[UPDATE] Phantom Dust HD Remaster Comes to PC and XboxOne For Free

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, May 16, 2017.

1. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Meh, I've bought stuff from the Windows store and it just sucks, usually not even worth starting it. I've played most (85%) of my Steam library including cheap/free games, even if a lot of the concepts don't hook me long-term. Several of my games are those I have played through on other platforms or before Steam came along, of course. It's just convenient.

2. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    @Pedeadstrian He probably focuses his achievements and playtime on Steam and wants to push this on.

I think it's a big deal for Microsoft finding a way to compete with Steam though.

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It's not a big deal, because they're not trying to compete (at least in this situation). It was an Xbox exclusive made by Microsoft Game Company several years ago. All they did was release it on their own store (for free). Since Microsoft rolled out their Play Anywhere iniative, it only makes sense to release it both for Xbox 1 and PC (Windows 10).

4. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I'm sure some ppl like it, and "hey, it's free" but oh my god is it ugly, clunky and just no. The player character looks similar yet worse than joker from injustice 2 if that's even possible. The general concept is unique and kinda cool, but the execution is terrible. From the walking/running animation to the fact that this is called an "HD remaster" I get it, it was ported to "be compatible" with hd screens/hardware/whatever, but to call it a remaster it just ludicrous. If it was remastered from 32bit i might say it was a job well done. The only good looking, crisp graphic in the entire game is the title logo i looked at at i opened the menu to delete it from my xbox.

tldr: FUCK IT'S UGLY!!!
    /rant

5. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Yeah... the main character's face in the cinematics is... nightmare-inducing.

V0ltr0n likes this.