godofrandomness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

I just got a DSTWO, and used an original NDS to update it to firmware 1.25. While it works fine on the NDS, whenever I try to use it on my 3ds xl, it keeps coming up with a screen taht says "An error occured..." and asks me to old down the power button and reset. I can't figure out how to fix this. Does anyone have any advice?

godofrandomness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to update it again in your NDS? You have to copy the update file again to the microSD, because SCDS Two erases it after doing the update.

Yeah, I've tried redoing it about a half dozen times now. I even changed to a different SD card, and had used SDformatter on both of them.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS is on version 7.1, right? Some of the newer DSTWO firmwares don't work on the older 3DS versions.

godofrandomness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah , its version 7.1. My guess at this point is that it might be defective, except it works fine with the regular DS. This is all very frustrating.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it works on the regular ds it is not defective.
You either have contact issues on the 3ds or the firmware didn't install correctly.
When you put the firmware file on the sd card, did it actually say it was updating the firmware when you started it up?

kingleg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent literally hours on this today trying to get my dstwo to work. I also had updated my ace3ds and that would not work as well. I followed the full guide on supercard, and still no luck. After scouring the message boards, one user suggested what sounded like an insane idea; to put the card in the freezer for five minutes (and yes, my supercard works fine on dstwo). Shockingly, I did this three times and it worked all three times, which suggests that the problem is simply power consumption in starting the game as that initial user had suggested. I don't know what to make of this, and I hope supercard personnel are aware of this, but it seems like the dstwo, with all of these updates, is now no longer compatible with the 3ds xl due to the power consumption issue.

scottydog27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok very easy fix if its a contact issue
my dstwo has a contact issue also
here's what I do
1. Put the dstwo into the 3ds
2. Take an old credit card or card of equal firmness and thickness and cut it so its the width of the card slot make sure your cutting the card so u dont have the number bumps
3. While putting in the dstwo slide the credit card in with it on the sticker side or after the cards in gently slide it in if it dosn't want to slide in u may need to wiggle it in do not force

if its updates to the newest fw updating again to try to get it to work wont do anything it would tell you it failed to update

and what user64 said about older firmware not working is incorrect
as long as dstwo say it supports and you have it installed (the current firmware aka. 7.1) any old firmware is also supported
they have to have old firmware supported cause some people haven't updated or have older systems
ds fat/lite/I

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the DSTwo still work on the most recent 3DS/XL firwmare/system version?
Mine does. As for getting the cart firmware to work in the first place, all you need to do is get the latest 3DS-friendly firmware/update files off the SC site, drop it on the card and boot it on your 3DS. Just let it sit for 5-10 minutes to let the firmware update install. At least, that's how mine got working. Also, I updated mine while on the most current 3DS firmware at the time, which was well above 7.X.X...

Reactions: OrGoN3

vash1122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent literally hours on this today trying to get my dstwo to work. I also had updated my ace3ds and that would not work as well. I followed the full guide on supercard, and still no luck. After scouring the message boards, one user suggested what sounded like an insane idea; to put the card in the freezer for five minutes (and yes, my supercard works fine on dstwo). Shockingly, I did this three times and it worked all three times, which suggests that the problem is simply power consumption in starting the game as that initial user had suggested. I don't know what to make of this, and I hope supercard personnel are aware of this, but it seems like the dstwo, with all of these updates, is now no longer compatible with the 3ds xl due to the power consumption issue.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? I've got the same issue. The DSTwo works fine in a DS but gives an error on the 3DS. If I stick it in the fridge for a minute or two, it boots up fine.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have any experience with this? I've got the same issue. The DSTwo works fine in a DS but gives an error on the 3DS. If I stick it in the fridge for a minute or two, it boots up fine.

Definitely odd that it would behave like that. I recently used my DSTWO on a 3DS XL just last month and it behaved fine. And I currently use it on my New 3DS XL without issue. Is it the cart that spits out an error message, or the console?

vash1122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely odd that it would behave like that. I recently used my DSTWO on a 3DS XL just last month and it behaved fine. And I currently use it on my New 3DS XL without issue. Is it the cart that spits out an error message, or the console?

It's a console error. Tells me to hold the power button to turn off. I've only had it a day but it seems like as long as I get it to boot once using the fridge trick, it'll keep booting as long as I don't take it out.

vash1122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest attempting the cart's firmware update again.

I tried updating it on a DS again. The update worked fine (got the update complete message and the file was deleted). I'm still getting the error on the 3DS though. I'm starting to think it may be an issue with the contacts. Every so often when I stick the game in, the 3DS doesn't recognize it at all. I just don't understand how making it cold would change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1