UPDATE: Scalebound Officially Cancelled

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 9, 2017.

Jan 9, 2017
  1. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBATemp's Official Waifu™ ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)

Antarctica
    Oh Nintendo~~~
    I heard you need more games for the Switch.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well least they can start on bayonetta 3. :creep:

Honestly though i like to hear the reason and both sides of the story, i don't know platinum to have a cancelled project.:unsure:

3. eduall

Member eduall GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    what? no way :/

4. RustInPeace

Member RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    You'd think that'd be in the cards with Bayonetta in Smash and getting an Amibo, now Switch coming, that'd be a main draw to get the console.

Anyways I had heard about this game a bit and was something I thought would sway me to get an Xbox One. Well now it won't come, so...

5. aljpn91

Banned aljpn91 Banned

Portugal
    bad times to be an xboner

Last edited by aljpn91, Jan 10, 2017
    Chary likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    I dunno, the idea of amiibos just seem like collection items, i honest didn't like the idea of those real life figures being game add-on content ever since Spyro the dragon became SKYLANDERS and the DISNEY INFINITY. I was hoping the trend can end sometime, but it would probably would upset lot of people if the switch didn't have amiibo support.

I never owned a amiibo, but i been considering getting one mostly for the super smash bros. I had a interest in training them since it gave me a bit more something to do but i just wish it was not like this. It could have been maybe a bit more like chao garden from sonic adventure games, Sega was on board for the game, they could have considered that part maybe, import smash run from 3DS, collect a bunch of stat upgrades and give it to your character to fight against others in some game mode that either earned prizes locally against others, or cpu or even online. It didn't have to be amiibo, is disappointing and not even many games support all of them, smash bros Mario maker and Yoshi wolly world probably the only 3 support all exisiting amiibo while some only require specific ones. Shovel night got a amiibo only for... shovel night, no mario maker or anything else, and the prices are inconsistent, 25$ for shovel night? Why not just make it download content or something? Is just basically 2 player mode.:blink:

If bayonetta 3 does come out, it probably won't have a amiibo in my opinion unless is on the switch, and maybe smash bros gets a port and the switch supports amiibo. Having a amiibo for just one game wouldn't be good marketing for casual people, only collectors. Unless nintendo relies on collectors like NES Mini classic scalpers to make money, is a complex theory of mine.:unsure:

7. RustInPeace

Member RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    I mentioned the Amibos as an example of Bayonetta's name being capitalized on, I don't really care for them. With her getting one and being in Smash I figure it's Nintendo recognizing how valuable the character is, especially towards mature audiences. Playing Bayonetta 3 in Sunday church service! Is it confirmed they're porting Smash to Switch? I think it's a rumor at this point. It better support the GC controller.

8. YayIguess

Newcomer YayIguess Advanced Member

Canada
    Pretty much this, I hope this eventually leads to a game (wonderful 101 2 for all I care) for the switch.

9. VinLark

Member VinLark Loonix Master

Sao Tome and Principe
    um

oh no?

10. IpsoFact0

Member IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    the scorpio is just a stronger xbox one...

Unless you really like Forza and Halo i really dont see any reason to own a Xbox One....im wondering what MS are thinking? Original Xbox was a great console...all down hill from there.

Last edited by IpsoFact0, Jan 10, 2017
  11. osaka35

Member osaka35 Sleepy

United States
    sadness

12. fvig2001

Newcomer fvig2001 Advanced Member

Philippines
    God damn it! I wanted this game so much since it was PC bound. I hated the design of the main character but I wanted to give it a chance. Ugh, it's Phantom Dust all over again.

13. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Addict

Sweden
    I never heard of this title, but I have kind of a "love" developer relationship to Platinum Games, so I'm sad to see this title go down the pipe. However I don't think this will matter much to Platinum Games, they probably got a bunch of orders from the big N already.

14. Chary
    OP

Reporter Chary Never sleeps

pip
    United States

15. DarthDub

Member DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    Welp, I have no reason to get an XBOX One now.

16. grossaffe

Member grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'd completely forgotten this was a thing. Oh well, that just leaves more developer hours Platinum can put into other projects.

17. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Thanks for the update. So was there any statements from Platinum about this? That would be a update.:creep:

18. Chary
    OP

pip
    United States
    Still no word from them. They don't seem interested in commenting on the matter yet/they haven't prepared a press release yet.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Now i'm worried about bayonetta 3. This is unsound. Try presenting some evidence when pressing them. :ninja:

Chary likes this.
  20. Chary
    OP

pip
    United States
    Though this is mostly my speculation and assumptions, I think this cancellation is to be purely blamed on Microsoft. They're known for mismanaging third party Xbox devs, especially as of late. And anyways, Platinum itself should be fine. Nier Automata is heading along on schedule, and their CEO has mentioned that they are interested in creating a new IP within the next few years.