LolGuyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

I've been away from the scene for a year or so, And I own a 3ds XL (4.5.0-10E) with a gateway flashcard and 8.1.0-19E Emunand.

I would like to be ready when Pokemon Sun and Moon come out, So my question is: What do I have to do to upgrade my 3ds and how?

Thanks in advance!

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well actually I would recommend A9LH + Luma CFW for Sun and Moon so you can overclock and Play with a perfect Quality but since you have an o3ds overclock wouldn´t work so sun and moon will have the longest loading Screens you´ve ever seen on a 3ds game

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you want to keep the setup you currently have, just go to your emuNAND, enter the System Settings and update. You just have to be careful to not update sysNAND (I'm not sure, but I think having linked NANDs may update them both, so you might want to unlink your NANDs if you haven't already).

Last edited by Uziskull,

LolGuyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for fast response :)
How do I unlink them? I'm sure I've never done that before.
And can i just update to the latest gateway files?, I believe I have one of the first versions of gateway ultra

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've been away from the scene for a year or so, And I own a 3ds XL (4.5.0-10E) with a gateway flashcard and 8.1.0-19E Emunand.

I would like to be ready when Pokemon Sun and Moon come out, So my question is: What do I have to do to upgrade my 3ds and how?

Thanks in advance!

To answer your upgrade question, it has been confirmed that gateway emunand works on the latest 11.2 firmware (https://gbatemp.net/threads/11-2-0-35-update-now-released.446158/page-3), so you can update the EMUNAND (please make sure you are working in EmuNAND or you will brick!)

Thanks for fast response :)
How do I unlink them? I'm sure I've never done that before.
And can i just update to the latest gateway files?, I believe I have one of the first versions of gateway ultra

Inside your sd card "Nintendo 3DS" folder, how many sub-folders are there?

I think you are safe to update gateway files, but they may work with a particular firmware so research prior to doing anything.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 folders in there. One called 'private' and one with a bunch of random letters and numbers.

Ok they are still linked, when I have un-linked EmuNANDs I had 2 folders with a bunch of random letters and numbers.

I'm no gateway expert, but at this point I would look around to see the best way to un-link these without messing up your setup.

Try looking for older gateway threads and if in doubt post there or PM some people, just don't try anything without confirmation from someone so that you don't brick your console.

LolGuyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since when did this linked thing became an issue?
I updated my emunand to where it is now, multiple times in the past without my real system to be updated.

Having trouble finding any threads about unlinking them as main topic.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did this linked thing became an issue?
I updated my emunand to where it is now, multiple times in the past without my real system to be updated.

Having trouble finding any threads about unlinking them as main topic.
You shouldn't worry about emunand anymore and get a new update to date hack that uses sysnand and can safely updated
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki after that
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, I thought I saw in a thread a while back that someone who updated a linked emunand actually updated their sysnand (could be a user error tho). If you want to update go for it, like I said I'm no expert on gateway setup so I can't confirm it will work, just trying to answer question about linked nands.

Additionally you can follow the guide as quoted above, but if you like your setup and the system update in EmuNAND works then you can just keep it the way it is.

Not sure how having 2 firms working on same directory impacts those files.

LolGuyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok Thanks again guys for these reactions, great community :D,

I am totally fine with my setup now, and if everything still works the way it did back then i'm fine with that.
I updated my emunand 3 times before. but this was all more than a year ago, So don't know if it still works the same way as then.

Would be nice if someone could confirm that, otherwise I'll have to follow the guide above. Which is fine but it would take alot of time and steps and I'm a little scared of screwing up something then.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok Thanks again guys for these reactions, great community :D,

I am totally fine with my setup now, and if everything still works the way it did back then i'm fine with that.
I updated my emunand 3 times before. but this was all more than a year ago, So don't know if it still works the same way as then.

Would be nice if someone could confirm that, otherwise I'll have to follow the guide above. Which is fine but it would take alot of time and steps and I'm a little scared of screwing up something then.
Everyone will recommend you follow the guide and upgrade to a more current CFW setup.

But you're not interested in setting up a new CFW, then simply copy the latest gateway launcher.dat to your SD card and update through system settings.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao