ROM Hack Uploading to TK ? Freeshop Updates.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed a title or two not on the freeshop. Or different regions for a title not uploaded there. So i have gone elsewhere to get the files but want to know how i would get the needed file to upload it to the title site from the game itself so others could use it. Example would be Monster Hunter Stories is there, but only the Jap/Eur version, not the US one, i have the us one and would like it to show there for others.

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have bought the game from the eShop, (A TitleKey from a 'Gamecard converted to CIA' will not work)

Download Decrypt9WIP: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Place the 'firm' file in the luma payloads folder, and also make a new folder named "Files9" on your 3DS SD card.
Start it by holding start while booting your 3DS and Select Decrypt9WIP and press 'A' to load it.

When Decrypt9WIP loads. choose "Ticket/TitleKey Options",
then select "Titlekey Dump (SysNand) / Titlekey Dump (EmuNand)"
(This depends on which NAND you bought the game on, it'll most likely be SysNAND)
Wait while Decrypt9WIP dumps your TitleKeys, this will take a minute or two...
Select "EncTitleKeys.bin" as the filename (use the dpad to change the filename)
then press 'B' to return to the menu, next choose "TitleKey Decrypt (File)
Select "EncTitleKeys.bin" as the filename (use the dpad to change the filename) and press 'A'
Select "DecTitleKeys.bin" as the filename (use the dpad to change the filename) and press 'A'
then press 'B' to return to the menu, you can now power off / restart your 3DS.

Now you have both EncTitleKeys.bin and DecTitleKeys.bin on your SD card in "SD:\Files9\"

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should, as long as the game was downloaded from the official eShop, you can always try submitting the keys and see if it gets accepted.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i shall try that. Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well the site said thanks. So hopefully that worked. I don't know how long it will take to update on there and on the shop.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i shall try that. Thank you.

Well the site said thanks. So hopefully that worked. I don't know how long it will take to update on there and on the shop.
The site shouldn't take too long, however, depending on which freeShop fork you are using (arc13's on 3.1.4 or Paul's on 3.1.7) it depends on when the cache gets updated. Paul's freeShop cache gets update more frequently than arc13's fork does.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not even know there was a new on aka pauls. I am pretty sure i am using arcs which could be why i did not see the title there. Hmm i will find pauls fork and install that as well.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you, i am a little slow this night lol

These just overwrites ace's ? I used fbi to install but there was no new icon but the app says 3.1.7 while booting.

(nevermind i am dumb, i was using pauls already)

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure who owns/runs the TitleKey site, but would it be possible to change where you add a 'Decrypted TitleKey' to also accept an 'Encrypted TitleKey' as well?
You can label the form as "TitleID" and "TitleKey" and when a TitleKey is submitted, the site first tries to use it as a 'Decrypted TitleKey' as it does now, but if it fails, then
try using the submitted TitleKey as an 'Encrypted Titlekey' iinstead, this would allow people with CIA files to extract the TitleID and TitleKey from it and submit them to the site.
(There are probably a few games that were downloaded from the eShop and built to CIA files using GodMode9, but don't have TitleKeys available, but could be gotten from CIA files)

I've also noticed that quite a few games that had TitleKeys submitted when they were in the 'pre-load stage' but are now 'released' are missing the seed in the 'seeddb.bin' file,
Seeds are never downloaded after the official release date, maybe when a game is added, get the site to check for seeds, even if the game already exists in the database?
another way would be if "offset 0x18F" in the decrypted NCCH has bit 0x20 set but the seed gets a '404 error' when downloading, add the TitleID to a 'pre-load list' that
the seed can manually be checked for later, or have a script running that re-checks every day / every few days for the seed and adds it to the seeddb.bin file when released.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure who owns/runs the TitleKey site, but would it be possible to change where you add a 'Decrypted TitleKey' to also accept an 'Encrypted TitleKey' as well?
You can label the form as "TitleID" and "TitleKey" and when a TitleKey is submitted, the site first tries to use it as a 'Decrypted TitleKey' as it does now, but if it fails, then
try using the submitted TitleKey as an 'Encrypted Titlekey' iinstead, this would allow people with CIA files to extract the TitleID and TitleKey from it and submit them to the site.
(There are probably a few games that were downloaded from the eShop and built to CIA files using GodMode9, but don't have TitleKeys available, but could be gotten from CIA files)

I've also noticed that quite a few games that had TitleKeys submitted when they were in the 'pre-load stage' but are now 'released' are missing the seed in the 'seeddb.bin' file,
Seeds are never downloaded after the official release date, maybe when a game is added, get the site to check for seeds, even if the game already exists in the database?
another way would be if "offset 0x18F" in the decrypted NCCH has bit 0x20 set but the seed gets a '404 error' when downloading, add the TitleID to a 'pre-load list' that
the seed can manually be checked for later, or have a script running that re-checks every day / every few days for the seed and adds it to the seeddb.bin file when released.
It's probably possible but no one knows who runs the title keys site, to my knowledge.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I tried to contact the owner of the title key site before for a different reason but had no luck. I imagine they want to stay anonymous and uncontactable in case of DMCA claims and such.
Anyway, back when the site was created, a 3DS was required in order to encrypt and decrypt title keys. The reason the site only accepts decrypted title keys is because only decrypted title keys can be immediately verified as valid. However, a decrypted title key won't create a valid ticket (i.e. eShop won't accept it and let you redownload the game directly from eShop, though that might not matter much to most people), which is why FreeShop as well as CIAngel only use encrypted title keys.
These days it's technically possible to encrypt and decrypt title keys with a PC, since we have the bootrom dumps now and can access all the keys stored in it. The site hasn't been updated with that functionality yet though. Once it is, encrypted title keys should appear almost immediately after someone uploads the decrypted one, which should make games appear faster on FreeShop and CIAngel.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not seeing the game appear on the title site. I am assuming i did something wrong.
Did you actually buy the games from the eShop or did you install them from CIAs? Games on that title keys site HAVE to have been bought from the eShop in order for it to correctly appear on that title keys site.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not take an eshop game and make it into a cia?

The cia i installed was said to be a eshop version not a cart version. So maybe it was a cart and thats why.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not take an eshop game and make it into a cia?
You can. But If you did not buy it directly from the eShop, then it will not work. If you downloaded and installed someone else's eShop-ripped CIA then dumped the title keys, it will not work. To make games appear on that title keys site, you cannot use someone else's dump. You HAVE to buy the game yourself from the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1