UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chary, May 25, 2017.

?

What do you think caused your ban?

1. Have you ever used a save editor?

230 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

119 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

248 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

112 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

46 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. sks316

sks316 GBAtemp's Mewtwo™

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Cerulean Cave
    Nah, that's not it. I use non-legit apps ALL THE TIME while connected and I'm not banned.

PoppaDre likes this.
  2. EddyBrual12

EddyBrual12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    So my 3ds was banned and I'm going to unban it. If I renewed my localfriendcodeseed, will I lose my NNID? I saw some reports about. If so, then does that mean I have to make a new acc and redownload every title updates again?

3. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    No that what you heard was false. Injecting a LFCS_B doesn't unlink or delete your NNID. Both things are unlinked and completely different.

I helped my friend inject a public Seed and he still used all of his legit owned software and online games too.

4. EddyBrual12

EddyBrual12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    I see. So after I unbanned my 3ds, should I delete Non-Nintendo Titles to avoid a second ban?

5. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    There haven't been reports about a second ban after injecting so you don't have to. I think it's unnecessary.

I haven't been banned ONCE since the banwave started and I use HB alot.

nitroBW likes this.
  6. EddyBrual12

EddyBrual12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    Alright then.Thanks for the answers mate!

7. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    Quantumcat likes this.
  8. coachkamui

coachkamui Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Brazil
    I've just installed CFW in my O3DS and I'm still not banned. I pretended on installing a couple games via freeshop but since it may be risky to do it since it uses the internet, is there any other alternative to install other games? I'm not very savvy with the CFW possibilities yet.

9. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    If you can find the .cia files, FBI is the best way to install titles to your system.

coachkamui likes this.
  10. jaimejimegon

jaimejimegon Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Try to put a cartridge on the console, safehax used to fail when no cartridge is on the 3ds, I don't know why.

11. Reaga

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    He already had Luma before trying B9S, meaning he had probably used A9LH. He should use the section of the guide for transferring from A9LH to B9S, which does not require safehax anyway.

12. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Off topic, but I have your exact 3DS setup if your signature is accurate. Only difference is I have 3DSafe installed. MM N3DSXL master race. B-)

13. Reaga

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Lol sig is old, that 3DS is now on 11.4 w/ B9S

14. DerpMC_Haxx

DerpMC_Haxx Dank Memes R Life

Oct 8, 2016
    Ur Nan
    Is this over yet?

15. KK2004x

KK2004x Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    Was hoping to hack my O3DS soon enough, are we safe yet?

16. jockep

jockep GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    It seems to be over for the moment, haven't seen any ban reports in weeks. That being said there's always a possibility another wave will come but that's a risk you'll have to take for running CFW.

17. Kronillix

Kronillix Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    United States
    Quick question. I unbanned using my friends Local friend code thing and was wondering do I have to link a different nnid than the one I had that got banned?

18. jockep

jockep GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    Well not sure if Nintendo even monitors if multiple NNID uses same seed. However my friend who got banned uses a public seed with the NNID he got banned on and has had no issues.

19. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Holy fucking shit! They told me the ban was permanent on this one. Recap, this 3DS was banned exactly 4 weeks ago, 2 days before the banwave really started. I called them after and one guy said it was temporary, subsequent calls have them say it was permanent. Well, just on a whim I checked my friends list app, no ban! And just a couple of hours ago it brought up the 002-0102 message. HA! Didn't need to do the unbanning method, all I had to do was wait. Perhaps the permaban claim was a scare tactic. If 28 days is the solid duration, then that gives me 19 days until the other console is unbanned. This now unbanned console was my main pokemon genning one, brilliant.

Tl:dr - My ban was lifted, people who reported being banned on the Wednesday after mine, should check later this week, at least on June 21 regarding their ban status. If I can be unbanned, you lot can.

javisoto99, droople and InsaneNutter like this.
  20. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    @RustInPeace

Are you still on CFW? Or you are now going legit after being unbanned? hehe