Ura Zelda Restoration Project!! (ARUZ 2016)

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Alex S, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Alex S
    OP

Alex S Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Here is the First Demo Release Everyone ^u^ (just patch your rom with ppfomatic and use the save file to skip the intro cutscene :P)

Attached Files:

2. scionae

scionae *clicking circles*

Dec 28, 2016
    Italy
    Good luck with the project and congrats for the first Demo release! :D

3. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Which ROM is used for patching?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

4. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Ocarina of Time Debug. As far as i know any other oot rom cant have map imports besides debug without really bad glitches.

EDIT: Also in the next build ill try to get the npc working but if i cant, then i will just move on to the next area and worry about those details later. On an unrelated note, hex editing the button display to make it disappear make the rom crash with a fatal error for some reason.

Last edited by Alex S, Feb 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM
  5. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Okay... so i may have made a mistake in the Previous Release and it would only work on special OoT Debug Builds. this one will work on all of them :P Also there is rom patcher for android that does ppf for those interested. Enjoy and sorry for inconveince ;-; (also if you want adult link then start a new file)

Attached Files:

DarthDub likes this.
  6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Never herd of this one whats the difference between this and the original Zelda OTT

7. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    It was going to be a completely different game with an entirely different story and areas. Im recreating it as a rom from the beta screenshots.

8. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    upload_2018-2-14_15-35-34.png
    (This map would be quality enough, if you want a threshold you want to meet)
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I think some experience in 3d map design and a good grasp of a 3d modeling utility would be better than what's being presented. @Alex S I personally think you should practice before you try to take a project as "big" as this.

9. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    And that map isnt what i am going for in the project. Its supposed to be a recreation of what is in the screenshots. The models arent meant to be ridiculously high poly or have lots of special effects. It seems everyone wants it to be better than the goal of the project and dont understand the meaning of "recreation"

10. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    keep me posted please sound fun !

11. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    I know that the thing I posted wasn't the ideal thing. I just think that you should study a bit more.

https://hylianmodding.com/ is a forum I made specifically for Zelda hacking. If you need any tips, I'll make a tutorial for you.

DarthDub and Alex S like this.
  12. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    There is a discord server where i post updates exactly when they happen on the main post. But for those sticking to temp, ill see if i can get the beta actor to load properly, and if not i will start work on the castle town shown in the beta :3

Sharp ocarina tutorials are most useful to me atm. So if you make any please do share. Atm there only exists 4 made by martin :P

DarthDub likes this.
  13. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    I sincerely hope the final product will be playable on actual hardware when (not if) it's done.

14. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Well if other hacks are playable on everdrive then this should be possible in theory. But by the time it reaches final product it may use a lot of asm and/or go beyond real hardware limits like a lot of sm64 hacks do.

15. Alex S
    OP

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Okay Guys,Ive Improved the Map quite a bit and i also made some progress on the water somewhat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadly The water isnt quite transparent in the way i wanted but its getting there.
    [​IMG]
    Let me know your thoughts everyone ^-^

koffieleut, DarthDub and 8BitWonder like this.