Hacking Updating CFW

Twisky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm a Sailor and I've been away and haven't used my PS3 for a long time. I'm trying to figure out how to update my stuff without fucking it up.

Some info regarding it:
I hacked it years ago and don't really remember what I did but it worked fine and I played some of my backups.

Anyway, from what I can tell it's a slim 160GB and it turns on and says REBUG. Under system settings it says I'm using 4.46. It looks like we're up to 4.60+ right now and I'd like to update to that to use some new games. I figured out how to update Multiman using the built in updater and now it's 04.66.06.
I have no idea what CEX, DEX, REX, COBRA, and all this patching shit is.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ignore DEX, that developer's firmware and most people don't need to bother with it. Concern yourself with CEX, consumer firmware.

COBRA are basically CFW that has features from Cobra USB such as NTFS support. You may or may not need it.

REX is just a naming scheme for Rebug CFW. Rebug used to have Lite and REX edition of CFW, one is packed with number of features and one is not.

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of all the current CFW because I see a lot of revisions within a few days so I'm a little skeptical about its stability.
I would wait for the rebug 4.65.2. For our purposes, REX should be fine (not D-REX, this is developer stuff I believe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1