Hacking update Wii to 4.3?

KTBMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong. Wilbrand (the more popular alternative to LetterBomb) works on any System Menu. There are also easier methods such as BannerBomb. Have you done ANY research at all?

ModMii is the easiest way. You can stay on 3.2 if you really want to, but you'll miss out on running channels from the SD card through the System Menu and the Bannerbomb exploit.

Believe me, I've done plenty of research. I just haven't seen a single tutorial on how to get the homebrew channel that doesn't involve LetterBomb. Not my fault.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Believe me, I've done plenty of research. I just haven't seen a single tutorial on how to get the homebrew channel that doesn't involve LetterBomb. Not my fault.
The option of LetterBomb is not the same thing as only working with LetterBomb. Anyway, you thought that you had to have 4.3 for the HBC.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Before doing anything stupid first boot up the latest hackmii installer and see if you can install bootmii as boot2, correct me if I'm wrong but 4.3 replaces boot2 with v4 to prevent bootmii from installing on boot2, but then again, I softmodded both my Wiis on 4.3 and couldn't install bootmii as boot2, but when I softmodded a friend's Wii at 4.3, he could install bootmii on boot2.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Before doing anything stupid first boot up the latest hackmii installer and see if you can install bootmii as boot2, correct me if I'm wrong but 4.3 replaces boot2 with v4 to prevent bootmii from installing on boot2, but then again, I softmodded both my Wiis on 4.3 and couldn't install bootmii as boot2, but when I softmodded a friend's Wii at 4.3, he could install bootmii on boot2.
It updates it to REMOVE BootMii as boot2. That started with 4.2. If you brick during the update, you're screwed because Bootmii as boot2 is removed first.

A smart person would just use ModMii to do a full softmod, updating to 4.1.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It updates it to REMOVE BootMii as boot2. That started with 4.2. If you brick during the update, you're screwed because Bootmii as boot2 is removed first.

A smart person would just use ModMii to do a full softmod, updating to 4.1.

Yes I know, but when I both my Wii consoles they already had 4.3 installed on the spot, as for my friend's Wii he updated to 4.3, no need to bash on me.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know, but when I both my Wii consoles they already had 4.3 installed on the spot, as for my friend's Wii he updated to 4.3, no need to bash on me.
That wasn't a bash at you, sorry. I was just once again trying to convince the OP that he shouldn't update to 4.3.

Anyway, the boot2 version doesn't matter. It's the boot1 version that has the exploit, and it cannot be updated.

Reactions: Yepi69

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is a launch system from 2006, and its on 4.1U forever now, since 4.2 and 4.3 just install stubbed IOSes and block homebrew, while bringing nothing of value. 4.0 also brought SDHC support, so you might want to upgrade from 3.2 to 4.1 soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg