[UPDATE] Nintendo Switch Out in the Wild!

Capture.JPG

Uh-oh!

As the title suggests, someone managed to get the upcoming Nintendo console before its March 3rd release. The person behind it, going as NeoGaf user hiphoptherobot, says an “unnamed store” decided to ship him an early Switch unit. He's even uploaded a video of it.

Check the video to have your first look at the console booting up, set up and UI!

[UPDATE]

Following the viral spread of the news of the early shipping of his console, NeoGaf user hiphoptherobot has decided to return his Switch to Nintendo after learning that his unit most likely came from a stolen batch.

Here's what he had to say when pressed to clear things up:

Not sure if I can really talk about it but I will say Nintendo has the console back and I am personally not in any trouble. Other than being out a console and the money I paid for it which really sucks with all the bills I have right now but it isn't going to be the end of the world or anything.

And I am sure it is frustrating that I cant share more details but I am not sure what I can or cant share. For the sake of clarification I will say that I don't think the person I got it from knew and therefore I certainly didn't know but somewhere down the chain some switches had "mysteriously disappeared". So while it was unknown to me, once I found out that it had probably been stolen I did't feel comfortable keeping it.

Again, I probably cant talk about details but after knowing what happened I don't necessarily think Nintendo is wrong for wanting the console back and the people I dealt with have all been very nice and reasonable. And again, I am not in any trouble but didnt feel like pushing my luck by keeping the videos up.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they get me a replacement console or something. It just hasn’t been discussed as of yet. I’m not angry with them so other people don’t need to get angry with them on my behalf.

He also mentioned that he will be taking the original video down, although you can still find reuploads elsewhere.

If it's any consolation, March 3rd is less than two weeks away!

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE

Last edited by Prans,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It lacks the Nintendo vibe, and the neat nintendo music. Sad.
Lol what? Those are undeniably Nintendo sounds, and IMO it looks pretty much like any other Nintendo OS (except it's actually fast and responsive). Music I'm sure plays with various themes and when you hover over a game title.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(Maybe a little bit off-topic?)
So... I found this video, what do you guys think? Real or fake? It looks quite real to me... (let the salt begin)

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Lol what? Those are undeniably Nintendo sounds, and IMO it looks pretty much like any other Nintendo OS (except it's actually fast and responsive). Music I'm sure plays with various themes and when you hover over a game title.

You're sure? Well it definitely didn't play music with those two themes. And the OS just looks like a custom PS4 OS, doesn't scream nintendo at all to me.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh the actual OS looked a tad bit dull to me I'm a bit disappointed, doesn't really pull you much towards having a good look around and see what it does, that buzz will last about 2 minutes max! :(

Edit: I will edit this comment and say, "my WiiU's OS looks more interesting than the Switch does"

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no