gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi peeps,
So I just updated my PS3 from Hermes 3.55 to Rogero 4.30 v2.05 and multiMAN v02.xx to v04.19.07. Everything went smoothly and everything seems to be working fine, however I have a bunch of questions now that I’m hoping you can help answer. I’ll apologize up front for all the questions, I’ve been out of the scene for some time and now I’m playing catch-up.
  1. I have been ripping all my PS3 games to ISOs (on the PC) for a number of reasons, like easy archival, to help out Redump.org, among others (NOTE: my dumps do verify with the Redump dat as good). In theory I should be able to just extract the ISO to its folder state and copy it to the /dev_hdd0/GAMES/ directory and fire it up like I had ripped it right from the PS3 drive itself. I gave this a shot with two of the games and when I load them it kicks me back to XMB and says “An error occurred during the start operation. (80010017)”. If I delete what I uploaded then rip it via MM it plays just fine. So my question is what is MM adding/doing to the rip that my extracted 1:1 ISO doesn’t?
  2. When you update a game it saves the install package to the /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/PKG/ directory. Could you take these packages and just store them for a rainy day (so that you would not need to download them again in the future)?
  3. When I copy a pkg file to either the PKG or packages directories (they appear to be the same directory?) they do not show up on the PS3 XMB. Now if I go into MM and choose install packages (on the far left) they show up there. If I queue them up and choose load it will take me back to the XMB and they will now show up in the Install Packages screen. Why is that?
  4. What is the difference between the MM Install Package Files option and the ToolBox on the XMB (which seems to load the same screen)?
  5. Is there a way to stop the hard drive from spinning down/going to sleep?
  6. There is a bunch of ‘plugins’ in MM that you can download. There are a few I’m not clear as whey they are/do.
    Last Game 4.01
    Install Package Files 2.00 (I’m assuming this addresses my question 3)
    Game Data 4.00
    BD Redirection Reset 4.00
I’m starting to mess around with the PSN stuff and I’m sure I’ll have a half dozen questions about them as well, but I’ll save them for later.
Thank you in advance. I do appreciate the community here at GBATemp!
Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)