Hacking [UPDATE] ACTIVATION IS BACK + PSP Bubble Installer for Adrenaline/ARK (No PS3!)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's a damn shame the mini uses VitaShell's .rif file to enable the game to boot... I wanted to install ARK over that basegame so that when I want to boot up my Vita only to play some PSP ISOs for the time being, I don't have to install HENkaku beforehand or anything.
So yeah, a bit of a let-down there...

I guess it's somewhat tempting, I suppose... I've been using my legit Ape Quest (232MB!) demo solely for the purpose I stated earlier, so it could turn out to be a convenient switch, space-wise. :P
Ahhhh I never even thought to check to see what license it used, I always install Henkaku as soon as I turn my Vita on so I didn't even bother checking to see if Henkaku was required all the time :lol:

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could easily find a PS3 for like $50 pretty much everyone online. Apparently Gamestop sells used ones for like $40 in-stores.

Or even just borrow a friend's for like 5 minutes, that's all it takes to activate and it only needs to be done once unless you do a factory restore.
You can get a used one on eBay for less then $100

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just having a PSN linked doesn't mean it's fully activated. It has to have content downloaded from PSN from before PSN spoofing broke in order to be fully activated. To install Adrenaline, use this to install the base game, then grab the Easy Adrenaline Installer VPK from the tutorial section and follow the instructions there.

It had around 7 PSVITA demos installed when i got it. Also a bunch of wallpapers from the PSN. So i can assume it was activated?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im kind of lost. I downloaded the bubble installer and installed it. It gave me an icon that says bigheadsnooker. Also the easyadrenaline installer. When i try to install adrenaline it says it cant find psp 6.61. Do i need to download psp 6.61 firmware to proceed? Where do i put the file?
Sorry to ask so many questions but i have only delt with old psp's and am new to vitas.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
im kind of lost. I downloaded the bubble installer and installed it. It gave me an icon that says bigheadsnooker. Also the easyadrenaline installer. When i try to install adrenaline it says it cant find psp 6.61. Do i need to download psp 6.61 firmware to proceed? Where do i put the file?
Sorry to ask so many questions but i have only delt with old psp's and am new to vitas.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/ Follow the tutorial at the top of the page.

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you! I knew i was missing something. I have heard of peoples memory cards reformatting during this process. I hope it dosent happen to me :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also do I need a psp game? Or does that new psp bubble thing take place of that? I know im taking a chance as to whether my vita is activated. I bought it used on ebay but when i play a game it comes up with his info so i assume he had it signed into psn but unsure if it is truly activated.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I knew i was missing something. I have heard of peoples memory cards reformatting during this process. I hope it dosent happen to me :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also do I need a psp game? Or does that new psp bubble thing take place of that? I know im taking a chance as to whether my vita is activated. I bought it used on ebay but when i play a game it comes up with his info so i assume he had it signed into psn but unsure if it is truly activated.
The new bubble installer makes it so you don't have to own a PSP game.

Just note that having a PSN account linked does not necessarily mean it's activated. A Vita is only fully activated when some sort of content (be it a PSP/PS1/Vita game or demo) is downloaded and installed on the Vita. If the Vita you got had some sort of game pre-installed, it'll be activated. If not, you can check tm0:npdrm/act.dat in VitaShell and if the file is bigger than 0kb it's activated.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Just note that having a PSN account linked does not necessarily mean it's activated. A Vita is only fully activated when some sort of content (be it a PSP/PS1/Vita game or demo) is downloaded and installed on the Vita. If the Vita you got had some sort of game pre-installed, it'll be activated. If not, you can check tm0:npdrm/act.dat in VitaShell and if the file is bigger than 0kb it's activated.
Ah, lol, this mean "activated" so. Me too though activated meant have a psn account. Anyway in past i had download many psp and ps1 games from psn, but then i deleted them for space reasons; this mean my psv is still activated or is only applied when you still own a downloaded psp/ps1 on your psvita?

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow very good info. I will check mine. Thank you so much. If its not i heard they are working on a tool that should be available any day now to be able to play psp games on any 3.60 activated or not.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ah, lol, this mean "activated" so. Me too though activated meant have a psn account. Anyway in past i had download many psp and ps1 games from psn, but then i deleted them for space reasons; this mean my psv is still activated or is only applied when you still own a downloaded psp/ps1 on your psvita?
It applies to any content downloaded to your Vita from PSN. As long as you have connected to PSN at least once before and have downloaded some sort of software you'll be activated.

The only time activation is reset is if you do a full system restore on your Vita.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It applies to any content downloaded to your Vita from PSN. As long as you have connected to PSN at least once before and have downloaded some sort of software you'll be activated.

The only time activation is reset is if you do a full system restore on your Vita.
Ah, ok. This meant even the database rebuilding?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM