidxsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My onyx DSL has one defective pixel. I downloaded a "pixel fix" program that allowed me to see the pixel against different colored screens. The weird thing is that the pixel shows up red against a blue background, and blue against a red background. On black, white, and green the pixel blends in fine. I'm not sure why it is like that. Anyone have any ideas?

sandreezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha! i didnt have to mail it back. i just went into gamestop and said give me a new one this one is screwed up and my screen is yellow and they gave me a new one.

new ones bright as ever and no dead pixels!!!! now ill i need is a flushmount m3 lite and im golden

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha! i didnt have to mail it back. i just went into gamestop and said give me a new one this one is screwed up and my screen is yellow and they gave me a new one.

new ones bright as ever and no dead pixels!!!! now ill i need is a flushmount m3 lite and im golden
i did the exact same thing!

also did it when i bought my classic nes gbasp and noticed it had a dead pixel

lonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got an onyx dsl today from buy.com and it has a (stuck?) pixel on the top screen when the screen is black it looks blue but when the screen is white or any othter color i dont notice it at all is that stuck or dead or what?

Ragone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, my luck is terrible.

1st time brought back: yellow bottom screen, bad dpad.
2nd time: yellow screen, 2 dead pixels, dust behind screen
3rd time: yellow screen, dead pixel on touch screen, loose upper screen (shakes a little and is somewhat loose)

I don't know what to do, I might just up and send it to Nintendo...this is fucking ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi