UPDATE: Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology coming to 3DS

7Jifs25.png

Atlus has put out a teaser for the next issue of Weekly Famitsu, hinting that a new game will be announced on March 23rd. The tease comes from a website with the name of radianthistoria.jp, implying that this upcoming reveal is involved with 2011's critically acclaimed DS game, Radiant Historia. The text of the website reads "In the near future, a history once told will unfold again. And an unknown path will come to be known." Stay tuned for coverage of what the announcement will be, sometime tomorrow.

:arrow: Source

UPDATE:
The issue of Famitsu leaked, revealing that the project is a full remake of Radiant Historia for the Nintendo 3DS. Perfect Chronology will be a remake of the original, with extra content. More details are set to come as the full issue of Weekly Famitsu gets translated.

image.jpeg

UPDATE 2:
The game will be launching on June 29 in Japan. This is a full remake and not a port, so visuals will be enhanced, voice acting will be added, and the game will also have animated cutscenes done by A1 Pictures. The new extra story mode can either be chosen to be included in the main story, or you can have the option to play it after beating the original story mode. The game's director at Atlus, Mitsuru Hirano, explained that the vocal support of this game worldwide is why this remake is being created. The reason that there isn't a sequel, is because Atlus wanted fans to experience the same great game, but with improvements.

Last edited by Chary,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly, why are we liking RPG? we could have likes sport or fighting games, but noooo, we had to pick RPGs
Do you like those other games? Is not like they are bad. :P

To be honest I don't think rpg games are bad and probably wouldn't be as popular without final fantasy series or breath of fire or Phantasy star. But final fantasy is probably responsible for rpg being wordly popular in early years. Some i find them too unfair and only way to win is trial and error, not brain power or skill which i hate. Some are just too much fighting to get strong and that is it. (Dragon quest) Some are too slow paced and not often enough in between breaks of just walking around in a dungeon not knowing where to go cause so many pathways. (Phantasy star 2) Some have way more difficult enemies even if you are as strong as possible (Final fantasy 4 Advance) AND Some are just having bad luck of walking and having battles every 3 steps and no mercy on the enemies or balance of power and exp gain (Breath of fire)

Is fun to be challenged sometimes but at least a fair one. I only ever played one RPG by atlus and that was shin megami tensei nocturne or something. (It had dante from devil may cry in it) After i found him, he beat my ass and i never wanted to play again. It took 50 hours to get to him and it wasn't even half way through the game. :wtf:

@Chary keep saying i should try persona 4 golden on psvita but i can't download it cause i don't have enough memory card space. :P

The only reason i had the game was cause arc system works made a persona fighting game like guilty gear and i wanted it, and i thought this one was the vita port. It wasn't is a remaster of persona 4 which i bought on discount playstation store. So i have a game i didn't wanna play but now i'm being convinced to try. I feel dumb now. :blink:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This has been in my backlog for a long time now, but as one of the more... must play games. But now I have an excuse to put it off for a little bit longer until we get the enhanced edition. God why do all the games I like have to be long 40+ hour rpgs :wacko:
Radiant Historia is definitely amongst my favourite DS games of all times, along with Ghost Trick, Solatorobo and 999.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you like those other games? Is not like they are bad.
what I like best is a game with a story, and RPGs are (usually) good for that.
There are also other game genre with a story (action, adventure, even FPS can have them). I can think of beyond two souls, tomb raider, life is strange, etc.

I don't like sports or fighting games (I'm bad at them, and they are not funny playing alone), but all other genre are fine to me. even puzzle games like Picross, no story but I love it.

@Chary keep saying i should try persona 4 golden
I played the beginning on PS3 and liked it a lot, but always feared I did something wrong, or not progressing fast enough, etc.
I stoped playing it (due to other games being released ! haha), and finally decided to watch the anime instead. It's covering the game pretty well, and you get the story without exp grinding and socializing.
That's too bad, as it's part of the persona games, but watching the anime is good too if you don't have enough time to play the game.

Last edited by Cyan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a standalone game, unrelated to Atlus' other titles.
Oh okay, hope is a good one. I only ever played one Atlus rpg before. Wonder why they only make rpg and nothing else? :unsure:

If atlus make rpg and are also related to sega, perhaps a remake of Phantasy star series can be done. I pay money for that! :O

Reactions: tbb043

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is this game related to persona or Shin megami tensei? I was hoping for a catherine sequel sometime soon. or did that not sell well or something?
Nope, not related at all. Different IP.
This game is a turn based RPG with a twist, it uses a 3x3 positional grid and you are supposed to exploit the relative position of enemies.
Your attacks may hurt enemies that are near, or in a line, etc.
Also you have techniques that kind of modify the positions of enemies, making them vulnerable to an attack used afterwards.
I don't remember how it worked (I played it long ago), but I think this had a system similar to "bravely/default", and you were able to somehow stock attacks and attack a lot in a row, I don't remember very well how.
You are expected to do a lot of "backtracking" in this game, to call it in some way.

PS: I remembered, you actually had a "change" command, that let you exchange your turn with the enemies turn, you were able to use that to put a lot of your turns together, at the cost of receiving hits from the enemy for some time, and then you could unleash a pretty well planned sequence of techinques to maximize damage. It kind of had a result similar to the bravely/default system.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly, why are we liking RPG? we could have liked sport or fighting games, but noooo, we had to pick RPGs ;)

From what I can tell, those other genre's are becoming RPG's in themselves anyway. :rofl:

I am happy about the remake for this game though. It came so late in the DS's life that I wished it was made for 3DS and couldn't get more than a few hours into it without the "wow" factor of 3D. Hopefully a port to Switch during development will happen, but that's wishful thinking!

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother of god. If Atlus manages to release a special edition of this stateside I might actually have to buy it. This has gotta be one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in a long time.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Full remake? Very cool. I always meant to get around to beating Radiant Historia. Played it a bit and it was really interesting. Pretty excited for this.

Reactions: daxtsu

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I really hope this becomes as successful as the DS counterpart so that it may be brought overseas as well.

This was easily one of the best DS games of all time. And also one of the last quality titles developed for the system. I still have the soundtrack on my phone to this day. Yoko Shimomura made masterpieces for this game.

It makes sense that a "FinalMix" remake gets done on the 3DS now that it's argubably close to the end of it's lifetime.
I'm glad this was a DS game when it could have been a 3ds title because we got a game that pushed the console to it's limits (sound quality speaking). And now the 3DS gets that same chance for the game to spark on. Atlus can't possibly mess it up!

Reactions: daxtsu

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, hope is a good one. I only ever played one Atlus rpg before. Wonder why they only make rpg and nothing else? :unsure:

If atlus make rpg and are also related to sega, perhaps a remake of Phantasy star series can be done. I pay money for that! :O

I've been waiting > 25 years for Phantasy Star 5. Sega, do it...

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theres no mention of a localized version yet and they also don't say if the battle system will be changed in any way . . .
The game's director at Atlus, Mitsuru Hirano, explained that the vocal support of this game worldwide is why this remake is being created.
Obviously, if the game having a worldwide fanbase was the reason why the remake is being created then it's going to come to the West. Atlus is really good about releasing the vast majority of their (new) games in the West. You don't need to worry.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man... I was really excited when I read the title, but then I found out it's a remake. I already 100% the original version and still have the save file handy. I guess I'll play it anyway because 3DS is dying and there are like 4 more games coming out that I'll play (MHXX and Etrian Odyssey V for sure, Ever Oasis and Snack World probably, Fire Emblem remakes mayyybe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...