Hacking Updating my R4i Ver 1.4.1 to work with my DSi Ver 1.4.5A - Help? :I

MrFizz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've just found my old R4 to find out it's not working:
- I've formated it and put the latest kernel on (R4i V 1.82b, with the 3 folders and a .dat file)
r4.JPG

- Runned it and my DS said an error had occurred.
DSCN1886.JPG

Is there a way to get it working on my DSi? Would I need a new flashcart, would I need a different kernel or (maybe even) update my DSi?

Cheers,
MrFizz1337

Attachments

• DSCN1887.JPG
    DSCN1887.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,206

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are many similar looking cards from www.r4i-sdhc.com. In order to upgrade a card you need to be able to boot the card which means using a DSi with a low firmware version that can still boot the card or using an original DS or DS Lite which have no firmware. If the card has 1.4.1 written on it there is a good chance it won't support the 1.4.5 update anyway.

You need a new card.

MrFizz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are many similar looking cards from www.r4i-sdhc.com. In order to upgrade a card you need to be able to boot the card which means using a DSi with a low firmware version that can still boot the card or using an original DS or DS Lite which have no firmware. If the card has 1.4.1 written on it there is a good chance it won't support the 1.4.5 update anyway.

You need a new card.

Damn it...

Which website is written at your R4?

The website that's written on it is www.r4igold.cn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need a new card.
Could you refer me to where specifically I can get it? The site said it stopped production and doesn't say where I can actually buy it.

MrFizz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

MrFizz1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One quick tip: don't buy a card by r4isdhc.com or r4i-sdhc.com. The best ones are the supercard dstwo (supercard.sc) or if that's too expensive the r4i gold 3ds rts (r4ids.cn).
I know. My uncle actually bought this for me like 4 years ago so I probably wouldn't be looking at that site anyway. :P

GaminAndCoding4005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had somthing like that and i fixed it on my dsi but afterwards mine went white screened just a warning his will remove all content on you dsi and it will reset it

1. Take out the battery
  2. Unscrew the top cover on your dsi while you open it there might be a cable on the top if so unplug and skip to step 5
  3. locate the screen cable
  4. Disconect that cable
  5. Then reconect the cable
  6. Screw your top back into place
  7. Put the battery back in
  8. Power it back in
  9. Complete the setup
  10. Done!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended