Updating to 5.5.1 or 5.5.2 from lower versions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by PokeAcer, Jul 27, 2017.

1. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Did you accidentally quote me?

2. bonoboy

bonoboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2008
    What if we install 5.5.1 browser over 5.5.2? I mean downgrade the browser using wup installer on 5.5.2?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It can't be done using this method. Downgrading the browser using another method will make the browser useless unless you're already running Haxchi or CBHC CFW, which will make the browser unusable as a way to load the Homebrew Launcher or Mocha CFW if you don't already have Haxchi/CBHC.

In short, don't downgrade the browser. It doesn't work.

It sure looks that way.

bonoboy and fatsquirrel like this.
  4. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Good good...I already panicked :D

5. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    I remember 5.3.2 was able to lauch Loadiine GX2 , was it through an web expoit ? I'm thinking about launching a game with 5.5.1 update from Loadiine and , it does the update ? If it does not with Loadiine format , maybe it works with "brazilian " format ? Does the brazilian format work on 5.3.2 ?
    I'm thinking all the exploits discovered in 5.5.1 are functional in lower versions too . Also , it there a way to "protect " the browser from being updated ?

6. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm getting this error also, how did you fix this?

7. carecu

carecu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    someone please help me, what is the format of the key?

8. nitrusoxide

nitrusoxide Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Hi guys, I went through this guide (and after failing to install via ostitleloader i managed to manually download them and use the GX wup installer. only problem was that i missed out the last file 000500101000400A as I assumed it would install and then let me install that before rebooting. System rebooted and shows 5.5.2 (with 5.5.1 browser) but for the life of me I cant get any HBL or HBC to come on it keeps going to black screen with spinning blue circle.
    is there a method to install this OSv10 file. ive exhausted most methods..... or can I just upgrade to full 5.5.2 and maybe it will exploit easier...

9. startreker

startreker Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2008
    United States
    I am having this same error where it says my java size is illegal when I use the common key I found online and put it into the common.key file. If someone could PM me what I am doing wrong that would be a lot of help. I'm looking to go from 5.3.2U up to this. Thanks.

Last edited by startreker, Nov 10, 2017
  10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    why follow old guides?
    just update your console, then use the 5.5.2 exploit (80% chance of success is not so bad, and not impossible).

if you are stuck with half an update, let the console update to fix the missing titles.

the common.key is a binary file, not a text file.
    copy/pasting the key inside a file as text will not work.
    you don't need the key number, you need the key file. if you have the key value, use a hex editor to paste it into a binary file.

or, just update your console to 5.5.2 and hack it with following the noob guide.

Last edited by Cyan, Nov 11, 2017