Hardware Updates slow it down?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I just updated the firmware to the new one with the new Shop Channel design. I also downloaded Photo Channel 1.1.

Now when I click messages, it loads those fine. But when I choose return to Wii channel menu, it takes about 4 seconds. And when I load the Shop Channel, it goes to a black screen for a year and a half until it even begins to connect.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

My Wii is not modded BTW.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I just updated the firmware to the new one with the new Shop Channel design. I also downloaded Photo Channel 1.1.

Now when I click messages, it loads those fine. But when I choose return to Wii channel menu, it takes about 4 seconds. And when I load the Shop Channel, it goes to a black screen for a year and a half until it even begins to connect.

I'm seeing the same issue now. I went and updated after I read your post. It appears to be the Shop Channel update causing the issue though.

- Fitzy

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so Nintendo made a Sony update huh?
frown.gif
Hope they fix this soon.

EDIT: OK, it seems to be working fine now today. Oh, and bought Pokemon Snap. Fun fun.

D

Deleted User

Everything's fine over here. No lag getting into the shop channel or when starting a VC game after the update(s).

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yoshi's Story hmm... why is it so popular? I have the original N64 cart (god forbid), but it's pretty gay and boring.
Anyway, I feel that after the update, I have more disconnecting woes than usual... may be because of Christmas looming-holiday period, though.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I'm seeing the same issue now. I went and updated after I read your post. It appears to be the Shop Channel update causing the issue though.

- Fitzy

Bah, redid the update and everything is fine now.

On another note, Pokemon Snap FTW!!!

- Fitzy

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, so Nintendo made a Sony update huh?
frown.gif
Hope they fix this soon.

EDIT: OK, it seems to be working fine now today. Oh, and bought Pokemon Snap. Fun fun.

For me, the "Blank screen" time, is completely random. It seemed to hang yesterday when launching Zelda TP (original disc), the day before was fine, today, also fine, but slightly slower.

I guess we'll never know what happens during the "boot" sequence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.