Homebrew Update Wii after 3 years with CFW

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody. In these days I decided to sell my old Wii because I don't use it for a while and, for that, I want to update my CFW that I installed 3 yeras ago. For increase his value all must be perfect and easy to use for everyone. I also think that some homebrews like emulators, the Homebrew Browser and USB Loader GX might catch the attention. But what's the problem? I installed the CFW 3 years ago with an italian video guide (please do not massacre me for that, i was very inexperienced ;)) and, since that, I'm on IOS58 v.24.32 and with the ver.1.1.2 of the Homebrew Launcher. In this condition I can't install, for example, USB Loader GX and the Homebrew Channel because, at the end of the installation, there's a text that says "Installation aborted" or something like that. My Wii is also on 4.3E but, for some original discs if I want to launch them with the disc channel, it says that I have to update my system version despite there aren't any system updates after 4.3. I'm sincere, I've never been interested so much in the Wii scene because I can play all Wii games on my PC with Dolphin at 1080p 60 fps with MSAAX8 etc., it's ridiculous compare a game played on Dolphin and on Wii. Thanks and sorry if I made some mistakes :)

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, finally I updated my softmodded Wii, I added Priiloader, I updated the eShop without installing the "latest" firmware and I installed USBLoaderGX. Now I have two questions: I tried to put a game.iso in my USB (formatted in NTFS) in root/wbfs/name folder of the game but the loader doesn't recognize the game. And for second: I want to sell it, so I want to make as easier as possible for everyone, is there any way I can install the Homebrew Browser as a channel?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a Wii or GC game? GC loaders don't work with NTFS.

If you just want to sell it remove all non-Nintendo IOSes and reset it with the system menu.

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it a Wii or GC game? GC loaders don't work with NTFS.

If you just want to sell it remove all non-Nintendo IOSes and reset it with the system menu.
I know that GC Games don't work with NTFS, but I tried with a Wii Game so I don't understand why it doesn't load the game. I don't want to sell it to Gamestop or stuff like that because, if I go there, they give me approximately 20$, my idea is to sell the console on Internet with softmod (near 70-80$ in Italy)
i would like SetMiiUp to be stickied :C
First of all, congratulations for your SetMiiUp, is very easy to use and probably, thanks to you, everybody can have a softmodded Wii without do research and knowing the topic.
Personally I also would set SetMiiUp sticked because, to find the topic, you must know the name of the tool and, for a person like me that doesn't follow very much the hacking scene of Wii, it's very very useful... I did a research on this forum and I was looking for something like this.

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, now I formatted my USB in FAT 32 and copy the game with Wii Backup manager and now USBLoaderGX can load the game (without cover, but it doesn't really matter). So now I have updated all cIOS, updated the eShop without "upgrading" the system (4.3E), installed USBLoaderGX, installed the Priiloader and configured it. I've done successfully a good update to my old Wii and I don't think that there's something else to do. A liitle advice: How much can I ask for my Wii (in american dollars) with 2 Wiimote, 1 Nunchuck and 7 original games? Thanks ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s