Status
Not open for further replies.

[UPDATE] WiiU Production Officially Ends in Japan

wii-u-gamepad-controller.jpg
As reported earlier, Nintendo planned the inevitable end of WiiU production sometime "soon".

It appears that the time has finally come and the console has stopped being produced in Japan according to the hardware section of Nintendo Japan’s website.

UPDATE: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America stated that "WiiU production has ended globally."

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
man i looked here for a wii u and the price is incredibly high, this is the same as the launch, and some sellers are more expensive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

last year my brother almost buy the wii u bundle of Super Mario Maker, and he will pay R$2.100 (reais), in dollar is $666,38

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ironically some people will start to buy Wii U a the end of its production cycle just for the easy piracy. While I don't encourage piracy but I say that Wii U's really worth it and has many gems to discover. My personal favourite is Super Mario 3D World. This game is just beautiful and too perfect in my opinion that makes you and your family happy.

In addition, Wii U is/will be the best retro-gaming machine: it plays almost all precedent Nintendo generations (Wii U, GC, N64...), in addition to arcade and 32 bit -and-earlier consoles (Genesis, NeoGeo...).

Reactions: jimbo13

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much the only reason I would buy one now. That EULA update that let Nintendo more or less update without notification or consent, was a big no-no in my book. I wouldn't have turned one down as a gift, but buy one? With my money? No way.

Now that it is more or less going to be forgotten in favor of the Switch, it might actually be safe to get one.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I just finally bought a wii u a few months ago. Everyone in the family loves it. I can foresee many years of gameplay on it. Hell, our wii was still being used daily until i bought the wii u. It is a fun console, just sucks that it rather flopped on the market.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a Wii U not too long ago. So far I'm loving it. Some great Wii U games out there plus it plays the entire Wii and GameCube libraries natively (after hacking) not to mention all the emulators

I've seen far worse gimmicks than the game pad screen

Maybe I'll change my mind once I've played all the good games to death on it though... as it flopped so hard there aren't a huge number of them

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a modern Wii with HDMI, WiiU library and the fact you can retro anything it is my favorite system. Soon as Wii injection hopefully arrives it will be the cleanest best playing system around.

Reactions: Jayro

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow I just remembered I still have pikmin 3 and rayman adventures to complete on there.
I really appreciated the console and what ninty "tried" doing with it but tbh, I just got it for sploon, tr4sh and hax ofc

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My question is if consoles cease production, how does it get preserved properly? Not all systems get the privlage of preservation. For all the VC titles, there is no virtual boy ones, least a game like wario land remake in color (NOT RED AND BLACK) could get some releases. I heard not all those games were bad, just didn't have to be on that system, and there isn't a lot of them anyway, so a few games to modern consoles would be nice i guess. :unsure:
With emulators like Cemu

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wii U, the only good thing from that console is super mario 3d world. :)

hoping to get it sometime in the future when the price drops exponentially. a console where I can have GC+Wii+Wii U would be perfect. but at the moment my original wii (with GC BC) is still good enough.

Last edited by eriol33,

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My concern here are the online servers for Mario kart. I expect them to be up and running 20 years from now when I fancy a game. It needs to be illegal to shut down the online servers regardless if you have a new console to sell. There needs to be a preservation order for online servers so they cannot be switched off and shut down like original Wii.

It's a shame it failed especially compared to the original Wii, it lacked the library the original had and FIFA as an example, their latest Nintendo game was for the original Wii, not Wii U.

No wrestling games were released for Wii U ☹️Very disappointing. No nintendo console in future should be missing big titles. Where was call of duty on 3ds? Should of happened and didn't.

But Mario kart 8, nsmbu, Luigi u, Mario 3D world they have all been worth it, I would certainly buy one cheap as possible right now if I didn't already have one

R.I.P production line, WiiU will live forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff