Hardware upgrading will brick the modded wii?

Gitaroo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard if you try to upgrade your system it will brick the wii, thats why they make a wiiblocker to rip out the update from the game, is that true? Can you update your system after modding your system?

Goldcoastr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldcoastrs-modchips.com
XP
Country
Hi yes you can update your wii after installing any modchip currently out at moment

UNLIKE THE RECENT XBOX 360 LIVE haha
laugh.gif

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can upgrade the system so long as its the same region. For example, if you're from the PAL region, don't upgrade from an NTSC game because that WILL brick your Wii. If you're upgrading from the same region then it's no problem.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi yes you can update your wii after installing any modchip currently out at moment

UNLIKE THE RECENT XBOX 360 LIVE hahaÂ
laugh.gif

You do realise that the recent 360 dashboard update had nothing to do with people getting banned from LIVE.

People have been banned that did not download the update, the most likely reason at this stage was because people were playing backups without all the security sectors intact. i.e. The discs weren't fully steath patched.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

UNLIKE THE RECENT XBOX 360 LIVE hahaÂ
laugh.gif

You do realise that the recent 360 dashboard update had nothing to do with people getting banned from LIVE.

People have been banned that did not download the update, the most likely reason at this stage was because people were playing backups without all the security sectors intact. i.e. The discs weren't fully steath patched.

It's just a matter of time before Microsoft bans those people running the iXtreme firmware and stealth patched games. Just like before with all the other firmware updates, Microsoft waited for people to think it was safe to upgrade their firmware and play online, then when there were enough a lot of people in that pool, they just did a mass banning.

They wouldn't just go about by banning one at a time because then people wouldn't have continued using the firmware update (at least most wouldn't). Now with the iXtreme i bet the same thing will happen in a couple of months. Microsoft will wait until a lot of people are using it then do a mass banning again.

It's only a matter of time until the only people on LIVE are those with legit firmware and original games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s