Hacking Update?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You dont now what loadiine do???
Play the Games in raw Format encrypted ..
Same Thing we can do on the switch

'No dude, doesnt work like that'
No Arguments against that ,only that ..
Sry But it Work like that...

You're missing the point guy:

Nintendo uses a certain key (password) to lock games before update 3.0.1. They changed the key after 3.0.0. They never did this on the Wii U. The fact Loadiine can decrypt and play games with ONE OLD KEY does not mean the Switch games will be so easy to decrypt with that new key. The hackers do not have this new key...

I think people are having false hope here and Iwonder what devs say regarding this.

Ps. the Playstation systems have the same problem. Look at the PS Vita, all games which were released after the hack firmware cannot be played...

Last edited by Langin,

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're missing the point guy:

Nintendo uses a certain key (password) to lock games before update 3.0.1. They changed the key after 3.0.0. They never did this on the Wii U. The fact Loadiine can decrypt and play games with ONE OLD KEY does not mean the Switch games will be so easy to decrypt with that new key. The hackers do not have this new key...

I think people are having false hope here and Iwonder what devs say regarding this.

Ps. the Playstation systems have the same problem. Look at the PS Vita, all games which were released after the hack firmware cannot be played...
Look at switchbrew hacker already Look Into 4.00 .... when they get the Key we can decript 4.00 stuff..

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not just the 3.0.1 key, but also new services and api functions.
4.0.0 added a video capture service, all pre-4.0.0 games need an update to use this service, but new Games will have this service as an requirement.
Sooner or later, Nintendo will add more of these and then a simple key will not be enough to get games running.

Also don't forget that Nintendo can ban your Switch any time if they detect something like an illegal installed game/app/homebrew.
They did learn from their mistakes on DSi/Wii/WiiU/3DS.

It's better to wait for a Flashcard then CFW this time.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not just the 3.0.1 key, but also new services and api functions.
4.0.0 added a video capture service, all pre-4.0.0 games need an update to use this service, but new Games will have this service as an requirement.
Sooner or later, Nintendo will add more of these and then a simple key will not be enough to get games running.

Also don't forget that Nintendo can ban your Switch any time if they detect something like an illegal installed game/app/homebrew.
They did learn from their mistakes on DSi/Wii/WiiU/3DS.

It's better to wait for a Flashcard then CFW this time.
These Problem are on Wii and Wiiu too ...
And Solved on both systems

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. A piracy kiddo waiting for backup loaders now has to choose between updating and playing a game, or wasting $60 and waiting for a backup loader that will never release. Fuckin irony.

These Problem are on Wii and Wiiu too ...
And Solved on both systems
I want to reach through the screen and strangle your ignorant stubborn self. STOP ARGUING WITH PEOPLE ABOUT SOMETHING THEY CLEARLY KNOW MORE THAN YOU ABOUT.

Last edited by dpad_5678,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I wanted to know if there was a way to play without updating the console

I just bought Mario, but asks me to upgrade the console, I still have version 2.0, is there some way? there is some way to not upgrade to the latest firmware 4.o?
nope is not ,do not update if you dont want to and play offline or get a spare switch

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something people arent understanding... even if there was a way to play "backups" (har-har) released tomorrow, they would still not be able to play Mario Odyssey. Any current exploit that would be worth not updating for will only allow them to play "backups" that are up to 3.0 FW. Since Mario requires 3.1 even if there was a way to play backups you still wont be able to play Mario.

So what are you not updating for? To play Zelda and Rabbits? Maaaybe ARMS? Definitely not Mario Kart or Splatoon since those are kind of meant to be played online.

Is it worth it to be able to play Rabbits and Zelda for "free" and nothing else? If you already own those two games then you literally gain nothing by an exploit on 3.0.

So just update, and enjoy the game. The Switch will have maybe 5 to 10 games worth owning over its entire lifetime. Buying all 5 to 10 is not that much money. Definitely not worth buying another switch, thats 5 games right there ($300/$60 = 5).

PS - Ofcourse if you are interested in exploits for the sake of actual homebrew, thats a different story. But lets be honest thats not most people's interest.
There are plenty of possible solutions for playing backup games on 3.0.0 that require 3.0.1+. EmuNAND-like solutions, B9S-like solutions, etc. are all possibilities down the road.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is awesome. A piracy kiddo waiting for backup loaders now has to choose between updating and playing a game, or wasting $60 and waiting for a backup loader that will never release. Fuckin irony.

I want to reach through the screen and strangle your ignorant stubborn self. STOP ARGUING WITH PEOPLE ABOUT SOMETHING THEY CLEARLY KNOW MORE THAN YOU ABOUT.
Only shit in Your Post
Every Post here start a war vs a new Kiddy that already on 3.01 ...
Dont cry not my fault that You on 3.01 or higher
Im right and You cannot accept this

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of possible solutions for playing backup games on 3.0.0 that require 3.0.1+. EmuNAND-like solutions, B9S-like solutions, etc. are all possibilities down the road.

Provided there are exploits for 4.0.0+ firmware, Nintendo seems to be wising up on vulnerabilities. They seem more on top of the game when it comes to patching, unfortunately. With the Wii U, they didn't care as much until that surprise 5.5.2 update (which was nothing but a fan service to show they still "cared").

Reactions: loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Provided there are exploits for 4.0.0+ firmware, Nintendo seems to be wising up on vulnerabilities. They seem more on top of the game when it comes to patching, unfortunately. With the Wii U, they didn't care as much until that surprise 5.5.2 update (which was nothing but a fan service to show they still "cared").
qlutoo have already access to 4.00.... or im wrong with this ?..

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The options I suggested don't require exploits for 3.0.1+. With emuNAND, you would launch it from a 3.0.0 sysNAND. With something like B9S, you would install it from a 3.0.0 system before updating.

Reactions: loler55

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The options I suggested don't require exploits for 3.0.1+. With emuNAND, you would launch it from a 3.0.0 sysNAND. With something like B9S, you would install it from a 3.0.0 system before updating.

A little late for those on 4.0.0+, I don't see later firmware versions being hacked. Whatever.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late for those on 4.0.0+, I don't see later firmware versions being hacked. Whatever.
It's late in that one should not expect anything to happen with 3.0.1+ anytime soon. It doesn't mean nothing will ever happen.

Most of the focus will almost certainly be on 3.0.0, and in fairness, people were warned.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only shit in Your Post
Every Post here start a war vs a new Kiddy that already on 3.01 ...
Dont cry not my fault that You on 3.01 or higher
Im right and You cannot accept this
My console was in the box with 1.0.0, and I had 3.0.0 up until about a week ago, well after this. I updated BY CHOICE because I'm not gonna let a $300 console collect dust while all these new games are coming out, just because I want to play Homebrew Pong in 6-18 months. I'm 15 years old and I make money any way I can, so I'm certainly not going to waste it.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My console was in the box with 1.0.0, and I had 3.0.0 up until about a week ago, well after this. I updated BY CHOICE because I'm not gonna let a $300 console collect dust while all these new games are coming out, just because I want to play Homebrew Pong in 6-18 months. I'm 15 years old and I make money any way I can, so I'm certainly not going to waste it.
Lol exactly what i Think about You before
Go and play Pokemon :ha:

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said a million times before, Switch homebrew will not come as quickly as you think. Devs will either update their Switch or by another one (Probably #1 cause most devs are 20 year olds who don't have a lot of dough and want to play Oddysey and DOOM and other games). The Devs which stay behind may not work on homebrew and update because most people have updated to play Oddysey and DOOM and other games. On the bright side now devs will find more exploits on 3.0.1+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool