[Update] WiiU Production to "end soon"

194ulnezyxcwupng.png

After numerous rumors and denials by Nintendo itself, it seems like the WiiU will indeed meet its anticipated end soon.

On the Japanese Nintendo website, the following image can be seen:

m32hkq2havuegljqv3yo.png

The Japanese text can be translated to "Production is scheduled to end soon" (even Google Translate will give you something similar).

While the WiiU's end was expected, especially with the upcoming Nintendo Switch early next year, it is a tad bit surprising since Nintendo itself recently denied rumors pertaining to the end of the home console's production.

However there is no indication as to how soon is "soon" and since it's on their Japanese website, we don't know as of yet how it will impact other regions.

Update: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America had the following to say: “We can confirm that as of today, all Wii U hardware that will be made available in the North American market for this fiscal year has already been shipped to our retail partners. We encourage anyone who wants Wii U to communicate with their preferred retail outlet to monitor availability.”
:arrow: SOURCE, SOURCE 2

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody talks so much garbage. My family and I love the wii u and the games. Much more fun than any other console. Specially since the other consoles are basically cheap pc's. We just got skyward sword on the win u, man that game is fun with the motion controls, and everybody hated that too.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody talks so much garbage. My family and I love the wii u and the games. Much more fun than any other console. Specially since the other consoles are basically cheap pc's. We just got skyward sword on the win u, man that game is fun with the motion controls, and everybody hated that too.
We need more people like yall in this world.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I wonder if Just Dance will be supporting older consoles until 3000.

"New Just Dance 2999! For Wii U, Wii, PS3, PS4, PS5, PS6, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch U, Xbox, Xbox 1, Xbox 2, Xbox 5000"

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everybody talks so much garbage. My family and I love the wii u and the games. Much more fun than any other console. Specially since the other consoles are basically cheap pc's.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the WiiU is just a cheap PC too. It's not like touchscreens/touch displays couldn't be synced with desktop PCs before the WiiU came along. Thing is, they're mostly used for designers or artists or architects. As a gaming mechanic it's simply not that interesting.

Last edited by Xzi,

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The sooner the Wii brand is buried and forgotten the better. Granted I don't hate the Wii U quite as much as I despise the original Wii but enough with the fail gimmicks already. I am pretty sure the switch will be underpowered as per usual but thank fuck the focus seems to have switched back to tried and tested dual analogue standard controllers.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is not surprising. the console failed to sell. Nintendo is not gonna produce anymore when its not selling. They will sell off part to Chinese online retailers that sell console repair parts. I should have bought one of the 8gb wii us and left it unopened. its gonna be worth in 20 years..

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wii U is the best, but the FREAKIN' PEOPLE HATE IT, DAMN!
If you're angry at someone for the Wii U not being very good, be angry at Nintendo.

I hope they do still sell batteries for the Wii U pad, mine don't last much longer than a couple hours.
The high capacity battery lasts for 7-8 hours as opposed to the standard that comes with every GamePad which has a duration of 3hrs-ish. Not really worth buying the high capacity battery as you can just keep on playing it wired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love my wii u. Shame it didnt get special edition colors. (i dont count the ww gamepad. Its still black but with hyrule decal)
You can always DIY Wii U in whichever colour you want.

oh,thats sad... but you know what even sadder? its what i still dont know what is needed port of the bottom on wiiu gamepad
It's for the GamePad to receive anal treatment from the NS tablet. :P Jokes aside, it's actually to place the GamePad on the stand charger.

41gN59hv3kL._SX385_.jpg

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the WiiU is just a cheap PC too. It's not like touchscreens/touch displays couldn't be synced with desktop PCs before the WiiU came along. Thing is, they're mostly used for designers or artists or architects. As a gaming mechanic it's simply not that interesting.
Nintendo is different from pcs in the kind of games it offers, eg marios,Zelda etc.. with a pc you can play most ps and box games with better frame rate resolution and mods. Nintendo will always be the console to supplement my gaming pc.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I don't mind. We already have a semi-stable emulator for it and once they develop basic support for the gamepad there really isn't that much of a difference.

Reactions: VMM

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
i'm about this one [/SPOILER]
That was supposed to be for controller accessories. But, AFAIK, I haven't see any kind of accessory that actually use it. Probably because the Wii U sold like trash and they didn't want to waste money creating accessories for a limited market.

As to the news, I figured that would happen. The DS was said to be a "third pillar" too, and look how that turned out.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.