Hardware Upgraded motherboard, memory and CPU. Trying to boot into old SSD.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Over a year ago, my relative was given a PC for her freelance job but with not a massive budget, I suggested that the first thing to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD. That was a temporary solution until she finally decided to get a new motherboard, CPU, memory and PSU last week which I helped assemble today.

Now that I booted it up for the first time, Windows 7 goes into a constant loop of booting and restarting. It's obvious the hardware change hasn't gone smoothly but is there a way to fix this without having to format and start a new Windows install?

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Now that I booted it up for the first time, Windows 7 goes into a constant loop of booting and restarting. It's obvious the hardware change hasn't gone smoothly but is there a way to fix this without having to format and start a new Windows install?
You know the problem already. It's very obvious that the new hardware doesn't like the old installation.

I think the best course of action is to clone the old SSD/boot drive with software like Clonezilla, and do a fresh install of her preferred copy of Windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.